Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about drop chance booster

(PSN)sb001001

Question

Does it give a noticeable increase in drops?

Been trying to farm orokin cells lately and not having much luck (damn rng!). I remember getting a couple 3hr long drop chance boosters from login rewards but did not really notice an increase in drops so I'm unsure they are worth the price. 

12 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

It add +100% to the base chance.
So if a resource have 2% to drop on enemi death, the calculation will be :
2% x (1 + additonnal 100%) = 2% x (1+1) = 2% x 2 = 4%.

8 minutes ago, Mk_1 said:

Basically doubles the chance of a mob to drop a resource.

So if a mob has a 100% chance to drop something like say color pigments, it will drop it twice?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)GR13V4NC3 said:

Go to Ceres (if it still drops cells) and run the Dark Sectors. Thats the best place for cells and easy (or it was). And boosters do help tremendously.

Did 3x 20 mins survival runs on Ceres and Saturn and came out with 6 cells but that was with a double resource booster (and smeeta) so I've concluded rng just doesn't like me much. Hoping to increase my luck with a drop chance booster. 

So its a mislead its not 100% resource drop but encrease from 2% to 4% whellllllllLL compare 4% to 100% isnt that a lie? im not pretending cus i am vet and i have plenty of everything but for the new players this is pure nightmare.

23 minutes ago, Fugana said:

So its a mislead its not 100% resource drop but encrease from 2% to 4% whellllllllLL compare 4% to 100% isnt that a lie? im not pretending cus i am vet and i have plenty of everything but for the new players this is pure nightmare.

Yea, I have millions of various resources... if I had to do it all over again, I would not play this game anymore/rage quit. I have tried starting a new account, just because, but it's so much work and I don't have the patience.

I feel for you, newbs... just stay out of my way ;P

On 26.02.2017. at 7:17 PM, Fugana said:

It's not misleading you into anything. It says it very clearly. Your fault for thinking it guartees a drop. That would just be freaking ridiculous and completely game breaking. Why, think of all the hemas that could have been built in a single day.

On 26/02/2017 at 4:13 PM, Acersecomic said:

So if a mob has a 100% chance to drop something like say color pigments, it will drop it twice?

According to the Wikia, yes, for pigments with a 100% drop chance mobs will drop twice as many of them if you're running a drop chance booster.

Note that it only applies to resources, so mods, etc. don't have a x2 chance to drop.