The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In game chat

DenialBroh

4 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

3) It took an hr of waiting before I went to recruiting.  1 hour of waiting for even one random to join a planetary mission. I timed it so I could make a thread like this of my own.  I spent the time answering questions in Region.

Do you use recruiting for the mundane things?  No, really, have you gone into recruiting and asked for help with the limbo quest, the archwing quest, gathering resources or anything else that isn't fissure specific missions?  How long before you get any response?

On both accounts, I have done this.  Its a long wait period.  At least 20 minutes before you get one pm telling you to ask friends or join a clan, if you're lucky to get a response.  I've gotten more PM's telling me not to use recruiting for it's intended purpose than I have for team invites.

The chat feature beds an update, desperately. 

At the very least you can't sent there is room for vast improvement over what we have now.

The fundamental problem here is not the chat system, but that no one else wants to run those missions at the same time you do.

Changes to chat alone aren't going to improve that situation.

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

1) then DE should allow players to create individual tabs with player chosen content.  I've played half a dozen games that allowed me to pick region, clan, friends and lfg chat to be all on one tab as well As being able to put the same chat on their own tabs.  Its a better option because it caters to every personal flavor instead of one or the other.

2) see 1

This would work too, although it is a more fundamental redesign of the chat system, so would take longer to implement.

But I agree, I've also used similar systems in other games and appreciated the flexibility it gives.

37 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

The fundamental problem here is not the chat system, but that no one else wants to run those missions at the same time you do.

Changes to chat alone aren't going to improve that situation.

This would work too, although it is a more fundamental redesign of the chat system, so would take longer to implement.

But I agree, I've also used similar systems in other games and appreciated the flexibility it gives.

Let me see if I have this correct.

The issue isn't an exclusive, cluttered and chaotic recruiting system that, at times actively discourages use, but that out of tens of thousands of players, no one wants to run the first node on Neptune, over the course of two days?  I spent most of the weekend trying to get that mission done, randomly checking in over two twelve hour periods.  It wasn't a once and done thing.

AND you honestly believe that no one would use a specific chat rab, just for situations like this, that no one would use it, just because no one wants to use the cluttered, chaotic, exclusive recruiting tab we have now?

I'm sorry but, that's just...no.  I'm not sure if you genuinly believe that or are arguing for the sake of arguing.  Other, extremely, successful games use recruiting features that allows players to detail character type, level, map, quest missions, dungeons or raids.  This kind of change wouldn't negatively impact the player base.

I think the biggest hit to Trade Chat was Rivens.

Previously, even if Trade Chat moved quickly, an experienced player would recognize Mod and part names and be able to digest it relatively without difficulty. However, with the addition of Rivens, we see numerous Lato Agni-Croatoan-Horatiox mods linked, and we have no earthly idea what they are without clicking the link and evaluating them. In the time it takes to do that, you've missed a lot in Trade Chat -- or worst yet, Trade Chat flew by so quickly you couldn't click the link fast enough.

It's really made things a pain.

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Let me see if I have this correct.

The issue isn't an exclusive, cluttered and chaotic recruiting system that, at times actively discourages use, but that out of tens of thousands of players, no one wants to run the first node on Neptune, over the course of two days?  I spent most of the weekend trying to get that mission done, randomly checking in over two twelve hour periods.  It wasn't a once and done thing.

Given that you have stated you sat queued for the mission for over an hour and no one joined your public squad, I'd say that was a pretty accurate assessment.

There may have been players who wanted to run it, but due to the futility of either queuing for a public squad or trying recruiting chat (both of which you experienced yourself), they didn't bother.

I don't believe simply separating out a chat tab for 'regular' missions will be anywhere near enough to address that issue.

What I have seen work well in other games are systems that allow you to advertise your party in a structured system that other players can search through, but chat isn't up to the job.

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Other, extremely, successful games use recruiting features that allows players to detail character type, level, map, quest missions, dungeons or raids.  This kind of change wouldn't negatively impact the player base.

^ Basically the type of system you outlined here.

A key feature of this would have to be that you could still get on with other things while your party was filling up, even running other missions, or you'd just be back to the same problem of not enough players wanting to do the same thing at the same time.

3 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Given that you have stated you sat queued for the mission for over an hour and no one joined your public squad, I'd say that was a pretty accurate assessment.

There may have been players who wanted to run it, but due to the futility of either queuing for a public squad or trying recruiting chat (both of which you experienced yourself), they didn't bother.

I don't believe simply separating out a chat tab for 'regular' missions will be anywhere near enough to address that issue.

What I have seen work well in other games are systems that allow you to advertise your party in a structured system that other players can search through, but chat isn't up to the job.

^ Basically the type of system you outlined here.

A key feature of this would have to be that you could still get on with other things while your party was filling up, even running other missions, or you'd just be back to the same problem of not enough players wanting to do the same thing at the same time.

I still have rather high doubts that the same issues would plague a improved and more robust recruiting feature.  

Again, due to personal experience, if you improve something and streamline the process to make it easier for everyone to use, more people will use it.

And I may have failed at getting my point across.  What I'm understanding from your posts is that you believe if the system were improved, nothing would change.  Which, looking at other games that I've played from beta to live, that hasn't proven true.

Edited by MagPrime

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

What I'm understanding from your posts is that you believe if the system were improved, nothing would change.  Which, looking at other games that I've played from beta to live, that hasn't proven true.

No, what I'm saying is that an additional chat tab wouldn't be enough.

A fully featured 'looking for squad' feature, on the other hand, could work really well and would be a great addition to the game.

56 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

No, what I'm saying is that an additional chat tab wouldn't be enough.

A fully featured 'looking for squad' feature, on the other hand, could work really well and would be a great addition to the game.

Ah, my apologies then.

Making other chat windows seems a great idea. The current UI have a lot of space for these, i don't know why this couldn't come true since the current recruiting chat is full of relic shares and clan spamming.

17 hours ago, Wolfsfang202 said:

i personally got used to it, more recently though i have just put items up for buying/selling on warframe market and let people come to me

This kinda adds to the problem, you could say the trading in-game is so messy and confusing that people resort on other ways to get to sell or buy something.

On 3/3/2017 at 11:59 AM, MagPrime said:

Please don't pop in just to make antagonistic comments, especially when there's a whole nother page of discussion to catch up on. 

what i mean is we all both know that trade chart is chaotic. why you are disproving it because there is no gif created confused me.