The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An People Said We Wouldnt Make The Event...

Solaurus

personally... I stopt caring... just kill 20 more then the limit... and feel good about it... then walk away... because placing all my good mods on the Dread and killing a stupid drone was miserable... So I stuck the good stuff on the Gorgon and ran off the voids, and defense missions instead... because those are ALWAYS more fun then fighting grineer 24/7

ugh. events cant be failed. but thx for thread.

Who says events can't be failed? It would be pretty stupid for DE to bump us to 100 since it would completely deflate interest in future events if DE will just give out the prize anyway.

I'd have to say that DE did an excellent job of adjusting the event goal threshold from the Fusion Moa event. That one was over nearly a whole day before the timer. This ran down to the last few hours. Just a few adjustment tweaks and they'll have awesome events more or less nailed. I kind of want to see people fail an event now, except I know that not getting the prize will just result in a bunch of self-entitled rage.

That aside, I vote we not call the Snipetron Vandal the Vandaltron. The community took to calling the Braton Vandal the Brandal. So let's call the Snipetron Vandal the Sandal. Any takers? :D

I'd have to say that DE did an excellent job of adjusting the event goal threshold from the Fusion Moa event. That one was over nearly a whole day before the timer. This ran down to the last few hours. Just a few adjustment tweaks and they'll have awesome events more or less nailed. I kind of want to see people fail an event now, except I know that not getting the prize will just result in a bunch of self-entitled rage.

That aside, I vote we not call the Snipetron Vandal the Vandaltron. The community took to calling the Braton Vandal the Brandal. So let's call the Snipetron Vandal the Sandal. Any takers? :D

What about lato vandal??

Who says events can't be failed? It would be pretty stupid for DE to bump us to 100 since it would completely deflate interest in future events if DE will just give out the prize anyway.

That's because they are "timed". The event would reach 100% but if you didn't complete the objective of killing 20 flying things you wouldn't get rewarded.

Feel cheated actually. A bogus progress meter. Stopping at 20 was the right thing to do when the progress meter cheats so win is made.

At least it had let me get to mastery 11.

That's because they are "timed". The event would reach 100% but if you didn't complete the objective of killing 20 flying things you wouldn't get rewarded.

In all events in literally almost every other online game, events can be failed. Why would Warframe be different. They already insinuated that the event can be failed multiple times.

personally... I stopt caring... just kill 20 more then the limit... and feel good about it... then walk away... because placing all my good mods on the Dread and killing a stupid drone was miserable... So I stuck the good stuff on the Gorgon and ran off the voids, and defense missions instead... because those are ALWAYS more fun then fighting grineer 24/7

You felt miserable because you were using the Dread. Also because you were killing drones, of course, but mostly because you were using the Dread.

I don't believe for a second DE didn't give it to us.

In all events in literally almost every other online game, events can be failed. Why would Warframe be different. They already insinuated that the event can be failed multiple times.

Because warframe is full of whiny manchildren who pay 200 dollars for a beta they played all of five minutes of. DE's gotta keep them happy.

Edited by DAWGUNITALPHA

Feel cheated actually. A bogus progress meter. Stopping at 20 was the right thing to do when the progress meter cheats so win is made.

At least it had let me get to mastery 11.

I love when people claim conspiracy theory without ANY evidence whatsoever. Being cynical for cynicism's sake does not make you a rational skeptic. It just makes you paranoid.

I love when people claim conspiracy theory without ANY evidence whatsoever. Being cynical for cynicism's sake does not make you a rational skeptic. It just makes you paranoid.

Evidence was clear from Moa event progress. Game peak time is when Europe and America is awake. There was no chance of the last 20 hours making up for the missing percentage if it went up by kills alone. All players have to go on is a % bar and a view of what others are(/not) doing.

Evidence was clear from Moa event progress. Game peak time is when Europe and America is awake. There was no chance of the last 20 hours making up for the missing percentage if it went up by kills alone. All players have to go on is a % bar and a view of what others are(/not) doing.

I don't think you know what evidence means. What you've presented is circumstantial and speculation. Didn't you consider that people went out of their way to farm the drones when they saw they needed to farm or fail the event hence skewing the normal peak times?

Bottomline is that you can't prove that DE rigged the thing and I can't prove that they didn't. However, I'm not making claims without evidence and pretending that they're fact like you are.

Edited by EetNotErn

I don't think you know what evidence means. What you've presented is circumstantial and speculation. Didn't you consider that people went out of their way to farm the drones when they saw they needed to farm or fail the event hence skewing the normal peak times?

Bottomline is that you can't prove that DE rigged the thing and I can't prove that they didn't. However, I'm not making claims without evidence and pretending that they're fact like you are.

Adding on to this:

Those guys are INSULTING those who actually participated till last minute with something that has no proof or even convincing "signs". The "trend" and fallacious assumptions/reasons are not convincing.

Initially, I thought the thead/OP was a little to incitable when I first read it, but maybe it is right after all. Maybe some just insisted the event was rigged to make themselves appear/feel less stupid.

JFI,the leadership board kill alone adds up to more than 700k kills. And at least 1 out of the top 3 clans above 1000 is from asia/oceanic. Do not underestimate the number of players from those regions (esp Japan I think). And just for info, near to where the event ends (~6 hours?) was also where most in asia/oceanic got back from school/work on Monday. And I think a lot of the final climb was due to people who initially stopped but saw that there is a good chance of completing, so they rejoin participation. Event times is not "normal", so quoted poster is right about not to assume "normal" peak time and such. Though without exact stats, there is no proof enough that these are responsible for the final climb rate (I think a lot of people outside asia/oceanic are playing as well), I think it beats the the "observing the trend and jump to conclusions" stances. If we want to settle the argument for sure: ask DE to  release the stats. Then these people can go waste efforts trying to prove that the stats are rigged. Though it still doesn't change the fact that people making the "accusations" are discrediting those who really spent efforts on it.

Also, do not overlook that participants get more efficient. I am not among even the good players (I play very little TPS/FPS before this), but my end-event efficiency still easily more than twice of my starting one. It is not great, but I can still manage at least 1-1.5 done kill per minute of mission time on average. If it can be done by even somebody like me, I think many people can do better.

This post is not directed at the strange ironic people who plays a game and then tries to take all fun out of it. It is merely an "observation".

Edited by smithf

^

We had a good 20% to go (or more) when I went to sleep last night on the WEST COAST - meaning, since it was 1am on Monday morning, that most people were asleep.

Wake up, and event is done. I don't know what happened in the 8 hours I was asleep, but I somehow doubt we legitimately got 20% of the event done in that time since the majority of players were passed out at that point, and we hadn't been going that quickly even at peak hours.

Edited by Fate_6