Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A better way to get Conclave first timers feel more welcome

(PSN)Radek-98

I would propose a better way to get people get started/motivated to try out Conclave. Movement should remain the same so no, no stamina nor removing bullet jump. Heres my idea:

Players vs bots- Players may have proposed this but I'm gonna make it a little different than those PvE people. As the name suggests, it would players vs bots however heres the difference:

1. I would make 3 difficulty options: Easy, normal and advance.

-Easy would consist pretty much like I see some begginers react; charging into fray without movement other than walking and sometimes jumping while shooting; nothing too extravagant.

-Normal would consist of being a little smarter; they would aim at you while utilizing some cover areas, doing bulletjumps and retreating when neccessary.

-Advance would consist of something that would propose a challenge to normal/advance players; they would utilize all forms of parkour, retreat and shoot at you when spotted, whoever, the shooting will be while they aimglide/wallhatch because I don't want them to be like a proffesional conclaver but rather serve as an example of what a player could do.

2. The rewards can be a lesser version of the real PvP, I do not know the exact value of the affinity and credits that the real Conclave gives with each kill but it would be 30%/40%/50% respectively of the normal value depending of the difficulty while also giving 200/250/300 endo sometimes.

3. They could also give the end of mission mods.

4. While I'm saying that they could give a lesser reward of the original Conclave, it would NOT reward any syndicate standing; the rewards would be an incentive to play/practice it, not farm it.

Overall, I think this would help new players to feel more welcome and come more prepared when trying out the real deal.

I'm open to suggestions and feel free to leave your opinions. 

I know that the current AI of the game its not pretty smart but I think if DE would dedicate to it, it could improve in order to match these difficulty levels.

Edited by (PS4)TheKiller9805

23 minutes ago, (PS4)TheKiller9805 said:

I'm open to suggestions and feel free to leave your opinions.

-Bots use randomized loadout.

-Bots use Projectile non-hitscan guns on Easy and Normal, so players can train to dodge.

-Normal and Advanced feature melee bots ocassionally, complete with Stance combos, the purpose is to show how dangerous a dedicated melee player can be and how to counter.

Slightly off-topic:

Also adding a series of practice sessions akin to advanced MR tests where players must learn to dodge, shoot moving targets, shoot while using parkour, lead with non-hitscan guns, and melee tests where players must master combos. I have some ideas if you don't mind me sharing them on this thread, I would make a new one but since the title is more about helping new players seems apropiate :3

Just now, Nazrethim said:

Bots use randomized loadout.

-Bots use Projectile non-hitscan guns on Easy and Normal, so players can train to dodge.

-Normal and Advanced feature melee bots ocassionally, complete with Stance combos, the purpose is to show how dangerous a dedicated melee player can be and how to counter.

An excellent idea that I left out.

2 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

I have some ideas if you don't mind me sharing them on this thread, I would make a new one but since the title is more about helping new players seems apropiate :3

Feel free to do, I'm all ears to new good ideas as you stated in your comment.

1 hour ago, Pythadragon said:

If you want player vs bot mode as practice there's PvE. Rathuum and Index even use Conclave maps.

Well it was an idea to get players to try out Conclave. I already play Conclave but it would be great that new Conclave players could start out with something without getting steamrolled easily. Rathuum and Index concepts may be the same but I don't see enemies bullet jumping and wallhatching while shooting at you.

Not to mention that you can still cheese you way out of it since mods still performs the same.

Edited by (PS4)TheKiller9805

Don't do it. Bots are great for shoring up lacking team rosters, but PVE players will farm them for cosmetics...the end. Instead place PVP mods into the PVE drop rates and let players aquire them, max them, and then some might try them out feeling embolden with a good PVP loadout, rather than being hobbled, unsure, and slow. Don't get me wrong bots are great, but when a developer has to entice players into PVP with cosmetics, those bots become farm fodder. Take Strike Vector EX. Fantastic flight model for PVP arena combat. They added bots due to it not catching on. The majority of Strike Vector players simply joined the same side and killed bots all day long to open up parts and artwork. If anyone dared switch sides... they died. If it began to even out. The other side would quit out to find other farmers over an actual match. Too be honest too bad Ragequit didn't go with the PVE model. Their PVP bots were really good at fighting, for bots.  

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

8 hours ago, (PS4)TheKiller9805 said:

Feel free to do, I'm all ears to new good ideas as you stated in your comment.

Well, the idea is pretty simple. In the Conclave console you would have a button to go to another section, similar to the missions description of the codex, where you are offered training. All these test take place in MRTest-like chambers.

Dodge Training:

Player needs to go from point A to B using Parkour (or just running) while dodging projectiles shot from orbs (shots would be projectile and rather slow, think like Wyrm's Laser rifle, but with less fire rate). Player has a fixed health. If health reaches 0, they are respawned instantly at the begining.

Overall it would be like Dojo parkour room (sans moving pillars) with orbs shooting at you that you need to dodge.

Shoot Moving targets:

In this course you need to beat a strict timer. You can do it either by running or with parkour. The point is that you need to kill fast moving, randomly flying orbs the size of a warframe's torso. You need to kill them all before the door to the finish line is opened. The tileset is our beloved FFA Cephalon Spire, orbs are spread around the map.

The purpose of this test is to train the player in maneuvering the battlefield tracking a prey, dispatching it, then going for the next kill.

Melee Training.

For this training players use a Skana with the Rising Steel stance. Moving Orbs will move from groundpoint to groundpoint. They will come in different colors. White orbs can only be destroyed by Basic combo, Red orbs can only be destroyed by Pause combo and Blue Orbs can only be destroyed by RMB combos. An Orb may suddently change color on the fly.

Advanced Training:

A combination of all 3 previous combined. Players must destroy orbs. White Orbs are vulnerable to anything, Red Orbs to guns only and Blue orbs are melee only. They shoot like in the Dodge training. Players must destroy 15 of these Orbs under a 10min timer.

That's what I got, for now.

If we had bots that could adequately prepare players for what it's like to fight a human-controlled Tenno, that'd be awesome – and worth incorporating into PvE to boot – but creating an AI that can do all the crazy parkour would be super-difficult.

Variants, particularly the Opticor and Paris variants, seem to do a lot for teaching players how to move, but there's a lot of crucial info new players aren't given that should probably be front-loaded, such as:

• That Conclave == PvP (seriously, it doesn't actually say this explicitly anywhere on the Liset console)
  • That your Conclave loadout has to be set up separately from your PvE loadout (ever seen a low-MR player in a match with only their melee weapon? Yeah, that isn't intentional.)
  • How Recruit Conditioning works.
  • Staggers are replaced with the 'impair' effect, which stops you jumping for a couple seconds.
  • Quick-melee slams do no AoE knockdown, except for fist weapons.
  • You should probably channel if you want to kill someone with a melee weapon.
  • Channelled ults require 100 energy to cast, even if the cost to activate the ability is below 100.
  • Shotguns have a lot more drop-off than they do in PvE ("Why is my Tigris not gibbing people from 20 meters away?")
  • If you use a heavy frame you gon' be sloooooow.
  • Sniper rifles are pretty much useless without the Lie in Wait mod.

Codex entry, training mode, UI hints and tips box on the Liset console, whatever gets the important details across best is what we need.

7 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Don't do it. Bots are great for shoring up lacking team rosters, but PVE players will farm them for cosmetics...the end.

15 hours ago, (PS4)TheKiller9805 said:

it would NOT reward any syndicate standing; the rewards would be an incentive to play/practice it, not farm it.