Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Floods can troll you?

(PSN)Dark-TailedFox

I really should've taken video clips of the 5 Mars Kuva Floods I tried to do with my alliance leader and some other guys from the group as well, so lets go through the mishaps of those 5 flood attempts.

Flood 1: Went in with Valkyr, Nyx, Nidus, and [Nekros?] for a Capture. Capture goes fine, find the siphon, TONS of Kuva Guardians spawn into the map when it activates, and I mean FAR more than what should've spawned for a Flood mission to the point we went down 3 times due to lack of pretty much everything and aborted when it had already collected 6 clouds and 4 more Kuva Hyekka Masters and Scorches came in making any attempts in Tenno mode impossible.

Flood 2: Completed the capture on the same node, searched high and low all over the place for the siphon, could not find it and it had collected 7 clouds when we gave up looking.

Flood 3: Again, completed the capture, heard and followed the sound (I did) of the siphon and clouds coming in all while being assaulted by about 10 guardians, aborted when I felt that it was glitched within the walls, and then was told that it was in the next room that I had searched 4 times by my clan leader who had joined us by then.

Flood 4: Completed 1 excavator and found the siphon, team composition is now Trinity, Nekros P, Nyx, and Volt [P]. Grustrag 3 says hello...at level 85.. Nekros (me) gets 1 shot through shadow augment, take a few shots at Leekter, his drone cages me, never captures me, and I'm just a spectator now at 0:00 bleedout, a dead Helios, and watching my teammates laugh and struggle against both Kuva minions AND G3. G3 finally die, siphon managed to get completed somehow, alliance leader shows me a screenshot that I still have the G3 net around my legs at extraction.

Flood 5: Completed the Corpus Capture, found an ayatan sculpture near the siphon. Oh, hello Stalker AND Suda drones together??? Beat both at lv 85, siphon is completed, [gtfood] to extraction.

Um, how many times can the odds fall out of your favor in less than an hour?

Edited by (PS4)Foxkid_8
Sorry, stalker and suda spawned on a corpus tileset, not mars.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

I really should've taken video clips of the 5 Mars Kuva Floods I tried to do with my alliance leader and some other guys from the group as well, so lets go through the mishaps of those 5 flood attempts.

Flood 1: Went in with Valkyr, Nyx, Nidus, and [Nekros?] for a Capture. Capture goes fine, find the siphon, TONS of Kuva Guardians spawn into the map when it activates, and I mean FAR more than what should've spawned for a Flood mission to the point we went down 3 times due to lack of pretty much everything and aborted when it had already collected 6 clouds and 4 more Kuva Hyekka Masters and Scorches came in making any attempts in Tenno mode impossible.

Flood 2: Completed the capture on the same node, searched high and low all over the place for the siphon, could not find it and it had collected 7 clouds when we gave up looking.

Flood 3: Again, completed the capture, heard and followed the sound (I did) of the siphon and clouds coming in all while being assaulted by about 10 guardians, aborted when I felt that it was glitched within the walls, and then was told that it was in the next room that I had searched 4 times by my clan leader who had joined us by then.

Flood 4: Completed 1 excavator and found the siphon, team composition is now Trinity, Nekros P, Nyx, and Volt [P]. Grustrag 3 says hello...at level 85.. Nekros (me) gets 1 shot through shadow augment, take a few shots at Leekter, his drone cages me, never captures me, and I'm just a spectator now at 0:00 bleedout, a dead Helios, and watching my teammates laugh and struggle against both Kuva minions AND G3. G3 finally die, siphon managed to get completed somehow, alliance leader shows me a screenshot that I still have the G3 net around my legs at extraction.

Flood 5: Completed the Corpus Capture, found an ayatan sculpture near the siphon. Oh, hello Stalker AND Suda drones together??? Beat both at lv 85, siphon is completed, [gtfood] to extraction.

Um, how many times can the odds fall out of your favor in less than an hour?

I want run with you guys. Nice spawn luck!

Just now, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

Spawn as in floods or spawn as in enemy count? Because us aborting usually counts the mission as incomplete so we're allowed to run it multiple times.

Enemies :cool:

Seriously though, you all get hit hard. I was discussing this in another thread with having to cheese the Kuva content. 

Normally we don't have to cheese it.

The normal flow is usually: 1 person on Ignis/Ogris control (hyekka/scorch/napalm/bombard and their kuva variants), 1 on Siphon duty, 1 on disarming duty (kuva guardians), and 1 to do anything else or go ham in the surrounding area, usually full crowd control unless its trinity keeping energy up more for Tenno duty than the warframes in that instance.

1 hour ago, dstrawberrygirl said:

Never had any trouble with G3 until my friend gleefully summoned them after we completed capturing kuva from a flood. Initial horror from the one-hit-kill turned to laughter as all we could do was watch as our poor warframes got captured.

Note to self, no G3 beacons on Kuva Flood missions.

That was hella fun though. Never have I laughed so much as when my poor Frost got destroyed in less than a second. lol