Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulcrum Level Cap

Seinerweisen

I do not think that the Simulcrum should have a level cap. There is essentially no level cap in Warframe. In endless mission, the enemies can reach levels well into the thousands.  I have been in some regular missions where enemies have glitch spawned in the level 9999 range. Why can we not simulate this in the Simulcrum? We cannot test out weapons at endgame or near endgame level without spending hours in a mission. The Simulcrum is for testing weapons against enemies. I do not want to spend 2 hours in a survival just to test out my Lesion against very high level enemies. Not everyone has the Simulcrum or even uses it. However I personally would like to see the Simulcrum Level Cap disappear. There is literally no need for it anyways.. 

Edited by Seinerweisen

2 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

The Simulacrum level cap is one of the few QoL benefits that comes from improving your mastery, so I don't think it should be completely removed.

It would be nice though if it increased by 20 levels per rank or more instead of the current 5.

The enemies do not reach a high enough level still. THey need to hit atleasts level 1000

I think the cap is 9999, though I have seen some spawns go up to 10100 (in videos).

Mainly think that's the cap because of the post where someone went like 300 rounds in T4 Interception with an Ivara.

But yeah I agree there shouldn't be a cap or at least that it be increased to about 1000.

Edited by Madway7

i'd say that we could use more mobs rather than more levels, lvl 100-110 enemies are though enough for all purposes but sometimes i'd rather have 40, given that the game runs pretty well with 100+ enemies i don't see why have such a low cap. Also archwing/archiwng enemies in the simulacrum need to be a thing.

46 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

The cap isn't higher than it currently is because DE doesn't necessarily want people to each level 1000 enemies. Weapons and mods simply aren't balanced for that and killing enemies of that level requires ''cheese'' methods.

That has nothing to do with the ability to summon them in the Simulacrum, which is the subject of this thread.

1 hour ago, Seinerweisen said:

We cannot test out weapons at endgame or near endgame level without spending hours in a mission.

That's because this "endgame" you're speaking of is not an actual thing that exists in the game. :clem:

Regardless of me poking fun at the perceived endgame of Warframe, I don't actually disagree with uncapping or increasing the level cap in the simulacrum. It'd be fun to test stuff against unreasonably high leveled enemies.

28 minutes ago, Inglu said:

That's because this "endgame" you're speaking of is not an actual thing that exists in the game. :clem:

Regardless of me poking fun at the perceived endgame of Warframe, I don't actually disagree with uncapping or increasing the level cap in the simulacrum. It'd be fun to test stuff against unreasonably high leveled enemies.

"Endgame" is what you make my friend.  You are correct. There is technically no Endgame. Warframe endgame is personal. For some Fashion Frame is enough. For others it is Sorties and Raids. For me personally Endgame is going back to the Vor boss fight with a supportive loadout. (CC Frame) and helping new players beat it. Then I drop a friend request and let the player know that I am available for advice, and mission help when necessary.  However, insanely high level enemies do exist and they do spawn and occasionally they glitch into missions. Some people seek these enemies on a regular basis going hours into survival or 70+++ waves of defense. I think that we should be able to optimize our builds for such enemies without having to go 2-3 hours deep into a mission for each test run. 

7 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

DE could add a 'Simulacrum Room' option for our dojos, where the maximum level of summoned enemies could increase with the new 'rank' feature for clans.

If you could take a whole squad into the dojo Simulacrum together as well, that would be amazing.

#MakeClansGreatAgain

Excellent Idea. You could train to set records and get your clan up on the Record Board. This is a great idea. 

12 minutes ago, Seinerweisen said:

"Endgame" is what you make my friend.  You are correct. There is technically no Endgame. Warframe endgame is personal. For some Fashion Frame is enough. For others it is Sorties and Raids. For me personally Endgame is going back to the Vor boss fight with a supportive loadout. (CC Frame) and helping new players beat it. Then I drop a friend request and let the player know that I am available for advice, and mission help when necessary.  However, insanely high level enemies do exist and they do spawn and occasionally they glitch into missions. Some people seek these enemies on a regular basis going hours into survival or 70+++ waves of defense. I think that we should be able to optimize our builds for such enemies without having to go 2-3 hours deep into a mission for each test run. 

Oh I know there are people who like doing long endless runs and I'm not poking fun at them. I just always thought it's funny how often it's considered the endgame, given you really need to go out of your way to reach that high level of content and the lack of real incentive to actually do it (aside from the old void endless, kind of). On the other hand, it's the one way to get some challenging content out of the game, but that's a discussion for another topic...

And like I said, I agree increased enemy levels in the Simulacrum would be a good thing. The ability to test things up to and beyond what you'd ever deal with is definitely useful and I don't see why we couldn't simulate that. I know I've been bummed out in the past due to not being able to spawn enemies as high level as I wanted.