Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Solo Warframe (for a relative noob)

mosaickle

Question

Now I've only been playing Warframe (properly) for maybe 2 weeks or so and I can say confidently that I am absolutely loving it, however my brother isn't really playing that much anymore so now I'm probably going to have to play solo (or public occasionally, that's really fun too) from now on. I've done some research already however it seems that some info is already outdated. So my question is, who is a good solo Warframe that is also fairly easy to use? I'd go for Inaros if he wasn't relatively 'difficult' for a 'starter' like me.

Currently I have 3 Warframes, Mag (who I started off with, which I kinda regret, apparently Volt is a much better starter now since Mag is underwhelming later on in the game and Excalibur is kinda generic), Saryn (who I bought and is currently playing primarily since she seems to be a fairly nice kind of an 'AoE mage caster' Warframe) and Loki (who apparently is a good solo Warframe and happen to be fairly cheap to buy [175 Plat]). In a few more planets I'd be able to get Rhino since I've got all the blueprints for everything'n all, apparently he's a good tank solo Warframe.

So is there any other Warframe who's a good solo Warframe who isn't that complicated mechanically? Like Inaros, I'd consider Inaros to have a fairly packed kit, if I were to get him I'd get him later on when I get much better.

Thanks a ton guys!

On 2/16/2017 at 8:50 AM, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

warframe is depressing for me if played solo. I suggest you to find a clan and play with other people, this will make your experience better for sure.

Have you ever considered maybe they like playing alone?

For example:

It's my clan, there's three others in it, including my girl, and sometimes it feels crowded for me lol.

Not everyone nor everything has to go the way you think it should.

Ash prime, which you can get with the starting 50p (if it wasn't blocked - aka he's cheap) is a great solo stealth murder-frame. Whole system, done, 100%, easy.

Let alone what if their internet is poor? 

With a proper build, and good game mechanics everything in this game is soloable.

So why try to force people to join up? Why sound so persuasive that it's the "best way"?

This event, 90% of the nav points have been from me in my clan. If I'd been solo, it'd be over lol. Nbd, everyone has a life, and we knew that going in lol.

Solo-frame = best frame quite a few times lol

I wish their was an "appear offline" option lol

Also, to the OP - I got Ash Prime on pc for about 40p. I say that because I got him, Trinity P, and a few mods in a bundle deal.

I figure he was about 40, Trinity was 30. The mods combined were another 30.

Actually, with a good gun, Trinity can solo too. But she has no offensive abilities really, so it's all on your weapons.

My vote, is get Ash Prime

Edited by SeolTreoir

Hey guys uhh, thanks for all the replies, but this post is a bit old to me now, I now have all the frames I've ever wanted, including 90% of the listed (Ash [P], Ivara and Nidus). Ash for me is insanely underwhelming but Nidus seems really fun to play.

Ivara on the other hand, is now my main frame :P

So yeah, if you see this, don't bother replying, I've had all the frames I've ever wanted for a while now...and am now falling off Warframe a bit because of that

9 hours ago, Atylia said:

Ivara on the other hand, is now my main frame :P

Yup, hands down the best solo frames and amazingly versatile for teams. The mix of cloak & rest arrows can carry teams quite far and she's almost unkillable...because you can't kill what you don't see.

I think the only other frame that comes close to Ivara is (Spider) Equinox. She's a bit like a more aggressive non-cloak Ivara with her rest ability and calm & frenzy is amazing. Whenever I want slow & methodical gameplay, I pick Ivara...if I'm after a more aggro play style, Spider Equinox. 

PS: There seems to be an odd bug with Equinox's 2nd helmet that just kinda disappears on PS4 sometimes...so basically, my Equinox is often missing a head. Given how ugly she is, it's almost an improvement without the head. 

11 hours ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

PS: There seems to be an odd bug with Equinox's 2nd helmet that just kinda disappears on PS4 sometimes...so basically, my Equinox is often missing a head. Given how ugly she is, it's almost an improvement without the head. 

I have Equinox too, but the amount of visual bugs she has stops me from playing her more than I do

Ash is an honorable mention for solo frames. The only thing that's is his downfall is he only focuses on killing things. No cc, no support, no buff. But he is fun to use. Just press four and three and enjoy the mayhem. Use the 1st ability in conjunction with seeking shuriken and viola, u have the best killer solo frame. Build him with Armour, health, a rage mod and all power strength mods u can get your hands on and you will be fine even for sortie. Don't care to build him for duration. It's a waste. 

Have fun

octavia is the most op frame out there. the buffs she gives are ridiculous and she is great to play with may it be any mode of the game apart from spy.

the warframe which has most utility is loki, invisibility for spy missions and disarm (or irradiating disarm) for any other mission type 

I started with mag 3 years ago (alpha) and going dormant until about a year ago start to play again and still only have 1 frame mag with 4 silly forma( it used to be skill mod in the past) mag still viable higher level with magnetize and shield polarize to eliminate armor or shield. Now easiest for solo for me octavia, otherwise rhino probavly the straight forward hard to kill frame. For spy Ivara still the Queen with augment.

