Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus and steel fiber

yoloswagswag

Question

Just wanted to know how many people have steel fiber on their builds. 

Personally i don't use steel fiber as i want more range but my Nidus feels a bit too squishy, not saying that i die a lot its just that my passive procs too much (lose stacks often) cause i lose health really fast when I'm not linked, but when I'm linked armor doesn't really matter.

The other thing is some people say that nidus is still squishy with steel fiber cause he only has 1k hp. 

i know its play how you wanna play build how you wanna build, but i just wanna know how important armor is too make sure im not hurting my play style. 

8 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, yoloswagswag said:

i know its play how you wanna play build how you wanna build, but i just wanna know how important armor is too make sure im not hurting my play style. 

Only way you will know for sure is to sacrifice range or some other mod and slap it on to find out.  Go into the same types of missions where you felt you were getting a bit too hurt before and see if it still happens.

Personally I use steel fiber never because in the situations where the extra EHP or DR matter that much its likely it won't matter for long because they just one shot you anyway.  

Most frames get as much benefit from it as Tissue armor would provide, any frame that actually gets a decent boost from it rarely need it.  "Oh look, that bee sting is a slightly less painful bee sting now" versus "Thank goodness for steel fiber!  That mack truck hit like it was going 75 mph instead of 80 mph!"

Only in extreme situations will steel fiber make a real difference on the powerhouse frames like valkyr, inaros and nidus, and since all those frames also have various avoidance abilities they don't even need it.

Practice keeping your link up, that is about the most important and vital game play aspect you can do with Nidus.

I had used steel fiber for a little bit, but I prefer to just rock rage and keep a link on a target. I agree with the above poster that stated the necessity of using all of Nidus's abilities to stay alive. I have been able to successfully solo sortie mobile defense, survival, and defense missions as Nidus thanks to the ability synergies -- once you get Nidus going, he is pretty unstoppable, with or without steel fiber.

22 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Only way you will know for sure is to sacrifice range or some other mod and slap it on to find out.  Go into the same types of missions where you felt you were getting a bit too hurt before and see if it still happens.

Personally I use steel fiber never because in the situations where the extra EHP or DR matter that much its likely it won't matter for long because they just one shot you anyway.  

Most frames get as much benefit from it as Tissue armor would provide, any frame that actually gets a decent boost from it rarely need it.  "Oh look, that bee sting is a slightly less painful bee sting now" versus "Thank goodness for steel fiber!  That mack truck hit like it was going 75 mph instead of 80 mph!"

Only in extreme situations will steel fiber make a real difference on the powerhouse frames like valkyr, inaros and nidus, and since all those frames also have various avoidance abilities they don't even need it.

Practice keeping your link up, that is about the most important and vital game play aspect you can do with Nidus.

yea i tried it on mot again, and it does help a bit but hardly noticeable, i think my problem is i forget about link timer too often and die, well thanks everyone for the reply i feel a lot more confident about my build now