Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rotations

ZHeart

Question

9 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, ZHeart said:

I get the fact that its a,a,b,c what I have never understood is why is it like that why not a,b,c,d. Id love to know why its 2 a's.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Rotation

Not sure why its like this. I would much rather it be something like

A1,B1,C1: A2,B2,C2: A3,B3,C3..... you get the idea.

Making endless missions have a reason to go past 20. Currently... there is really not reason to.

Edited by Krhymez

If I were to hazard a guess, it has to do with that not yeilding rotation A enough times. It is every five minutes, but it has the lowest priority (c will override b, which overrides a) so if you have a-d-c-d you get d every 20 minutes, c every 15 if it isn't a 20 minute interval (60 min etc), b every 10 if it isn't a 15 or 20 interval (you'd only get b at 10 and 50 minutes I am hour), and then a every five if the others aren't spoken for (so in an hour you'd get rotation a at 5, 25, 35, and 55 minutes).

The way it is now you get 6 rotation A in an hour, 3 b and 3 c in an hour. Much more regular than 4 rotations would be. 

18 minutes ago, Krhymez said:

-snip-

Making endless missions have a reason to go past 20. Currently... there is really not reason to.

And there will never be, other than your personal cravings. Remember DEAC concept, mah friend.

@OP I don't know either. 20 is a mystical warframe number, so they give us a common, common uncommon and rare pattern.

33 minutes ago, Krhymez said:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Rotation

Not sure why its like this. I would much rather it be something like

A1,B1,C1: A2,B2,C2: A3,B3,C3..... you get the idea.

one issue with that method would be that it'd take up more space. you'd either have to have some kind of weight modifier for each drop table thats affected by the number of rounds you've done or you'd need a separate drop table for every single round, which would mean either limiting the number of rounds that can be played in a run or having potentially hundreds of tables that would create a metric ton of potential bugs and issues. obviously of the 2 the modifier is both easier and more reliable, but it still has its own issues, not to mention that the more complex a system is, the more likely something will go wrong

you can make a bullet list of many possibilities.

that the first two Reward stages in most Endless Missions are basically a gimme, and therefore you don't get anything particularly special for it.
or that having a fourth Pool would spread out the current Rewards further, meaning probably more random 'trash' Rewards Players aren't looking for.
or that it allows Common things to be... well, Common, and acquired fairly often, to make sure the supply to Players of Rewards in that Pool are the highest.

the list can go on of many possibilities.

6 hours ago, Imaru said:

If I were to hazard a guess, it has to do with that not yeilding rotation A enough times. It is every five minutes, but it has the lowest priority (c will override b, which overrides a) so if you have a-d-c-d you get d every 20 minutes, c every 15 if it isn't a 20 minute interval (60 min etc), b every 10 if it isn't a 15 or 20 interval (you'd only get b at 10 and 50 minutes I am hour), and then a every five if the others aren't spoken for (so in an hour you'd get rotation a at 5, 25, 35, and 55 minutes).

The way it is now you get 6 rotation A in an hour, 3 b and 3 c in an hour. Much more regular than 4 rotations would be. 

It doesn't currently work by priority so I fail to see why it would work that way if they went to an a, b, c, d rotation?

47 minutes ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

It doesn't currently work by priority so I fail to see why it would work that way if they went to an a, b, c, d rotation?

Wait it doesn't? Really? So a 60 minute reward will be rotation B? (Not being sarcastic or anything, sincerely confused)

1 hour ago, Imaru said:

Wait it doesn't? Really? So a 60 minute reward will be rotation B? (Not being sarcastic or anything, sincerely confused)

The rotation is a, a, b, c, and then it simply repeats.  So, the next 20 minutes are also a, a, b, c, and so on.  If it worked on a priority basis, then 30 minutes would be the second rotation B, but it's a rotation A instead.  Minute 35 is Rot B.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

The rotation is a, a, b, c, and then it simply repeats.  So, the next 20 minutes are also a, a, b, c, and so on.  If it worked on a priority basis, then 30 minutes would be the second rotation B, but it's a rotation A instead.  Minute 35 is Rot B.

Well I'll be. I don't pay that much attention to the rewards and rotations. If that is the case a, b, c, d would make more sense.