Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat genetic code HELP!!!

(PSN)AliZarar13

Question

8 answers to this question

I'd say your best bet would be simaris scaner with the matrix widget - it gives you a chance of getting 2 codes for each scan. For me it was the fastest way of farming Kavat codes. But you will need a Loki/Ivara or Oberon for that. (otherwise they are terribly hard to scan).

Also afaik there's only 15% chance that a spawned Kavat will carry the genetic code. So you may have a situation in which only 1 of them on the whole map has a code and that one gets killed by other enemies before you can even get to it. It's really annoying :angry:

5 minutes ago, Wolfiusz said:

I'd say your best bet would be simaris scaner with the matrix widget - it gives you a chance of getting 2 codes for each scan. For me it was the fastest way of farming Kavat codes. But you will need a Loki/Ivara or Oberon for that. (otherwise they are terribly hard to scan).

Also afaik there's only 15% chance that a spawned Kavat will carry the genetic code. So you may have a situation in which only 1 of them on the whole map has a code and that one gets killed by other enemies before you can even get to it. It's really annoying :angry:

I get what ur saying, but it cant just be a coincidence..Getting 13 in 20 then 0 in the next 20.. Thank you to all who answered my question.

I've had times where I get a load and times when I don't get any.  I wouldn't be surprised if there is a bit of code in the game that restricts how many you can get in a given period of time. 

The best success I had was with rhino and using stomp to stun lock the map where they are. 

There are several easy methods to farm them. Its even easier than before with grineer Scorch nerf.

-Negative power duration frost with Ice Wave impedance. Damages kavats just a little bit so they uncloak but they slow down for easy scan

-Sleep arrow Ivara - pretty standard.

-Calm & Frenzy sleep Equinox - covers large area for easy scans.

-Oberon - kavats turns to your side, marking them on your map.

-Low power duration Rhino. Just stomp and scan midair.

-Vauban with range bastille - same as above

-Duration range Excalibur - blind them and scan. Easy.

-Titania - cast 1st and scan as they float

-Low power duration Nezha - impale them and scan.

-Slow nova - can slow them a lot, but not recommended as they can explode on sneeze.

Good luck.