The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR 20 test needs to be changed.

Rettalick

So, is the MR 20 test just supposed to be insanely unbeatable? I use itzal with MAXED speed mods, and the game does not give you enough time to even get to the second ring, unless you use the ONE teleport your able to do , in which cause you then do not have enough time to get to the 3rd let alone 4th ring. I have failed this test 3 days in a row now because 10 seconds is not enough time to complete it.

mas·ter·y
ˈmast(ə)rē/
noun

1. 1.
    comprehensive knowledge or skill in a subject or accomplishment.
    "she played with some mastery"
    synonyms: proficiency, ability, capability; More
test1
test/
noun

1. 1.
    a procedure intended to establish the quality, performance, or reliability of something, especially before it is taken into widespread use.
    "no sparking was visible during the tests"
    synonyms: trial, experiment, test case, case study, pilot study, trial run, tryout, dry run; More

It's not supposed to be easy, it's supposed to test what you're capable of. Just keep trying.

1. This should be in feedback and not general discussion, although there is not really any feedback
  2. The test is kinda easy, you don´t need the fastest AW nor Itzals blink.
  3. You can pracitce all day long in any relais
  4. If you aren´t fast enough use Itzals blink 
  5. You just need to reach "extract", no need to get all rings
  6.  Even with Elytron and sprintmods you can pass this test with gettin all rings, ofc this is just for personal fun

Any time I spot a thread about Mastery Tests I always make a point of retrying the test just to mak esure it hasn't changed since I did it.  I went in with Amesha with maxed Hyperion Thrusters and just held down forward and full thrust while steering with the mouse to catch a few rings.  Made it to the end with 8 seconds to spare.

You must be missing rings then. Going through them adds time, and theres a section where it's faster to skip a ring you would go out of your way for. Sorry to be this guy, but if you are running out of time that fiercely, you are doing something wrong.

3 minutes ago, Jongray said:

See, heres the thing, my itzal is built with max speed, power range, and efficiency and even USING blink, it cannot reach the rings in time and not instant fail after the first ring.

I don´t think DE has changed this test and it was possible to pass the test with using 3 blinks, if you do it this way there is no need to get any ring.

1 minute ago, Azlen said:

You must be missing rings then. Going through them adds time, and theres a section where it's faster to skip a ring you would go out of your way for. Sorry to be this guy, but if you are running out of time that fiercely, you are doing something wrong.

I am not missing rings, as i cant even get to the SECOND ring before it fails me, by the time my max speed itzal can even reach the very first ring my time is down to 4 seconds, i gain the 2, and it takes at least 8 to get to the next ring, which is impossible with only 6 seconds ._.

1 minute ago, Azlen said:

I completed the test with no speed mods on regular odanata. Are you perhaps not using afterburners or something?

Yes, i am, either something is wrong with this test, or my time is going down much faster then it should be

I just tried it again with Itzal to see if Blink was doing anything weird.  First try I used Blink straight away, couldn't get to a ring quick enough and failed.  Second time I didn't use blink at all and finished with 4 seconds to spare after bumping the edges of a couple of rings.  Third attempt I flew through the first couple of rings then used Blink to skip the ones in the middle that move and reach the last two stationary rings, finished with 6 seconds to spare.  It seems that using Blink early will mess with your momentum and make it fail.

Just now, Katinka said:

I just tried it again with Itzal to see if Blink was doing anything weird.  First try I used Blink straight away, couldn't get to a ring quick enough and failed.  Second time I didn't use blink at all and finished with 4 seconds to spare after bumping the edges of a couple of rings.  Third attempt I flew through the first couple of rings then used Blink to skip the ones in the middle that move and reach the last two stationary rings, finished with 6 seconds to spare.  It seems that using Blink early will mess with your momentum and make it fail.

Also, Blinking through rings does not count as passing through them.

1 minute ago, Katinka said:

how did you use blink? in my test skills were blocked

1 minute ago, Acersecomic said:

I am aware of that which is why i use it once to get closer to the first ring then no more, and secondly, that video does not help me, somehow that person is going almost 2x faster then my max speed itzal, so i don't get how in the hell this is possible

2 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

I did get that impression.  It would explain why it's okay to use it at a point where you might be skipping the rings anyway but you don't want to use it at the easy parts.

1 minute ago, Devinee said:

how did you use blink? in my test skills were blocked

I pressed 1 and it worked...  I don't know.  I only had enough energy for one use though.

Aha. John. Are you holding just shift? Or shift plus spacebar? Spacebar after pressing shift activates afterburners. You need to do that the whole way to make it.

I can almost guarantee this is the issue.

Edited by Azlen

2 minutes ago, Jongray said:

I am aware of that which is why i use it once to get closer to the first ring then no more, and secondly, that video does not help me, somehow that person is going almost 2x faster then my max speed itzal, so i don't get how in the hell this is possible

shift + space = boost 

Edited by Devinee

1 minute ago, Jongray said:

holding shift and space activates afterburners