Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Draw not really 48%

Tekaia

Question

As we all know a maxed out Quick Draw should increase the reload speed for 48%.

I'm not a great math genius but how is it possible that the reload from my Akmagnus only goes from 3.0 -> 2.0

shouldn't it 1.6 or atleast 1.7 seconds?

As I said I'm not that great at math but is anyone out there who is able to tell me what is going on there?

4u4d-4r-74f9.jpg

12 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)D34thst41ker said:

A car doubling it's speed doesn't arrive at it's destination instantly. Instead, it gets there in half the time. The same thing applies here. 

That logic only adds more credence to the OP's point. 48% of 3 seconds is 1.44sec off of the normal reload time, 1.56sec total remaining. Less than half, but there is no reason 48% should be 2 seconds instead of 1.6. If the percentage shown on the mod was correct given the results, it would be 33%.This mod has been known to have the wrong numbers for a very long time as well, it's been brought up before, but never has it gotten an answer.

1 minute ago, KYLoooo said:

1 Reload Speed + 0.48 Reload Speed = 1.48 Reload Speed

3s/1.48 ~ 2s

OK that is atleast something I can see where it comes from but i have to say the mod description works against obvious logic.

2 minutes ago, Tekaia said:

OK that is atleast something I can see where it comes from but i have to say the mod description works against obvious logic.

Maybe it doesn't translate to German properly but the mod was originally likely created in English and it says reload speedNOT reload time.  Speed and time are different things, hopefully in any language.   It's OK, it trips up everyone for some reason.  But the description of the mod and what it does are totally consistent with each other and correct.

1 hour ago, Don_T_Shoot said:

Maybe it doesn't translate to German properly but the mod was originally likely created in English and it says reload speedNOT reload time.  Speed and time are different things, hopefully in any language.   It's OK, it trips up everyone for some reason.  But the description of the mod and what it does are totally consistent with each other and correct.

This is what I was getting at with my post.

Think of it this way: a car has to go 100 miles, so it goes 100 miles per hour. It therefore takes it one hour to get to it's destination. Now, instead of going 100 miles per hour, it goes 148 miles per hour. Divide the 100 mile trip by 148 miles per hour, and it takes 0.675 hours, or 40.5 minutes.

This is what's happening with Quick Draw. I've seen the same thing across multiple games, and in every instance, it always trips people up.