Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to play Trinity?

mosaickle

Question

How exactly do you play Trinity? Assume I'm an idiot and have no clue how Trinity works and her mechanics, assume I know nothing at all (since that's not far from the truth).

People say she's technically unkillable, how do I do this? People say she can keep the team unkillable, how do I do this? People say that she can essentially give infinite energy (which I'm not managing to do right now), how do I do this? 

7 answers to this question

Energy Vampire, her second ability gives energy. Increase power strength and efficiency to increase the amount of energy given, and decrease the cost to cast. When modded you can get more energy out of the ability than it takes to cast it. Use the ability as much as possible and people will be less likely to run out of energy. Simple.

Her 4th ability, Blessing, fully heals teammates within a 50m range. With energy vampire, times where Trinity doesn't have enough energy to cast Blessing should be few and far between.

Her 3rd ability Link reduces damage received by 75% as long as she's linked to an enemy. This combined with Blessing and the fact that she can supply herself with energy to cast both Blessing and Link is what makes her nigh unkillable in the right hands.

Her first ability is basically completely redundant once you unlock her 4.

Edited by AXCrusnik

9 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

Energy Vampire, her second ability gives energy. Increase power strength and efficiency to increase the amount of energy given, and decrease the cost to cast. When modded you can get more energy out of the ability than it takes to cast it. Use the ability as much as possible and people will be less likely to run out of energy. Simple.

Her 4th ability, Blessing, fully heals teammates within a 50m range. With energy vampire, times where Trinity doesn't have enough energy to cast Blessing should be few and far between.

Her 3rd ability Link reduces damage received by 75% as long as she's linked to an enemy. This combined with Blessing and the fact that she can supply herself with energy to cast both Blessing and Link is what makes her nigh unkillable in the right hands.

Her first ability is basically completely redundant once you unlock her 4.

Why increase efficiency just drop a blind Rage and the energy you get is much higher than the amount you lose.

1 minute ago, Genesis7000 said:

Why increase efficiency just drop a blind Rage and the energy you get is much higher than the amount you lose.

Build her however you want. I don't care. I'll build her how I want. Efficiency helps, if you think something else helps more, use that.

This is how I go about it. (EVERYONE! Please look away, don't look at the focus school (hides in shame)).

EV Build:  Pretty standard here, not much to explain. Extra health cuzz I can heal it with Bless ability. Minimal duration so that your 2 ability lasts only a second so you can spam energy replenish. A bit of efficiency doesn't hurt, good amount of range so your 2 can reach people at larger distances and lots of power strength for a lot of energy replenished per EV pulse. Vampire Leech so that any extra energy turns into overshield for you and allies. Rush because I hate being slow when running.
PHOohAL.jpg

Bless Build: Sadly here I endure the slower running speed because duration takes priority. Flow and Quick Thinking are self-explanatory (Quick Thinking uses Energy when your HP is too low, so having lots of Energy comes in handy), added streamline because 2 ability isn't that great on its own. Abating Link so that all linked enemies have less armor which comes in super handy for this build. Link (3) and Bless (4) will each reduce the incoming damage but unlike EV and Link, Bless does not have range, instead it has a flat unchanging 50m range regardless of mods. In order to replenish energy with this build you have to EV a target and then kill it in order to release remaining EV pulses. So Abating link allows me to kill the enemy easier for quicker energy replenishes. It's built around lots of duration so you don't have to babysit your team too much, with decent efficiency because of bad EV economy, low range because Bless isn't affected by range (Link is, but the range is good enough as you won't be sniping around, I just shotgun everyone in the face or melee them) and a decent amount of Strength so your damage reduction percentage is higher and so that I can get decent energy replenishment when I need it.
7BapNNX.jpg

I believe there's a few clever builds using the rarer vault mods, but I don't have them so have to go pretty standard on the mods. I've not got her augment yet either.

I go for intensify to boost what my powers do, stretch so they cover greater area, continuity so they last longer and that's about it. Flow's handy to keep a good pool of energy for if things go a bit pear shaped but I'm not so fussed with streamline cos I keep my energy topped up all the time. Can go streamline instead of flow but I reckon both are a bit of a waste.

Playing her in extreme conditions goes along the lines of...

1. Cast energy vampire (2) on first enemy seen. Get your own and teams energy filling up.

2. Cast link (3) to protect yourself.

3. Cast blessing (4) to heal everyone and bless them.

... then go back to 1. and start all over again. Repeat ad infinitum.

You're pretty much unkillable with link and healing yourself from blessing. Your team is pretty much unkillable by healing from blessing. You and your team have infinite energy from energy vampire..

One extra tip for Trinity would be to turn on team health in the HUD options. This puts your squad members down the right hand side of the screen and you can keep an eye on their shield, health and energy levels and act accordingly. It can be difficult keeping an eye on everything (the action going on in front of you and your team's health) which is when spamming them indefinitely can be handy. But as you get better at keeping an eye on the team you can spam them a bit less. Although I spam them to keep myself alive and the team can just count themselves lucky that I'm there.