The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Molecular Prime build

(PSN)Deception_Pharo

Question

Greeting Tenno,

As the title says Nova's 4th ability build required, as I've just played her and need a good build.

Preferably duration and range to extend the wave. I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to remove or mod so any guidance or your build is appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by (PS4)Deception_Pharo

19 answers to this question

Duration..range is really only needed for the explosion part.

+ strength for slow...- strength for speed....and ofc some efficiency

slow:

Spoiler

31B0leI.jpg

YNfSJQR.jpg

fast:

Spoiler

UUbhi3D.jpg

75Sgltp.jpg

I also use Zenurik for energy restore. imo this is a decent build if you dont want to use forma...yet

Edited by xcynderx

2 minutes ago, xcynderx said:

Duration..range is really only needed for the explosion part.

+ strength for slow...- strength for speed....and ofc some efficiency

1 minute ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

range is not needed to extend the ability.

Thanks, so stretch is pointless to use? I will add strength and some efficiency, I guess those 2 are the only ones.

Max duration?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

Thanks, so stretch is pointless to use? I will add strength and some efficiency, I guess those 2 are the only ones.

Max duration?

basically...i added screenshots of the 2 builds i use.

speed drift is there just as a filler...adds a slight cast speed increase and sprint speed (meh)

Edited by xcynderx

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

Huh?

basically high duration builds  grant more stars on 1 

using  NeutronStar2<-  make them simultaneously explode and deal CC blast proc guaranteed based on the number you release 

rush into enemy group cast 1 , recast go boom 

called a suicide/chain/meltdown/banzai nova by some

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Just now, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

basically high duration builds  grant more stars on 1 

using  NeutronStar2<-  make them simultaneously explode and deal CC blast proc guaranteed based on the number you release 

rush into enemy group cast 1 , recast go boom 

Hmm, make the world go boom.🤔

I like that, thanks for the tip.

5o1l6li.jpg

This is how I've been rolling with my Nova anymore. Was using Rage + Quick thinking together for that health to energy, but I've since then started using Speed Drift for faster cast and sprint speed.

Use what ever mods you want, but I like my Nova to survive, as well as have maximum spread with maximum slow.

It requires at least +45% power strength to be added, Intensify and Power Drift will get you there. Narrow Minded, Continuity, and Constitution for max duration, if you have or can afford it, you should get Primed Continuity. Primed Flow helps a massive amount on this frame.

You cannot use Fleeting Expertise without losing Duration and Duration is key here. Transient Fortitude lowers duration as well so you cannot use that to get your +45% power strength either, a rank 2 blind rage would do it, but you lose power efficiency.

jAKdpeH.jpg

Molecular Prime has that passive +200% damage no matter how much damage you actually have. Your slow % is why we're making it +45% power strength. Range as you see only effects your explosion range.

If you wish to speed up your enemies instead of slowing them down, you will want to remove Intensify and Power Drift, add Overextended for the final results: Slow -30%

W9I7Hlo.jpg

Edited by Alcatraz

27 minutes ago, (PS4)skins0208 said:

Alcatraz has it on the money. Use his build :thumbup:

the quick thinking made me cringe  .... 

it is an effective tool .. I ...just ...hate that mod.... 
[guess i should somewhat explain that] 

the usefulness is only effective if you have energy ,and it drains it fast on high missions , constant near death  and then eventually ..death because no energy to CC made me dislike the mod 

tried a bunch of builds and variations, end result is thats your free mod slot , and it isnt required , much easier to use the antimatters augment to take damage away and use it to then deal damage

thus glass cannnon nova 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

1 hour ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

Max duration?

Stretch isn't pointless, especially if you use worm hole, but by far range is what you care the least about.

Max duration isn't always what you want - a "good" Nova player tailors the duration to the mission.  As an example for a RAID or an interception I run max duration because those are all about max CC.  However for a survival, defense or excavation max duration can be a huge hindrance because you want to drawn in enemies and then kill them.  If you are priming the whole map they will get stuck far away from you.

For the second scenario feel free to use fleeting expertise instead of streamline for a spam style build.  Prime the immediate vicinity more often.  Or another option is to switch to a rank 8 transient fortitude instead of intensify + power drift.  That frees up your exilus slot for a different mod.

EDIT - and you should forma off one of the three maduri polarities that come as a default.  You need one for continuity and the second for whatever power strength mod you chose.  But that third is just awkward.

Edited by (PS4)Agent_CHAR

Stretch is good for all factions at lower levels and Infested well through the top of the star chart.

At lower levels, the explosions from Molecular Prime deal enough damage to outright kill enemies, so adding range allows you to chain explosions more easily.

Against Infested at the top of the star chart, Brood Mothers exist. Because the explosion damage is independent of the enemy that exploded, Maggots will easily take each other out and deal a good amount of damage to everything else in the area. This basically works up until you reach levels where Ancient Disruptors start covering the map.

As for duration, as Agent_CHAR mentions above, you definitely want to tailor your duration to the mission you are running. In missions where your kill rate matters (or where you have to clear all enemies from the map), it's advisable to use a lower duration to keep the enemies coming.

As for an actual build, I use the same build Alcatraz is using as my base build, except with Fleeting Expertise instead of Speed Drift.

And as a side note, all kills from Molecular Prime's explosions are credited to the source of damage that started a chain. For example, setting off an explosion chain with a hit from the Heliocor will scan every enemy that was killed in the chain (making it useful for scanning Feral Kavats).