Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is a good beginner(ish) build for Nikana P (Dragon Nikana)

LoneWandererZed

Question

I don't have any Primed mods to put on my weapons (i wasn't playing for a very long time) and I don't like using Forma (because I suck at building weapons/frames on my own , and i am afraid that i might f something up)

I play a lot of Loki and Ash, and I don't really use hp/shield mods on them (basically glass cannon) that is why i need to kill enemies as fast as possible. I know that I could just use Aash's Ulti but I just like using my melee weapons as much as possible 

This is my Ash build: http://prntscr.com/e3900a

Loki build: http://prntscr.com/e390k1

Nikana P build: http://prnt.sc/e38xm4

I am using Mogamu's build, but it just feels weak (to me at least)

P.S I know that the mods aren't maxed out but I am really low on creds right now

Edited by LoneWandererZed

4 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, LoneWandererZed said:

i am afraid that i might f something up)

Don't be afraid to mess stuff up. It is best for you to create builds on how you want to play the game. Try out different mod combinations in the simulacrum and then bringing the builds into missions. This will help you get used to the modding system so that you will know what mods might be best for you the next time you get a new weapon or frame.

Foreword.

All that I am about to say has been organized and is subject to change based on when I am asked and many other factors, but this was the response I had at this time. If you have any inquiries, feel free to explain.

Nikana.

Spoiler

It depends on the enemy you're facing and the way you want to fight. The Blind Justice stance offers two main attacks that are pretty good;

1: The one which starts with holding melee, causing you to jab forward with the blade.

2: The one which starts with blocking.

Not everyone likes the Nikana, and I understand them.

Updated: Recalled build components:

Combo Duration timer increaser with status chance (drops from Nightmares) + Blood Rush (Acolyte mod: unobtainable right now) = damage scales based on use.

Ash.

Spoiler

The lack of Primed Mods, Forma, and the all-essential Vitality/Redirection mods (at max rank is best) will make you virtually useless in any mission that is beyond level 30, due to how much damage enemies would output by that point. Your powers, save for 2 and 3, would be useless aswell as their damage output would be meaningless against enemies that are level 40+ and it would be easier by then to walk in as an Excal and blind+stab everything.

Or smash it all with Nidus, if you have him.

Update:

In almost all of my own builds, Rejuvenation or Energy Siphon is in there; you'll never know when they'll come in handy. I tend to focus more on ensuring my warframes can take enough punishment for me to go in guns blazing or swords swinging if needs be;

Redirection, Vitality, Vigor and Steel Fiber all increase your Warframe's endurance when it comes to having to stand in the way of gunfire and in some cases Grineer Scorchers, Mounted Ramparts and Tech Crewmen are but a select few examples where these mods would save you, if you react.

Loki.

Spoiler

What I don't think is necessary when it comes to Loki, but this is my opinion, is: 1: Range. 2: Strength.
What I do think is necessary: 3: Duration. 4: Efficiency. 5: Energy regen in some form.

Update:

I recommend adding Rejuvenation, Vigor, Vitality, Rage and Steel Fiber to Loki so you can permit him to take health damage so you can use powers. If you happen to still have room, Quick Thinking would allow you to last a little bit longer if exposed and still having energy.

Approx. summary.

Spoiler

Health/shield/armor mods will allow you to use your melee more often in situations where you'd usually be already down, if not dead, such as being damaged by:

Extremely high level enemies (starting at level 30+).

Grineer: Scorchers, Ramparts, Heavy Gunners, Hyekka Master's Ignis.

Corpus: Bursas, Tech Crewmen, Sapper Ospreys, Attack Drones, and Nullifiers.

Infested: Every Parasitic/Elemental damage Eximus.

Sentients: Battalysts.

???: Classic Stalker, Shadow Stalker, all the Acolytes.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
See 'Update' in each spoiler-compressed section.