Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Items For New Players?

Jasyas2

Question

10 answers to this question

Karak and Boltor for full-auto assault rifles. Latron if you prefer semi-auto (can be upgraded to burst-fire rifle Tiberon). Grakata is full-auto too, but it's got lower damage and good crit/status chance. BPs can be bought in the market IIRC.
For secondaries: Magnus has decent damage and good crit chance/status, Lex has higher base damage - essentially a pocket sniper. Both of them are semi-auto and can be built into dual versions. Also, if you seek utility and got Mastery Rank of 2 and above, I'd recommend Sonicor, though this would require some rare resources, which you couldn't access yet without being taxied. If you prefer full-auto, there's honestly not so much choice. Viper/Twin Viper, Furis/Afuris, Twin Grakatas maybe.
Melee: Dual Heat Swords are a solid choice, although on Mastery Rank 3 you can access The Second Dream quest and get a free Broken War (literally the best longsword in the game)

Don't be afraid to look at the Market. The Weapons can be bought outright with Platinum, but you can also buy the blueprints with credits and make them yourself instead. This allows you to get new weapons without having to spend any real money. It will even tell you what you need to make it, so you can check the resource drops on planets you have access to and pick things that you can actually make.

The drawback, of course, is that making the weapon yourself means that you have to potato* the weapon yourself later. However, not every weapon is worth keeping after you rank it up to 30, so it's not a huge issue. It just means that you have less reason to keep the stuff you don't like.

* In case you're unaware, "potatoing" means adding an Orokin Reactor or Orokin Catalyst to the item to double it's mod capacity. One works for weapons, the other for everything else. Normally I'd use the correct item name, but I'm not 100% sure weapons use a Catalyst like I want to say they do, so I'm using the slang to ensure that I'm not saying something incorrect.

I recommend going for any weapon that can be bought with credits (i.e., the Mk-1 weapons and anything else that doesn't need to be crafted). Max them out, sell the ones you don't want and keep the ones you like (or consider investing in their upgraded versions).

When I was just starting out, though (and didn't pay much attention to Mastery Rank and whatnot), Latron, Bronco and Kestrel were my weapons of choice for a while.

Not a beginner weapon (MR7) But get yourself a Lacera later on...A Status Electro+gas build (2 status/element mods=99% status chance) on this melee weapon rivals the direct damage of full fletched and used Endgame crit build, without the need to substain or use it, just by using it on crowds (gas and electro are aoe which is a direct multiplier of your damage used with melee) what makes it one of the strongest and definitly THE offhand melee weapon.

Add a few kinda lategame mods-

maiming strike and Condition overload for example. Condition overload adds a x1,6 multiplier per status, multiplicative per status (exponential growth up to like x105 with all status types on a enemy, lacera by itself sets 2 on that build); maiming strike makes it crit -> used with naramon: invisibility -> x8 stealth multiplier which is calculated TWICE for gas.

-and the Damage potentiall becomes ridiculous.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108