Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Air Support Should Scale With Mastery Rank

DERPY_SMOOG

i hardly ever see anybody using Air Support. whenever i go to akkad or other high level defenses or survivals i always toss out a med tower. and on some occasions i see the turret but air support seem so rarely used. i think scaling air support with mastery rank might help encourage people to use it more and to seek out the other ships with a bit more enthusiasm.

Med Tower. Either each master rank level makes the tower heal more or add a duration of a half second per rank.

Sentry Turret. Level scales with Mastery Rank, raising its shields and damage

Ordis Hack. Hack laster longer with MR maybe a second or a half second per rank

Carpet Bombs. Damage goes up with MR. pretty simple

Any other ideas?

Edited by DERPY_SMOOG

I actually regularly use the Liset's air support for Sortie Rescue missions or when someone messes up a spy mission to buy us a few extra seconds. Works great with more than one person using it. A few more seconds at higher mastery though would be nice. 

The only really useful one is the Liset's to grant an extra 10 seconds on spies and rescues that you mess up on. It would be nice if you could have them scale to MR level, but at 30, what would that give you? Maybe an extra 15 seconds? 10 seconds? 20 seconds extra on a rescue like the sorties (Lua still needs a rework) is a massive increase. Air support is just that, 'support'. It's not meant to be able to have the same effect of the Mirage Synoid cheesing. 

1 minute ago, xcynderx said:

main reason i do not use AS...ridiculous 10 minute CD...NOTHING should be longer than 5 minutes imo.

Most missions you would use Air Suppoirt in don't even last 5 minutes from the first time you'd use them to the end. There's no real reason to reduce the cooldown on it if you ask me. (Note: this is referring to the Liset one, not the others as I have no experience with them)

22 minutes ago, DERPY_SMOOG said:

i hardly ever see anybody using Air Support. whenever i go to akkad or other high level defenses or survivals i always toss out a med tower. and on some occasions i see the turret but air support seem so rarely used. i think scaling air support with mastery rank might help encourage people to use it more and to seek out the other ships with a bit more enthusiasm.

Med Tower. Either each master rank level makes the tower heal more or add a duration of a half second per rank.

Any other ideas? i think mastery rank should

Those are great ideas another option to buffing them would be:

Med tower: at mr1- 10 increase amount capable of healing per rank, mr11- 20 heals more health and overshields(increases amount per rank) and mr21- 30 power restore(increases per rank)

Sentry turret: mr 1-10 increases dmg, health and shield of turret per rank, mr 11-20 able to throw out 2 at once(second turret will have less dmg, health and shields but will match main turret at last rank) and mr 21-30 double barrel turrets (shoots faster per rank)

Ordis hack: reduce CD per mr rank so maybe at 30 it would be at 3-5 minutes instead of 10

Carpet bombs: MR 1-10 bombards spot for nth seconds per rank, mr11- 20 more dmg per rank and mr21- 30 greater area per rank

6 minutes ago, Imaru said:

Most missions you would use Air Suppoirt in don't even last 5 minutes from the first time you'd use them to the end. There's no real reason to reduce the cooldown on it if you ask me. (Note: this is referring to the Liset one, not the others as I have no experience with them)

This is true. The only air support I see commonly (as in maybe once every 50 games) is the Liset air support for spies/rescues on sorties or the Turret on akkad for a bit of extra dps. It's a slight advantage that one could use ingame, but overall it's not that useful aside from the Liset. Make the cd 5mins, sure, but what real effect does that have on a spy/rescue that only lasts around 3 minutes?

2 hours ago, DERPY_SMOOG said:

Any other ideas? i think mastery rank should

2 hours ago, Omnipower said:

Those are great ideas another option to buffing them would be:

Med tower: at mr1- 10 increase amount capable of healing per rank, mr11- 20 heals more health and overshields(increases amount per rank) and mr21- 30 power restore(increases per rank)

Sentry turret: mr 1-10 increases dmg, health and shield of turret per rank, mr 11-20 able to throw out 2 at once(second turret will have less dmg, health and shields but will match main turret at last rank) and mr 21-30 double barrel turrets (shoots faster per rank)

Ordis hack: reduce CD per mr rank so maybe at 30 it would be at 3-5 minutes instead of 10

Carpet bombs: MR 1-10 bombards spot for nth seconds per rank, mr11- 20 more dmg per rank and mr21- 30 greater area per rank

I think the MR, if we play on that should reduce the CD,

10 min is way too long for some abilities (carpet bomb) but should become OP with some other (Ordis hack).