14 hours ago, (PS4)zainubimran said:

the warframe which has most utility is loki, invisibility for spy missions and disarm (or irradiating disarm) for any other mission type 

That's just two abilities.  You do know that there are frames that have more than two right.  So saying Loki has the most utility is completely ignoring those other frames.  Especially when you consider Ivara has way more utility in just her first ability.  :D

Everything can be completed with only Loki and Rhino.... Just add a Nyx for interception and infested salvage and you have all that you need for a solo gameplay.

Capture, Spy, Assassination, Hijack : Loki

Survival, Defense, Exterminate, Junctions : Rhino

Personally I play Loki and Inaros and I dont play solo unless its a spy mission. 

2 minutes ago, Kusungphak said:

Everything can be completed with only Loki and Rhino.Ivara... Just add a Nyx Ivara for interception and infested salvage and you have all that you need for a solo gameplay.

Capture, Spy, Assassination, Hijack : Loki  Ivara

Survival, Defense, Exterminate, Junctions : Rhino   Ivara

Corrected that for you my fellow Tenno.  One Frame to rule them all.  :D

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Corrected that for you my fellow Tenno.  One Frame to rule them all.  :D

Ivara is perfect for solo :cool:. But since the OP has only played for 2 weeks and has only 3 frames getting Ivara may be wee bit of an issue....  Even I dont have Ivara yet :sadcry: as I plan to farm her the last. 

1 minute ago, Kusungphak said:

But since the OP has only played for 2 weeks and has only 3 frames getting Ivara may be wee bit of an issue....  Even I dont have Ivara yet :sadcry: as I plan to farm her the last. 

May RNG be merciful to you.  I wish you much luck in farming her.  It took me almost a year to get all her parts to build her.  Good thing I had bought her when I started or I would have been quite jaded.  

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

May RNG be merciful to you.  I wish you much luck in farming her.  It took me almost a year to get all her parts to build her.  Good thing I had bought her when I started or I would have been quite jaded.  

1ot9w1.jpg

From what you have,

the easiest to solo = loki. you jsut need to stay invi and kill everything

-> you jsut need a good weapon to solo with this )

the simplest and easiest to obtain = rhino

press 2 for mroe armor,

press 3 to add dmg,

press 4 to cc

and like what other people say, Frost.

press 3 for globe, stand and shoot

and 4 incase of emergency / you feel like nuking

the last simpleton hero is

valkyr

jsut press 2 for aspd and armor

press 4 for dmg and invulnerability

whack everything you see

So my question is, who is a good solo Warframe that is also fairly easy to use?

The main question what you're going to use it for.

Loki is one of the best options but there's still missions like defense and some other. It's warframe, there's no such thing as one frame that excels at everything and some missions are way easier to do in a group even in a group of randoms.

I'd say loki for majority of missions like exterminate, sabotage and spy, valkyr/wukong or nidus for missions where you have to tank the sht out of it like survivals. Frost for missions like defense. Nekros for farming is the best for solo play.

About any warframe can solo reasonably well, assuming enemy levels aren't in the insanity region.

Mods are what makes a warframe strong. That's where your progression is. Certain warframes may be better at some things or more appropriate for certain mission types, but they all can cope with most normal situations reasonably well.

Mag is actually quite fine as a starter 'frame these days. She's had her ups and downs, but she's in an up cycle now and is actually quite effective deep into the game. That's assuming you learn to actually play her and ignore the conventional wisdom, which is neither.

Most of my time is spent with three warframes with a couple more for specific situations. I play many of them, but certain ones I always come back to.

To wit:

Trinity (Prime). She's not entirely appropriate at defending fixed objectives, but she can drag even the weakest team to victory if they allow her to. Also, she's about as durable as a warframe can get, assuming a proper build (which EV Trins are not). I usually use her when I have nothing in particular in mind and just want to dominate whatever enemy type is on tap.

Nyx (Prime). It's all about the CC. Soft CC in her case, but it's wide reaching and very effective. Also, she has a get-out-of-jail-free card with Absorb. She's the go-to 'frame for defending fixed objectives and a good all-around choice for whatever might come up.

Valkyr (Prime). Sometimes you just want to paint the walls--and do it in the worst possible conditions.

Honorable mention:

Mesa. She's becoming more of a go-to 'frame for multiple mission types, but she's best at eliminating enemies at range before they knew what hit them. I like her for trace farming, but when her prime variant eventually shows up, she'll join the above ranks.

Ivara. If it's stealth, then Ivara is the go-to choice. Simple as that.

Nova (Prime). Sometimes you just want to see stuff explode. Also, she's another good defender type warframe, especially if you have team support you know you can rely on.