Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Bow in Game

Janaya

Question

1. Rakta Cernos ( Red Veil ), has the fastest recharge time ( without mods ). Both the Mutalist and Rakta versions, are excellent against Corpus Nullifiers. Shoot the bubble, then watch as the bubble fills up with the gas or toxin aoe proc. All the "fleshy" Corpus will die.

2. Once you hit MR 4, farm or purchase the Paris Prime set from someone, then mod it until your eyes crit red. Grineer spy vaults are a breeze, as you will pop the floating sensors with ease. Also, great against any Grineer and robotic type.

3. Love using the Daikyu, with Ivara. After that, I wouldn't bother with it since the Daikyu MUST fire at a full charge.

4. Dread, highest crit chance and can stagger Ancients. Pinpoint accuracy and punch through, provided your looking down-sight and have a full charge. Unless I'm in a squad or wading solo with Rhino, I prefer the Ignis over bows against Infested.

5. Mod your favorite primary weapon with either a gas or viral proc, and the Cernos becomes MR fodder. Honestly, why waste your time impacting against shields, if you can just go around them?

6. The Mark1-Paris (tutorial) and Paris are your "training wheels" until you get your tiny tenno hands on one of the bows above. They're MR fodder as well.

7. As for the crossbows, it comes down to personal preference. For me, if they acted as an actual crossbow instead of a rifle, I'd see them more as just MR fodder. They do hit like a mac-truck, however.

Edited by SkeinsOfFitzsimmons
corrections

9 hours ago, Dan2Rock4 said:

That is not a reliable nor scientific way to justify your statement, this it is invalid. Invalidity means it is not a fact. Doing tests is far better, and crunching the numbers. Fact is, You will most likely get more kills yes due to the lower damage, higher fire rate, making it easier to kill trash mobs, but the damage the traditional bows have is just higher, it just will not be counted as it will exceed the EHP of the enemy.  The only thing I see the Zhuge having over traditional bows is the status, but even then, it will fall off poorly. 

So if I fire 5 projectiles while the other fires one, he still has a chance to do more damage than me? To clarify, when properly modded, Zhuge's damage is so high even lvl 100s are not much. Tough or weak masses, Zhuge still has more raw DPS vs anything. The same can be said about Attica, now that it has the most powerful Rivens of them all.

unless you are trying to rely on Status on a Bow for some reason(that's like trying to rely on Status from a Sniper Rifle that isn't Lanka...), Rakta Cernos deals the most Damage per Shot on average of any Bow. fullstop.
it also can shoot more quickly than the others. and have an Energy/Viral Explosion. just incase you weren't dealing enough Damage, so that you can periodically have Viral Status for an effective double Damage per Shot since it's unlikely you won't Kill it in one Shot.
people will argue otherwise but this is a mathematical fact.

however Dread and Paris Prime aren't that far behind.

though Crossbows are usable under Bow restrictions as well. and Zhuge is effectively a Boltor Prime that deals like 8x the Damage but shoots 1/2 as fast.

Rivens can't be included in such suggestions because you can't "just get" the bonuses you may desire. would be like saying Weapon N is better than everything because it has a 0.05% Crit Chance but a 1500x Crit Multiplier. it's not realistically available but if the opportunity presents itself, then perhaps take advantage.

Edited by taiiat

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:54 PM, -BM-Leonhart said:

All the time for Sories I see ppl using vanilla bows and I am like............-_- are you for real...

Basically, use Attica or Zhuge, preferably with their strong Rivens. A full auto bow will beat vanilla bows in both single and mult-target damage.

Whoa whoa wait...are you saying you can bring Zhuge on bow only missions?  Who wouldda thunk it...I mean I get it but who wouldda thunk it?

21 hours ago, taiiat said:

unless you are trying to rely on Status on a Bow for some reason(that's like trying to rely on Status from a Sniper Rifle that isn't Lanka...), Rakta Cernos deals the most Damage per Shot on average of any Bow. fullstop.
it also can shoot more quickly than the others. and have an Energy/Viral Explosion. just incase you weren't dealing enough Damage, so that you can periodically have Viral Status for an effective double Damage per Shot since it's unlikely you won't Kill it in one Shot.
people will argue otherwise but this is a mathematical fact.

however Dread and Paris Prime aren't that far behind.

though Crossbows are usable under Bow restrictions as well. and Zhuge is effectively a Boltor Prime that deals like 8x the Damage but shoots 1/2 as fast.

Rivens can't be included in such suggestions because you can't "just get" the bonuses you may desire. would be like saying Weapon N is better than everything because it has a 0.05% Crit Chance but a 1500x Crit Multiplier. it's not realistically available but if the opportunity presents itself, then perhaps take advantage.

Status Dread absolutely melts high level enemies much quicker tho.

People here like to theorize a lot, based on Wikipedia tips. Slash is not just best damage vs flesh, it's best damage type overall, cause slash proccs deal finisher damage circumventing all defenses and armor, no other damage type does that. Pair that with it's crit chance and dread is clear winner for all people that know bit more about mechanics of warframe. 

Saying that thou I must note that in 99% of game scenarios you won't fell big difference and you can pick bow that is easier to get  or has more appealing mechanics. Or one with better /cheaper riven - also important, dread rivens are payed in gold. Many people are casuals and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But for guys that farm kuva floods "professionally" or play raids /sorties daily (by playing meaning mostly carrying random public groups) they don't compromise. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

4 hours ago, Dan2Rock4 said:

Status Dread absolutely melts high level enemies much quicker tho.

with... exterior Multipliers, and putting Enemies in Stasis so you can plink away at them with your... Status Bow until it finally stacks some Damage and Kills them.

unfortunately, it's common for people to oversell things without reasoning backing that. but it's their Session not mine ultimately, and it's okay if they want to opt to things they find more fun than what is objectively superior.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

with... exterior Multipliers, and putting Enemies in Stasis so you can plink away at them with your... Status Bow until it finally stacks some Damage and Kills them.

unfortunately, it's common for people to oversell things without reasoning backing that. but it's their Session not mine ultimately, and it's okay if they want to opt to things they find more fun than what is objectively superior.

I don't think you see it. Level 150 (armoured targets) and above, Status Dread is clearly superior. A regular damage build will fall off. The only way it doesn't is if you strip armor.