Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When is Bladed Rounds applied?

DesuTronic

Question

The description of the mod says "while aiming". How exactly does that work in game? For example on a Tonkor: If I aim before I fire the round and then stop aiming before the round hits the target will bladed rounds still give the bonus? Or the other way around if I fire the round and then start aiming before it hits the target will it give the bonus? Or do I have to keep aiming through the entire time since the round was fired until it hits the target?

7 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, kyori said:

Yes.

During the 9 seconds which the mod activated, you can don't aim and shoot as usual.... but the buff will be lost after 9 seconds

Since I didn't really believe that I just now went into the simulacrum to test it and the answer is NO. I do not have to aim throughout the entire time the round is in the air.

The bonus damage is given  when I am aiming at the moment of the impact. So I can shoot without aiming and if I start aiming before the round hits the target I get the bonus.

15 minutes ago, DesuTronic said:

Or do I have to keep aiming through the entire time since the round was fired until it hits the target?

Yes.

During the 9 seconds which the mod activated, you can don't aim and shoot as usual.... but the buff will be lost after 9 seconds

If you want the buff to refresh and keep going, then you have to repeat what you said.

The buff counter can be seen on the top right corner beside your health/shield bar.

Edited by kyori

1 minute ago, Weidro said:

that should help you to answer the question

just try it and watch the buff

I didn't ask how long the buff lasts or how it is activated. I asked under what circumstance the bonus damage will and / or will not be applied.

Which I found out through testing is that I do not have to be aiming when I fire the shot but I do have to be aiming when the round hits the target.