Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Point Of Blocking? If It Actually "absorbs"

Peacauve

It doesn't actually block. In the middle of a Battle what good is absorbing damage instead of temporarily blocking it, there isnt even a "gunz" styled way of blocking "bullets" period. Melee Fighting in warframe DOES NOT WORK. You get your &#! kicked way too much and the reach on the melee weapons is awful. You can not fight a crowd, by crowd i mean no more than 5 people.

I don't know how you manage that. About half of my total kills are melee only. The rest is a mix of WarFrame skills (second most), secondary weapons and primary. Melee is actually not only easy but fun.... And I have yet to use block. Didn't know it was absorb, so this is good to know.

Edited by HellEnforcer

It doesn't actually block. In the middle of a Battle what good is absorbing damage instead of temporarily blocking it, there isnt even a "gunz" styled way of blocking "bullets" period.

Block works with some enemy attacks. You dont realy hope to block every incoming bullet/bomb/tentacle/beam that goes your direction do you?

Melee Fighting in warframe DOES NOT WORK. You get your &#! kicked way too much and the reach on the melee weapons is awful. You can not fight a crowd, by crowd i mean no more than 5 people.

Your a Ninja, not a Samurai. Your ment to kill from the shadows and pick targets wile their unaware, vunerable or alone from the group. If you plan on going berserker and killing large groups i suggest you use a Warframe that has allot of Shield and Armor along with a weapon that actualy strikes multiple targets.

The OP is correct IFF talking about any single target melee weapon. Grab a Gram, Orthos, Scindo, any heavy weapon really and they have great range, hit multiple enemies (most in 360 degrees) and have huge AoE knockdown with an air attack. Some dual weapons are almost as good.

Also, get the reach mod to max if you have a chance.

Edited by liavalenth

• 4 weeks later...

You dont realy hope to block every incoming bullet/bomb/tentacle/beam that goes your direction do you?

Well, that's what DE showed us in the OB trailer. And apart from that we were never told, how blocking works, so I understand that most people have false expectations.

Heavy weapons are great.  Fang is also pretty good.  Cleavers and Zoren are only viable if you're using a Saryn. The various hand-to-hand weapons have some neat tricks, but even when it comes to CC they don't really compare to a heavy.  Everything else?  Just plain BAD.

The last time I blocked an Ancient Disruptor's attack I was knocked down and got nailed by his next attack anyway. In addition, blocking bullets doesn't mitigate enough damage to be worth the stamina cost, It's easier and more effective to just run behind the nearest cover.

Your a Ninja, not a Samurai. Your ment to kill from the shadows and pick targets wile their unaware, vunerable or alone from the group. If you plan on going berserker and killing large groups i suggest you use a Warframe that has allot of Shield and Armor along with a weapon that actualy strikes multiple targets.

A ninja becomes a samurai when he gets the tools of the samurai.

When i read the title of this thread, i pictured a mod that turns a % of damage blocked into energy

imagine this:

Iron curtain Mod

Increases blocking absorb, reducing absorbed damage by 30%/40%/50%.

Meaning by blocking bullets and attacks instead of having a grineer elite do a full 30 damage per hit, it will only do 15 damage per hit, thats actually a great and efficient way of saving your skin from having holes in it :D

A ninja becomes a samurai when he gets the tools of the samurai.

Then would a powdered wig and a lousy british accent make me a nobleman? Imma inhale vapors and throw hankies everywhere! And the pantaloons! OH, HOW I WILL HAVE THE PANTALOONS!!!  =D