The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring prime parts back to the derelict!

Whitedragon1204

So I have been in the derelict defense thinking about the days before the spectators of the rail and how we use to farm prime parts in the derelict.

But now the only 2 things worth getting there are mutagen samples for that 14k mutagen sample gun and Alad V coronets. If you don't need those there is no reason to go there besides the vaults because you are board and need some plat. 

I miss the day's prime parts dropped there and now I feel they are going to have to come back.

idk if DE thought about this but now that they are making tons of warframes and turning them into primes there is going to be a backlash in the future.

If up to 3 primes come out of the vault per year, while let's say 3 prime are made each year then there will soon be a backlash of so many primes that will stay in the vault. most will be in the vault in a few years. So instead of waiting a year for ember and frost it could be longer unless there coming out per month I guess.

My suggestion is to bring primes back to the derelict as random very lucky, but I do have some other idea as well

Maybe in the derelict, there is a 2% chance to get a rare vaulted relic?

Another idea is to use the token idea from the sorty suggestion for this.

I just feel like there needs to be more going on in the derelict, what do you guys think about those ideas? Have any ideas on how to make the derelict be used more often?

I'm not sure they need to bring prime parts back to the derelict but from a personal perspective I wouldn't mind seeing corrupted mods like transient fortitude being stuck in rotations for defence/survival and maybe even as random loot drops.  You can't always get a team together to do vault runs so this would give another option to get them. 

I'm sure they said something in dev stream about expanding void fissure locations to include derelict etc but could be wrong...

personally i think they should get rid of the need for derelict keys to access said missions....i grow tired of not being able to batch make a bunch of keys and being stuck to one at a time...and not being able to make more while im IN mission from my phone :|

MAYBE if they added in a rare chance to get a rare relic id be fine...

Just now, xcynderx said:

personally i think they should get rid of the need for derelict keys to access said missions....

Maybe after an initial unlock... got to say I do hate the fact you can't just do public matches in derelict like everywhere else.

30 minutes ago, Whitedragon1204 said:

Have any ideas on how to make the derelict be used more often?

I can say without a doubt in my mind they will never ever put primes, vaulted or otherwise, in derelicts.  Even when primes were in drop tables the derelicts still had the worst of the worst in loot tables.

The grind just to get nova prime systems?  Or was it the helmet?  Whichever.  

They do need to really sit down and take a hard look at drop tables in general, not just derelicts, because getting common mods and 15 endo is just heartbreaking.

Getting absolutely no incentive to stay in endless missions past first rotation C is just beyond demeaning.  I know endless missions aren't difficult for the meta, but some of us actually like the challenge and don't sleepwalk through 100 waves or whatever.  It'd be nice to actually go "wow! made it to wave 50! OMFG THIS REWARD IS ABSOLUTELY EPIC HOLY CRAP WOWOWOWOWW" instead of "wave 50, oh look vitality, how many does that make now? 1153 duplicates, /headdesk"

So yeah, drop tables need some love.  Derelicts need more than most, endless (non-fissure) missions need better rewards in drop tables, not just lame "bonus" rewards and they need to open derelicts up to public matchmaking.

That's all, need sleep, bye.

I will leave these here:

On 06/02/2017 at 6:43 AM, Ditto132 said:

Hmm. That a very good way of diluting the drop tables, instead of vaulting them. They could also place some primes into spy vault too and replace those crappy rewards, after vaulting the primes.