Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Prime red crit?

ShadowSinTheFog

Question

Hello guys. so i have been using this build for around a month 

http://prikachi.com/images.php?images/392/9040392W.jpg

And today i got an argon scope from Torment and i decided to remove Bladed rounds and put the argon scope on its place.

http://prikachi.com/images.php?images/393/9040393s.jpg

so with the first build i have 75% crit chance and 6.6x crit damage. I put the argon scope and went to a capture mission to try it out. i didnt hit a single red crit. I proc it (in the right corner it says argon scope .. so its active i think) I even deal less damage because i removed bladed rounds.. Why dont i red crit?

11 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, ShadowSinTheFog said:

I put the argon scope and went to a capture mission to try it out. i didnt hit a single red crit. I proc it (in the right corner it says argon scope .. so its active i think) I even deal less damage because i removed bladed rounds.. Why dont i red crit?

With argon scope you get the additional crit chance only if you aim. And you also have to hit the head. So I have to stand still or do aim gliding and pop heads. And upon hitting the head you have 15% chance to scrore red crits. Every 7th should be a red crit. Not that much.

When deciding between bladed rounds and argon scope on a standard Soma P build I would always go for bladed rounds. 

If you are lucky enough and get a riven that gives more crit chance and some elemental damage than argon scope would make a nice fit. 

PS: Dont sell it. Just keep it for later use.

no no dont sell it argon scope is great mod just not practical on soma.....  most consistant soma build is  serration.split chamber.point strike .vital sense. shred.heavy calibar. 2x element 90%..cz soma have very lo base dmg..  wen u amp base dmg with heavy calibar.. u crits will do much more dmg+ u can kill multiple enemies at once

I personally prefer a Bladed Rounds instead of a Heavy Caliber when Argon is on SomaP. It's a bit situational since you need to kill an enemy, hit the head once and keep aiming to get the full effect, but It looked to me that a lvl 100 CHeavy Gunner fell faster when all the requirements were met than it did with Heavy Caliber + Bladed Rounds.

Also, I would not recommend to sell Argon Scope if you only got one, it works really well with Rakta Cernos, Cernos Prime, Vectis, Dex Sybaris and so on.