Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Build?

(PSN)CoolD2108

Question

Hey guys, i'm currently farming for nidus and need some input on how to mod him.

Thought about something like:

Vitality - Steel Fiber - Rage - Blind rage (to an extend that lets me at least cast twice) - Transient Fortitude - Stretch - Overextendet - Prime Con - Range Exilus

Managing his little energy he needs over his 1. ability , thus range and the damage i recieve.

I'm just not too sure how much strength he really needs yet...or how well this would work at all.

Advice would be appreciated!

19 answers to this question

That's actually a pretty good build. As Nidus, it's good practice to find a Parasitic Link buddy to boost both your Power Strengths to absurd levels, since the bonus multiplies your original total Power Strength. High range nabs you good clumps of enemies to stomp for energy and Mutation. Above average duration ensures a long lasting Ravenous healing pad and respawn area for Maggots.

What do you plan on putting in the Aura slot?

Heya!

Nidus has no shield and high armor, so Steel Fiber is a no brainer.

Armored agility is also a great idea for him. I've also found that power strength is a big deal for him. (hint - Nidus doesn't need weapons. At all. No really. Leave your weapons on your ship. Nidus can go  on a long survival mission on pure powers.) Power STR is huge. big dmg boost on his 1. I use Rage on my Nidus because he has no shields. Helps you spam his 1 and 2.

Other than that, whatever you think. vitality, obv. Avoid any shield mods.

GL!

Edited by Meneliki

I have Bling Rage, Vitality, Steel Fiber, Fleeting Expertise, Rage, Natural Talent, Streamline, and Primed Continuity. For Aura I use Steel Charge because he works great with melee and it fits his default polarity and for Exilus I use Power Drift because more power strength and knockdown resist is good. 

51 minutes ago, Meneliki said:

(hint - Nidus doesn't need weapons. At all. No really. Leave your weapons on your ship. Nidus can go  on a long survival mission on pure powers.) 

That's what i heard! Still gonna bringt my simulor, augumented furis and naramon fit melee weapon tho, for extra energy, health and invisibility :)

Consideret armored agility actually! The invisibility probably makes the lil extra armor pointless once i'd need it. Maybe it's pointless alltogether and i'll just bring prime flow as the invis and link ensures me controlled energy eather way? Not sure yet.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Just to remind everyone that armor is kinda irrelevant on nidus especially on long runs cause you can go up to 180% power strength and get 90% damage reduction from your parasitic link(3rd power)plus mods like power drift on exilus who offer resistance to knockdowns are irrelevant too because again parasitic link offers immunity to knockdowns as long as its attached to the enemy and it has to be attached in order to survive high level content.

So now that we got that out of the way my build stats are:

200% power strength

160% power range

175% power efficiency

78% power duration

Mods:_Vitality_Rage_Primed Continuity_Transient Fortitude_Intensify_Stretch_R4 Fleeting Expertise_R4 Streamline_Cunning Drift(Exilus slot)

*Nidus gets innate 15% power strength at max rank

So with this build you can basically cast non-stop because of your efficiency (10 energy cost on virulence) and stack like no tomorrow really really fast and get to the level where you oneshot lvl100 enemies quick.Paracitic link has over 40 seconds on it more than enough time to stack and recast it again of course and you have a sufficient 30 seconds on your Ravenous to spawn maggots and stack faster also 40 hp regen per sec on it.

This build ensures that you will always ALWAYS be able to spam never run out of energy and even if you do manage that somehow just get one hit from someone and Rage is there for you.No weapons needed on nidus,hes a caster,his kit works perfectly together and this build utilizes all parts of his kit and abilities.Now you might think,Dude no Steel Fiber on nidus!He needs it!.....I seriously dont think that guys,ive tried a lot of builds and builds with steel fiber dont feel any more different especially on high level enemies on long runs, even sortie level enemies...Parasitic link is the ability keeping you alive as nidus plus, at low level content ,the bonus armor from first 5 stacks is more than enough to keep you alive if your that worried ^^

*Note:If you use arcanes basically arcane guardian and arcane grace make him invulnerable.

So that was my build which believe me i found a LOT of success with i was thinking of sharing it with you guys because i have been playing nidus a LOT since his release of course and i know his strenghts and weaknesses.(Speaking of care of nullifiers at high level missions cause they can break your parasitic link making you lose your stacks easily)

Thanks for reading and also feel free to ask me anything,have fun!

