Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Master Rank

(XBOX)Gus Man B

Question

Hi,

I am new to Warframe and I would like to know how Master Rank works, and f it's linkedat all to the rank system for Warframes and Gear?

My Warframe is at rank 9 and my weapons are  10, 4, and 9 Prime, 2nd and Mela.

I have already done a test at a Master rank 1. When or how do I get to the next Mastery rank, is it very 10 standard ranks? 

Latastly at what Mastery rank are the desired gear available? 

6 answers to this question

Mastery Rank is directly tied to your Warframes, weapons & companions.  Ranking them to 30 will give you the maximum amount of MR experience each item has to offer.

That depends, what is your desired gear?  IIRC, the highest MR locked item is at MR12 right now.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_Mastery_Rank

To get a higher MR (Mastery Rank), you'll need to xp you warframe and weapons to max rank (30). 

17 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Gus Man B said:

My Warframe is at rank 9 and my weapons are  10, 4, and 9 Prime, 2nd and Mela.

What does that mean?

I have already done a test at a Master rank 1. When or how do I get to the next Mastery rank, is it very 10 standard ranks? 

MR tests are available when you get enough Mastery points (by leveling your gears) to get to the next Rank. Each rank requires more points than the previous one, and each piece of equipement (Warframes, weapons, companions and Sentinel) can give you a total of something around 3k points, but gradualy, so if you want all the points from a gun, for exemple, you'll want to max it. It only works once, so using a Forma to reset a piece of equipement to rank 0 won't give you any more MP.

Latastly at what Mastery rank are the desired gear available? 

Depends of your personal desires and playstyle. Some weapons are unlocked when you get to Mr 4-8, and some are unocked at Mr 12-13, but some weapons with lower MR restrictions can be just as good as high MR ones. 

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

Every level you for a warframe or companion earns 200 XP, every rank for a weapon earns 100xp.  You also get 1000 xp for every junction and around 60 xp for clearing a star chart node (varies).

The rank highlights:

Rank 6: Syndicate Secondaries

Rank 8: Syndicate Melee, lowest ranked Riven mods

Rank 12: Syndicate Primaris

Rank 13: Galatine Prime, Tigris Prime (arguably the best Melee and Primary in the game), can use all weapons.

Rank 16: can use any Riven Mod

Note that purchasing a platinum from the store with platinum lets you bypass rank requirements.  You can't buy a special weapon or weapon blueprint in trade chat unless you meet rank requirements. 

Ranking up also lets you put more mods on unleveled gear and gives better daily rewards.  It is also a way to indicate to other players how experienced you are in the game and how much kit you have.

You'll know soon if the game is for you.  If it is, there's no reason not to keep ranking up.  Finding the hard to get weapons is one of the enjoyable challenges of high level play.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone