Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blast Damage should blind enemies

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

I'm telling you it makes no sense to turn "Blast" into something that's going to blind enemies. It isn't "Flash" so it wouldn't work. All damage types correspond with their name logically and if you go making Blast which knocks enemies down, to blinding things, it wouldn't make sense.

Edited by Alcatraz

Just now, Alcatraz said:

I'm telling you it makes no sense to turn "Blast" into something that's going to blind enemies. It isn't "Flash" so it wouldn't work. All damage types correspond with their name logically and if you go making Blast from knocking enemies down, to blinding things, it wouldn't make sense.

Or both & what is "sense" & wouldn't work ? I just want blast damage to be more useful then it is now . As someone who loves this game I'm going to try to improve it . I don't see you making any suggestions on making it better ? How about you leave feedback in the feedback forum instead of a "no". 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

I don't see you making any suggestions on making it better ? 

Your suggestion of "making the game better" is by introducing a mechanic that'll be easy to exploit and ultimately be broken. You're trying to make Blast, which creates shockwaves that knock everything down, into a Flash that blinds enemies with light. If this was how Blast worked, then literally any melee with high status or any Weeping Wounds build would be able to proc a blind finisher and forever negate armor scaling. If you're suggesting the blind not for the melee exploits, but because Blast is "useless" then this thread has no point. Blast has its uses, and it's called utility. It knocks enemies down in a small AoE.These enemies are open to Ground Finishers, albeit not as strong as Stealth Finishers.

And to counter your Gas example, Gas is purely an 8x Stealth Multiplier (while  undetected. Granted, this can be cheesed with Naramon Shadow Step) but the blind from your suggested Blast change would open enemies up for Stealth Finishers while also taking advantage of the 8x Stealth Multiplier. So literally any melee that can proc Blast will have the ability to completely bypass shields, armor, and any other type of damage mitigation while also dealing 8x more damage than it would normally do.

11 minutes ago, Xionyde134 said:

Stealth multipliers, not stealth finishers. those yellow numbers are stealth multipliers

& I think half a second of stealth multipliers is fine . But to each his own , I'm sure de will figure something out on how to make blast more useful . Because as of right now it's not all that great . The only good blast build that I know of is on the pox and that's it