Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Normal For Tennogen Creators To Make Better Designs Than DE?

(XBOX)TheMadCash

There's a lot of talented people out there. But one thing that matters the most when you're creating content for another game is to fit the artstyle, which, sadly, a lot of the Tennogen creator misses.

The TES modding community is a good example. They pretty much do Bethesbug's job for free. From bugfixing, additional lore-friendly content that doesn't tamper with potential future installments, to entire expansions with voicework and more.

The Tennogen stuff generally looks better because we get to see and vote on what we want on the game. DE's art team is good, consistently good even. But looking at skins like the Asuri skin and their little conflict with IgnusDei it looks like they have an art direction that a part of the community doesn't seem to agree with.

but eh mynku left so we'll see where the tastemaker goes with the art

Yes it's normal in the way that tennogen creators are already given a base for the design but DE does all the grunt work, creating something out of nothing. Bringing ideas to life.

I, for one, did not like inaros design but when I played with him, his design grew on me and suddenly those flimsy, skinny arms and legs became something I defend whenever someone says he's ugly. Lmao. 

I love the fact that these warframes are unique from each other. It gives them a sense of identity and not just some cheap knock off of the same design you see everywhere else. 

And those deluxe skin and tennogen content? Are just frosting on cake. I appreciate that I have the option to choose from so many because it satisfies all my aesthetic needs. 

If we make the question simpler, you're asking is it normal for a person to have better sense of art than other. The answer is obvious. Yes.

Of course I know you mean is it normal for a player can make better game art design than the game artist that is supposed to do that work. And the answer is still yes.

This is what I thought about Tennogen.

DE is always trying to create a design that fulfill all of the player, but there is no such things that everyone will like it. Take Nova Asuri Skin as example, some people like it, but I dislike it, a lot. The ball on her body trigger my Trypophobia. and her head looks like a housefly. But obviously and reasonable DE can't understand everyone's preference, also it take time to create a new design. Then Tennogen is born. Not only Players can create design that fulfill itself and other players, DE can save their time to focus on other project. Also DE get profit if player purchase Tennogen,.

In the end, Tennogen fulfill more players, save DE time and also get profit from it. Win-win for both player and DE.

14 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

What I mean is. The Tennogen artists making better looking designs for frames than the ppl at DE? Like seriously the players that takes time to design this stuff honestly deserves to be in the building with DE. Now im not saying what DE makes is terrible. (Lets look away from Nova deluxe) but they are some great talented ppl out there. What made me write this was I came across an absolute perfect helmet for Inaros on the Steam workshop which was

OEl6c61.jpg

I just thought that this helmet was way better than the latest Inaros helm that DE released.

Thoughts? Should I give DE more credit than I currently do? Could I be right?

Inaros already have the perfect helmet though, made by DE. The Anubis helmet?

DE's art team is amazing. Each and every frame they design are amazing and unique in their own way.

Some of the helmets they design sure, they can be a bit ugly imo. 

Tennogen is a great idea, and probably take work of off those guys in the art team, so they can focus on making the rest of the game so awesome looking as it is :)