Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara's Pointless Alert Arrow

Queen_Crimson

7 hours ago, ScribbleClash said:

Despite this being a thread about Ivara and not banshee: With maxed range she gets 50 on the initial cast, which is the cap on it's range. Even if the augment goes over this, you can still cover 4 interception nodes from the center of a map (usually you cover a whole tile).

Quake without the augment deals almost no damage, and turns you into a sitting duck. Its one of the worst abilities available. You might cover the 4 interception points on small maps, but aside from staggering enemies for a little while, you'll do nothing else.

36 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

Quake without the augment deals almost no damage, and turns you into a sitting duck. Its one of the worst abilities available. You might cover the 4 interception points on small maps, but aside from staggering enemies for a little while, you'll do nothing else.

If by a little while you mean until the data is intercepted and by nothing else you mean controlling all enemies, stopping them from capping, then yes, there's nothing else. But the matter of the fact is that it is not necessary to kill enemies with it, neither is it advised. By focusing the right enemies (e.g. nullifiers) your team can support you in locking down the whole map.

I'm sorry that I keep replying to the offtopic theme and will stop to reply anything related to this hereafter. IMO there was everything needed said in this topic so far. I do not understand why people come back to complain about an ability that was clearly more of a gimmick.

1 minute ago, ScribbleClash said:

If by a little while you mean until the data is intercepted and by nothing else you mean controlling all enemies, stopping them from capping, then yes, there's nothing else. But the matter of the fact is that it is not necessary to kill enemies with it, neither is it advised. By focusing the right enemies (e.g. nullifiers) your team can support you in locking down the whole map.

By little i mean until you get inevitably killed. On larger maps Banshee cannot cover all the points, not even Quake Banshee can. And you dont see people asking for unaugmented Banshees for interception. Quake Banshee on the other hand is quite popular for Bere.

In any case this is all off topic like you pointed out.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:01 PM, Inarticulate said:

It's great for Riven challenges like x headshots in one aim glide.

It keeps Combas and Scrambuses from zooming around corners.

It destroys enemy AI in Interception.

it's not as useless as you think.

^^This