Edited by Zeruge

I run Growing Power with Nidus so I use weapons to activate it.  Inspite of how strong Nidus can be, there are some enemies that needs to be dealt with using weapons (e.g. multiple Ancients stacking damage resistances).  Here is my build:

Nidus Build (High strength, high efficiency)

High efficiency to easily build-up stacks (and not get left behind by other warframes that can kill enemies just as fast), just enough range to spam Larva and enough duration to keep Parasitic Link.

It really depends on how you play Nidus (camper or rusher).  For me, he excels as a camper, spam Larva (get all the enemies), apply status (Sonicor, Torid, Zenistar, etc.) to activate Growing Power, then virulence with parasitic link.  Tanking everything with 90% damage reduction!

P.S. It is up to you if you need Steel Fiber or not, I just kept it there since I feel a lot more comfortable with it when running Nidus in Nightmare missions (and Mot Void Survival missions) where enemies deal 3x damage.

Edited by (PS4)Feox_PH
Steel Fiber

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Feox_PH said:

I run Growing Power with Nidus so I use weapons to activate it.  Inspite of how strong Nidus can be, there are some enemies that needs to be dealt with using weapons (e.g. multiple Ancients stacking damage resistances).  Here is my build:

Nidus Build (High strength, high efficiency)

High efficiency to easily build-up stacks (and not get left behind by other warframes that can kill enemies just as fast), just enough range to spam Larva and enough duration to keep Parasitic Link.

It really depends on how you play Nidus (camper or rusher).  For me, he excels as a camper, spam Larva (get all the enemies), apply status (Sonicor, Torid, Zenistar, etc.) to activate Growing Power, then virulence with parasitic link.  Tanking everything with 90% damage reduction!

Is this out on consoles yet? Building all my weapons on status won't be the issue and the aura looks fine

1 minute ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Is this out on consoles yet? Building all my weapons on status won't be the issue and the aura looks fine

Yes, Growing Power is on the PS4 already.  Inspite of how easy it should be to farm the mod (Loki Knave Spectre drop), after how many runs farming the ingredients for the Nightfall Apothic and visiting the Silver Grove site over and over again, I still ended up buying the mod from the trade channel.  RNG was not with me on this one.

4 hours ago, Zeruge said:

Just to remind everyone that armor is kinda irrelevant on nidus especially on long runs cause you can go up to 180% power strength and get 90% damage reduction from your parasitic link(3rd power)plus mods like power drift on exilus who offer resistance to knockdowns are irrelevant too because again parasitic link offers immunity to knockdowns as long as its attached to the enemy and it has to be attached in order to survive high level content.

So now that we got that out of the way my build stats are:

200% power strength

160% power range

175% power efficiency

78% power duration

Mods:_Vitality_Rage_Primed Continuity_Transient Fortitude_Intensify_Stretch_R4 Fleeting Expertise_R5 Streamline_Cunning Drift(Exilus slot)

*Nidus gets innate 15% power strength at max rank

So with this build you can basically cast non-stop because of your efficiency (10 energy cost on virulence) and stack like no tomorrow really really fast and get to the level where you oneshot lvl100 enemies quick.Paracitic link has over 40 seconds on it more than enough time to stack and recast it again of course and you have a sufficient 30 seconds on your Ravenous to spawn maggots and stack faster also 40 hp regen per sec on it.

This build ensures that you will always ALWAYS be able to spam never run out of energy and even if you do manage that somehow just get one hit from someone and Rage is there for you.No weapons needed on nidus,hes a caster,his kit works perfectly together and this build utilizes all parts of his kit and abilities.Now you might think,Dude no Steel Fiber on nidus!He needs it!.....I seriously dont think that guys,ive tried a lot of builds and builds with steel fiber dont feel any more different especially on high level enemies on long runs, even sortie level enemies...Parasitic link is the ability keeping you alive as nidus plus, at low level content ,the bonus armor from first 5 stacks is more than enough to keep you alive if your that worried ^^

*Note:If you use arcanes basically arcane guardian and arcane grace make him invulnerable.

So that was my build which believe me i found a LOT of success with i was thinking of sharing it with you guys because i have been playing nidus a LOT since his release of course and i know his strenghts and weaknesses.(Speaking of care of nullifiers at high level missions cause they can break your parasitic link making you lose your stacks easily)

Thanks for reading and also feel free to ask me anything,have fun!

Completely different then what i had in mind, quite nice tho!

Definitly goes well with the idea of managing the energy over rage, in a much more efficient fashion. Wasn't exactly sure about range so i planned around max range in the first place, gonna believe you tho if you say that this ammount is sufficient. I'll gonna keep my R3 fleeting for 170% efficiency and you're using a R4 if my math is correct, just so other people who read this don't get the wrong idea.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

20 hours ago, (PS4)Feox_PH said:

High efficiency to easily build-up stacks

Efficiency is wierd on Nidus.

Yes, it DOES lower the casting cost of his 1 and 2, but it also lowers the energy return on hitting enemies with his 1. So it's a bit of a trade off.

I use two builds for Nidus. One is 299% Power 145% Range and the other is 209% Power 235% Range.

I believe that if you use Blind Rage you should use Primed Flow. The increase in cost is easily countered by an increased energy pool. Increasing the cost gives you less room to play with when casting abilities, esp when you're forced to use Virulence on less than 4 enemies. Rage does not solve this unless you're getting hit. Flow works regardless. In the end, use whichever works for you.

DWGaZDW.jpg

...Oh and Rush is just my thing. I'm a spam roller. Though for Nidus admittedly it comes in as less useful than usual since he tends to camp.

Build in action....

Spoiler

This video is the Strength build though generally I would recommend the Range build unless you plan to go past lvl 200 enemies. I have another video of that in play doing lvl 280 T4. You won't really notice a difference in damage output under lvl 200 and the Range makes it a little easier to gain stacks, better CC and it's more forgiving with your Link. It just generally plays better IMO.

Nidus' biggest strength is his synergy with weapons. He's able to stack high damage through Virulence with rapid armor shredding through Torrid / Pox and and even a Viral proc from Zenistar all at the same time. There really aren't any other frames who can do that. If you don't have Zenistar don't worry about it. In the video I was using Corrosive which I've since switched to Viral because the Corrosive procs were somewhat redundant.

This is an Arcane Guardian Vs Grace comparison I made a while back if you're interested in going all the way with him.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1phM-e11hVH9o7VQM8fu0utAXxs06ETw5RXDe2qtFMdA/pub

Personally I use Energize + Grace.

5 hours ago, Meneliki said:

Efficiency is wierd on Nidus.

Yes, it DOES lower the casting cost of his 1 and 2, but it also lowers the energy return on hitting enemies with his 1. So it's a bit of a trade off.

So with max efficiency your 1 costs 10 energy and you get back 2.5 per enemy hit thats no different than costing 40 energy and giving back 10 per enemy hit.The mechanic of energy gained back by hitting 4 enemies doesnt change with efficiency WHAT DOES change tho is that with high efficiency you have option to miss your 1 a lot of times and still be able to spam like crazy.You will never stop CC'ing with your 2 and killing with your 1 and that is what keeps you alive with less effort in this build

On 20.2.2017 at 8:58 AM, Zeruge said:

snip

Finally got him! Decidet against rage tho on my final build....may just be me not beein all to experienced with him but i didn't find his link all too effective so i replaced it with natural talent and got back to my usuall setup, which includes naramon and carrying a synoid weapon to substain my energy. No damage also means a constant damage buff and support fire :>

Your build was still the closest to my final, thought i'd let you know :) thx a lot

5 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Finally got him! Decidet against rage tho on my final build....may just be me not beein all to experienced with him but i didn't find his link all too effective so i replaced it with natural talent and got back to my usuall setup, which includes naramon and carrying a synoid weapon to substain my energy. No damage also means a constant damage buff and support fire :>

Your build was still the closest to my final, thought i'd let you know :) thx a lot

Great to hear!

Just try all different builds and find the one more suitable and effective for your tastes!Have fun!

*Sidenote:The more range nidus has the longer is the travel time of virulence(unless it hits a wall)That means that you cant recast it unless it finishes the travel animation.Just saying^^

5 hours ago, Zeruge said:

*Sidenote:The more range nidus has the longer is the travel time of virulence(unless it hits a wall)That means that you cant recast it unless it finishes the travel animation.Just saying^^

Indeed but i honestly wouldn't know what else to put in that slot...range is good and any more would screw with my strength...more strength would ruin the efficiency, what leaves me with exilus mods and utility and faster animations seems like a good pick there...

2 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Indeed but i honestly wouldn't know what else to put in that slot...range is good and any more would screw with my strength...more strength would ruin the efficiency, what leaves me with exilus mods and utility and faster animations seems like a good pick there...

Yeah whatever suits your playstyle man