Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who was controlling Chroma?

SCP-000

Question

8 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, SCP-000 said:

Title. 

Playing through The New Strange didn't exactly answer this question. 

Have a quick read: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/The_New_Strange

See in anything stands out... it doesnt for me at least.

This is just one of the many reasons i HATE the whole "Tenno" story. For me its kinda stupid and makes me not really want to play. It was cooler when i thought i controlled the warframe... but this while "tenno" thing really pushed me way.

I think this quest was made before they even knew they would add the whole "child" story.

8 minutes ago, Krhymez said:

This is just one of the many reasons i HATE the whole "Tenno" story. For me its kinda stupid and makes me not really want to play. It was cooler when i thought i controlled the warframe... but this while "tenno" thing really pushed me way.

I think this quest was made before they even knew they would add the whole "child" story.

Ahh... Ok now I'm even more annoyed... 

Thanks for answering y'all.

3 minutes ago, Krhymez said:

I see it in a diffrent light - Operator is a platform that generates Tenno power, both those you use as Operator and as Warframe. But Operator isnt you in the same sense a Warframe isnt you. I look at Operator as another kind of Warframe. The Tenno is the mind that can control other bodies, like frame or "child". Why is the child body needed then? To generate void power since those were affected by the void. The mind can create a new one at will, but without one, its powerless.

Well, the real answer is we don't know; the writing for the quest is vague on many points. That said, as per the quest, Simaris doesn't recognize the signature of the Chroma and he recognizes Tenno controlling warframes as Tenno even though he likely doesn't know that we are really the Operators and not inside the Warframes per-say, as only Teshin, Lotus, Stalker/Hunhow, Acolytes, and the Queens know that info. Simaris can recognize Sentients and normal Infested most likely since he was created back then and is tasked with making records of all beings so if he doesn't know it, it must be something Simaris was not privy to information wise. It makes sense then that the Chroma we encountered for whatever reason, was active on its own action outside of Tenno, Sentient, or other enemy faction input. We could theorize that for whatever reason, the Chroma was trying to prevent the Arcane machines being activated, but we still don't fully understand what purpose they held, only that they relayed a cryptic hint about Lua and were Lotus had hidden the Tenno. It could be possible that much like Mirage's void echos, or the supposedly uncontrolled warframes brought with Silvana in Silver Grove like Titania - it could be that warframes can be given purpose of a sorts by those Void Echos - but of course, we have nothing substantial yet to solidify that thought.