The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can player accounts be terminated my inactivity?

Zen.Alter

Question

I wonder if player accounts in this game can be eliminated due to inactivity and is there any case you know?... thanks in advance

Edit: Thank you for all your responses!!!, all of them very helpful

Edited by Zen.Alter
Replying in kind

8 answers to this question

As a casual hardcore player I can say I have the tools to bypass this problem just log in every months 1 if you want to keep your account safe. As many of you posted before me that would be a mistake by part of DE to delete inactive accounts just for example there are 5 years inactive players in wow but their account still restored and only th last resort when they delete an account. They have the right to delete an account if that broke rules but there are exceptions. They don't delete multi accounts for example if each account have paid a certain amount because that user is "happy" with the terms of use.

They don't delete founders and peoples whom paid a tons of money into the game because that can deteroid their reputation they only delete special peoples or for special reason when a player caught on exploit, cheating, robbing.

Basically there is not so much rulebreaking things because the only not tolerable the platinum hacking which is obviously against the DE business policy so they perma ban for that which is nice because they work on a game and want to get something back for it.

Only they could delete inactive players if those are not log in within 5 year or more. Those are seriously bored out of the game and those are not wish to come back. For example not know what happend with lady Lewitt and with Llyssa. Those players were active back in 2013-14-15 even 2016 but they are dissapeared. Same happend with some of my friends but I guess they asked their account termination because I cannot find them in game and on the forum name list. But funny because there are a player called toiletworm and his account created in 2012 but left after the closed beta and his last activity was around 2013.
4 year and still you can add him as friend and can see his profile.

Sry for the naming part but that is interesting because a lot of players not was active years ago and still their account is visible.

They can, DE states in the TOS, I believe that they can delete an account with more than a year of inactivity.

From https://warframe.com/en/terms :

Your Account may be deactivated if you do not use your Account within twelve months after the date that it was created or for any continuous period of twelve months after creation. If you do not use your Account for twelve or more months, it may be removed and deleted by the Website administrator at their sole discretion. We will endeavor to use reasonable efforts to notify you by e-mail before we delete your Account, unless we are deleting your User ID for a violation of these terms or discontinuation of the Service. However, we will not be liable in any manner for any failure to give notice. If you advise us within five days of the notice that you want to keep your Account active, we will not delete it. If you do not so notify us, your Account may be permanently deleted, along with your User ID, records, ranks and service information. Please note that regardless of any notice, Digital Extremes reserves the right to discontinue the Use/Service or to terminate or suspend your account at any time in its sole discretion for any reason, or for no reason.

17 minutes ago, beckettb said:

From https://warframe.com/en/terms :

Your Account may be deactivated if you do not use your Account within twelve months after the date that it was created or for any continuous period of twelve months after creation. If you do not use your Account for twelve or more months, it may be removed and deleted by the Website administrator at their sole discretion. We will endeavor to use reasonable efforts to notify you by e-mail before we delete your Account, unless we are deleting your User ID for a violation of these terms or discontinuation of the Service. However, we will not be liable in any manner for any failure to give notice. If you advise us within five days of the notice that you want to keep your Account active, we will not delete it. If you do not so notify us, your Account may be permanently deleted, along with your User ID, records, ranks and service information. Please note that regardless of any notice, Digital Extremes reserves the right to discontinue the Use/Service or to terminate or suspend your account at any time in its sole discretion for any reason, or for no reason.

Take note of the highlighted parts. If the account shows use after being created it most likely will not be included in this part of the terms of service. 

Edited by Leahzar
Spelling ftw

DE normally never delete account, even if they broke tons of rules since lots of people do spend money on the game. They do locked those account up for a really long time. And if you afraid of account inactivity just spend 2-3 minutes logging in to the game, get the login reward then quit, how hard would that be.

Clearly, as demonstrated by other posters, DE can close inactive accounts, but it wouldn't be a good idea for them. There are a lot of people who take long breaks from this game and then later return. For instance, I took a multi-year break between updates 8 and 18, but now I am a very active player. I probably wouldn't have come back if I had tried to log in and found that my account had been deleted, and DE probably understands that. I expect they will generally avoid deleting accounts as long as the have the capacity to store the data for inactive accounts.

Friend didn't play from the introduction of Archwing to around the Christmas 2016 unvaulting and didn't get his stuff deleted, so you should be fine. Warframe is a game people spend buttloads of money on so it would create some bad press for DE if they were to delete inactive accounts that had bought plat.