Liset Ordis Hack : 16 sec between each MR

Explaination & Maths

Spoiler

generally when you triggered an alarm, you got 1 minute in order to  fulfill your objective, even at MR  30 the CD will reach 2 min 

10min = 60 *10 sec = 600 sec

For a MR 10

reduction CD : 16 sec * 10 = 160 sec

For a MR 30

16 sec * 3 * 10 = 480 sec

600 - 480 = 120

120 sec = 2 min

Med Tower: 10 min => 3 min

Explaination & Maths

Spoiler

For lower MR with no trinity (or other heal sources), having a heal ship is great for team diversity at this cases.

For Higher MR they have have the loadout in order to heal themself, so the problem it's not about to get heal at all, but rather not die from a lvl 150 sniper grakata, so there is almost no difference between having a med tower each 10 min or 3 min for higer MR. Beside not all mission recquire/allow us to camp.

Why 3 min ?

This time, I'm not objective but it's the time I need in order to clear a defense rotation ( 5 rounds), so you can wish another timing, I can't really defend 3 minutes

Carpet Bomb : 19 sec between each MR

Explaination & Maths

Spoiler

In addition to Omnipower suggestions, the carpet bomb can outshine hydroid spell so, I think we may need a small cooldown

With this reduction per MR, you reach a CD of 30 seconds at MR 30

600/30=20

30*20 sec = 600 sec

30*19 sec = 570 sec

600-570=30

Sentry Turret : 17 sec between each MR

Explaination & Maths

Spoiler

With this reduction per MR, you reach a CD of 1 min 30 (wich correspond to one excavation process, letting in solo the abilty to seach for a cell, while the turret handle the foes) at MR 30

600/30=20

30*20 sec = 600 sec

30*17 sec = 510 sec

EDIT : With Azrael post, perhaps the turret should self destruct after 1min 30 in a 15m aoe, dealing light/moderate explosive damage.

Edited by Soketsu
grammar & gameplay correction

27 minutes ago, Soketsu said:

I think the MR if we play on that should reduce the CD 10 min is way too long for some abilities (carpet bomb) but should become OP with some other (Ordis hack).

Liset Ordis Hack : 16 sec between each MR

Explaination & Maths

Reveal hidden contents

generally when you triggered an alarm, you got 1 minute in order to  fulfill your objective, even at MR  30 the CD will reach 2 min 

10min = 60 *10 sec = 600 sec

For a MR 10

reduction CD : 16 sec * 10 = 160 sec

For a MR 30

16 sec * 3 * 10 = 480 sec

600 - 480 = 120

120 sec = 2 min

Med Tower: 10 min => 3 min

Explaination & Maths

Reveal hidden contents

For lower MR with no trinity (or other heal sources), having a heal ship is great for team diversity at this cases.

For Higher MR they have have the loadout in order to heal themself, so the problem it's not about to get heal at all, but rather not die from a lvl 150 sniper grakata, so there is almost no difference between having a med tower each 10 min or 3 min for higer MR. Beside not all mission recquire/allow us to camp.

Why 3 min ?

This time, I' not objective but it's the time I need in order to clear a defense rotation ( 5 rounds), so you can wish another timing, I can't really defend 3 minutes

Carpet Bomb : 19 sec between each MR

Explaination & Maths

Reveal hidden contents

In addition to Omnipower suggestions, the carpet bomb can outshine hydroid spell so, I think we may need a small cooldown

With this reduction per MR, you reach a CD of 30 seconds at MR 30

600/30=20

30*20 sec = 600 sec

30*19 sec = 570 sec

Sentry Turret : 17 sec between each MR

Explaination & Maths

Reveal hidden contents

With this reduction per MR, you reach a CD of 1 min 30 (wich correspond to one excavation process, letting in solo the abilty to seach for a cell, while the turret handle the foes) at MR 30

600/30=20

30*20 sec = 600 sec

30*17 sec = 510 sec

sounds good..

though you should probably show the math for the current max rank of 23 (MAYBE 24) as we wont be getting to 30 for at least a couple more years heheh

3 minutes ago, xcynderx said:

sounds good..

though you should probably show the math for the current max rank of 23 (MAYBE 24) as we wont be getting to 30 for at least a couple more years heheh

I know but I prefer to plan for the time we can reach it, like that, DE gain some precious time, if they ever use this. Otherwise everyone should hve a reduced CD if we don't play with MR.

Edited by Soketsu