Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon vs Nekros

MrTopera

Question

7 answers to this question

Nekros will overall be more useful than Oberon, in 99% of cases.

I'm saying this as someone who is deeply in love with Oberon and has used him over 30% of my total play time. Get Nekros first.

@Baterial Might want to be a little less liberal with your application of definite words like, "nobody."

Edited by Chipputer

I'll say Nekros too. Fantastic at many things; CC, damage mitigation and a god tier looter. His shadows offer a little extra damage if you're fortunate enough to have the right units to summon. 

Oberon has decent CC too, good damage at lower levels and the ability to heal(something that DE has done a ton of work on in the recent year or so; making this ability not as helpful) I love having the ability to quickly remove those pesky status procs at higher levels as well. He isn't as useless as some may want you to think, but he is ripe for a rework. 

Do you like Bonus Loot?
- Nekros

Do you like a wide array of worthwhile Augment mods?
- Nekros

Do you like some CC?
- either one

Do you want to offer "some" Healing?
- either one

Do you want to use most of your ability throughout a mission?
- either one

Do you want to be able to build to be Hard? *(by "hard" I mean tough, durable, tanky)
- Nekros

Are you looking to spend Plat? 
- Nekros
- Nekros Prime  (you should be able to pick up an entire set of Nekros Prime from Trade for less than Nekros costs to buy in-game. And that assumes you don't care to take the time to farm some of the parts yourself. But you will still need to build him in the foundry.)

Are you looking to build?
- Both

Really I do also recommend trying to get both.

Just taking your time on Oberon and one day you'll realize you probably have enough parts to build 13 of him easy.

Nekros you have to farm from Lephantis in the Derelict.  Which you may find either really really easy or a complete pain in the arse. YMMV

Cheers!
~R~