Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OK.... Now I will go solo on kuva missions. Only solo. Im tired of carrying people.

Kronxito

9 hours ago, ArionLightning said:

This is for making a call to the people for them to contribute a bit to the team they are playing in.  This is supposed to be a team game.........

I can bet whatever you want on the fact that people have no effin clue what to do there or just aren't fast enough (because it's one thing completing the quest but another doing it over and over in a mission). Just like at least half of the players that doing JV have no clue what to do with the nerves - and it's been 2 years already.

This is a downside of missions that require a teamwork and actaully complicated (the only complicated part about Kuva farming are siphon missions tho). Don't expect random people to know anything, they usually don't. Frustrated at them standing still? Well nothing beats people randomly jumping off the pads in NM LoR for no reason whatsoever and wasting ~25 minutes of your time (10 for seacrhing and waiting and 15 playing till this stage) and possibly a key just because they were too dem "busy" to watch a 5 minutes guide once.

As someone who also plays a real team based game (OW) time from time I'll tell you this - team based games are godawful if you don't have an actual team/friends. So the less of this stuff will be in WF the better it will be for the game in the long run.

Why not use the chat and plan ahead each role? One to hunt the Guardians, One to hunt the clouds, one or two to complete the objectives.

With randoms? Now that's cute.

People often don't listen to host/raid leader even in raids, you want some random to listen to another random in a star chat mission.

Edited by Nomen_Nescio

I'm not belittling the problem of leechers, but why not preform the group? "H> Kuva farm, LFM" and then on pre-launch, assign on who does what. It's helpful to assign one person as the fatty tackler, one person as mob CC and at least one person as smoke tackler. Otherwise you can't really differentiate players who are actual leechers and who are clueless players. Initially I had to check outside sources on how to do Kuva siphon because the information in game is so sparse. Preforming a group would also have ensured having the same group to farm Kuva instead of dealing with PUGs every time.

Why are so many people being antagonistic toward OP? While his thread could have been worded differently, it does raise an important point about some gameplay elements and their lack of enforcing/encouraging co-op play. I've ran into a few Kuva Siphon leechers myself, but i always make it a point to ask those players if they are new to it or know what to do. If they don't respond or start doing obvious leeching behavior, i will focus less on completing the siphon until they start contributing in some way. They can either CC enemies, fight enemies, or draw their attention for their fellow squadmates - doesn't have to be Kuva collecting. I can think of a few changes that will highly encourage/force players to do more than leech a siphon run.

As an MR 21 who did his FIRST Kuva run today for Nidus crafting....... I'd like to apologize for being one of those who more or less leeched 4 runs to get the 2k I needed. 

However, this was after I already failed 2 siphons cause I had no flying clue what on Eris I was supposed to be doing. I hit 5, I start Void dashing like in TWW, I still somehow get shot and return to my Warframe randomly, and I didn't know how to attack clouds/braids/the siphon. So yeah.

I'm sorry for leeching, but it's not as if the game gave us decent instruction on how to do the thing.

There is another potential problem with kuva farming - for some people transference bugs out and switches their control scheme. It happens to me erratically, and have died a handful of times and missed kuva simply because none of the abilities were working or I used the wrong one. It even happens when returning to my frame, and it can really mess up kuva floods where im often dependant on a defensive power or a quick, smooth switch in and out of operator mode when I need to. It makes me look like a total noob and its very frustrating.

On 2/25/2017 at 6:58 PM, The_Mustachio said:

I normally do pubic Kuva/Sortie's for one reason. Cannon fodder. For me, it's fun to watch other players try to stay alive as long as they can. I know it's slightly sadistic, but I enjoy it. On the flip side, if comes with some satisfaction of helping other players. People that can't otherwise complete them alone. Kind of a yin and yang of Warframe (for me). 

Pubic kuva missions

My favorites! 

On 2/25/2017 at 9:29 AM, Hemmo67 said:

u know whats funny? :3

speed nova to increase the speed of the clouds making nigh impossible to catch them >:3

Lemme find out somebody's doing this to me, I will mark them with my own personalized "death mark" and wait til they run a void mission so I can kill them with a radiation proc from death orb lasers.

1 minute ago, Trowicia said:

Lemme find out somebody's doing this to me, I will mark them with my own personalized "death mark" and wait til they run a void mission so I can kill them with a radiation proc from death orb lasers.

thats is also funny past time :P

(the symbiote is making me go NUTZ)

While this thread is mostly just complaining / people jumping all over the OP for doing so, I do see some value hidden very deep within the depths of the OP's post.

What I "read" & what most people will see:  
"I'm never running a Kuva mission with other people again because I'm doing all of the work anyways, so why should I earn Kuva for other people if they aren't even going to help?"

What is within the above that may be of some value if it were worded differently
"Kuva missions are a pain for me to run publicly, because when running with randoms, they don't always know what they are doing.  Sometimes people just leach off of me.  Why should I do all of the work and everyone be rewarded Kuva for it?  Does anyone have any suggestions for what could be done to minimize this type of leaching?"

-------

Let's be real, people leaching or going AFK in "any" type of mission is never an ideal experience.  However, neither is reading some one complain about it.  Unfortunately, there will always be leaches in any online scenario, this is probably the primary reason that the matchmaking settings exist.  

TL;DR / The reason I made this post:  To hopefully show that a little change in attitude and the way things are worded can be the difference between civil, constructive discussion and getting put on blast for your post, or just flat out ignored. 

-------

I am locking this, cleaning up the unnecessary posts and moving this to the Feedback ---> Missions sub-forum.