Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Sancti) Tigris (Prime) or Vaykor Hek?

(PSN)sb001001

Question

12 answers to this question

I have both and I like them for the procs and balance they can deliver. Sancti delivers a ton of damage and it's corrosive proc helps a lot when dealing with Sentients. The V.Hek I place on my Frames using Energy Siphon to feed them health if things get up and close, so it's a good way of rounding off frames generating energy over health. And even then both feed into helping frames like Inaros and Nidus. So basically feed forma into both shotguns. They are worth it.

There is quite a massive difference in the damage they do, as the Tigris Prime has the highest base damage of any weapon in the game. For the Vaykor Hek, you'll usually want a build for critical chance and damage, as it is popularly a crit weapon. A lot of people will tell you to build the Tigris Prime for status, but that's absolute nonsense. A weapon this strong really shouldn't be gimped by the 60% dmg/status mods. The best status effect is death.

Note that the Vaykor Hek also has tighter spread and will serve you better for getting more far-off shots, whereas the Tigris family tends to have a wider spread, making clearing of multiple nearby enemies easier. You can also use the Sancti Tigris if you want the utility of its AoE, which does damage, procs corrosive to remove armor, and heals you.

I mean, I personally suggest getting all three guns. It's not a bad idea. They're all really useful.

Edited by Exploderizer

Well i didn't use vaykor hek that much but its really good for high lvl ya but for me tigris prime is better its really one of the best weapons for high lvl enemies so its just depends on your play style if you like to reload alot or not 

The tigris series hits like a freight train every shot and yes there is a difference the tigris by default is ofc weaker to its sancti and prime and the sancti is weaker to the prime. But the sancti has an aoe+heal proc which gives enough reason to hesitate between prime and sancti.

The vaykor hek on the other hand....sorry im gonna be slightly biase here, i dont seee why people keep comparing that to the tigris series the tigris is way better it would take anywhere from 2-4 shots maybe the whole clip of vaykor hek just to equal one shot from the tigris. 

Anyways to get to the point it all comes down to two things if you choosing between tigris and hek do you wanna do puncture(hek) or slash(tigris) and clip size besides that everything else can be altered through appropriate modding.

18 minutes ago, Exploderizer said:

. A lot of people will tell you to build the Tigris Prime for status, but that's absolute nonsense. A weapon this strong really shouldn't be gimped by the 60% dmg/status mods. The best status effect is death.

Status build is better for late game. Check this (3:36): 

I really think this is yet one more of those Personal Preference things.

Because the 2 weapons families behave very differently. And Both do lots and lots of damage.
 * 2 shot Duplex Trigger vs 8 (or 4) shot Semi-Auto.

If I'm not totally mistaken Sancti Tigris and Vaykor Hek have generally been viewed as peers for a long time. Again differentiated more on use than paper numbers.

Now setting that to the side.

There's always the statement of "why not both?"

Also, we could blow that up further and add in "why not all three?"

You could build the Sancti for high raw damage, the Prime for Status and the Vaykor can actually be built for either.

And again personal preference again with regards to the 60/60 vs 90% elemental mods. 

Especially in the case of the Tigris Prime. It already does a metric-f-tonne of damage. Plenty enough to one-shot anything that is not covered in a thick wall of armor.

And to get past that you want to remove the armor, not just pile on more raw damage. Removing the armor will up the damage. 

Plus 60/60 mods are all "v's" which makes them easy to swap around and they use up less mod capacity.

IF you like the 90% mods and they're doing work for you, then that is great. But the 60/60 mods do have their place.

It took me a while to get used to firing the Tigris "correctly" and once I did I was hooked and It is one of my used used weapons (or actually "they are" because I use both Sancti and Prime).

On the other side, one of my buddies uses the Hek a lot.

They each work for us.

And you can build the Vaykor Hek for 100% status using the 60/60 mods along with Nano-Applicator.  Sure it's then not the zomg-highest-damage-build but it does give it corrosive armor removal if you're going to need it and prefer the Hek series over the Tigris.

Really IMO they're all worth getting, maxing out and keeping. Unless you really like one and really don't like the other.

Hope some of that helps, happy hunting!
~R~

Vaykod hek:  pros, tight pattern, can hold its own against tigris against armored enemies aoe blast, large magazine.  Cons, least damage of the three, need all primed mods to make it worthwhile.

Santi tigris: pros, good damage, cool firing mechanic, aoe blast heals so good for gaining health back.  Cons, need to reload a lot, raw damage can be hindered without status.  

Tigris prime: pros, best damage and status also cool firing mechanic.  Cons, no aoe blast for healing, need to reload and slower reload than sancti.  

I use the two Tigris mostly because it fits my playstyle.  

This is not actually a very easy question to answer though I will say a large portion is going to be preference.

This goes even further in preference as to the gun specs themselves. Vaykor Hek for instance can be built as a body-shot crit weapon or a head-shot crit weapon. Tigris can be built to deal with armor through status procs and bleeds or it can go full front-end damage for unarmored enemies.

A head-shot built Vaykor Hek is going to give you the highest damage per shot. If all pellets were to strike to head it's average damage per shot is about 140k. (I say "if all pellets" because it's not common to land every pellet) A body shot build using Punch-through is going to be an avg of 30k per shot.

A 100% Status Tigris Prime is going to shred armor much better than Vaykor Hek and Avg about 50k per shot after bleeds a front-end damage setup with punch-through is going to avg 70k per shot.

The rest of the differences others have already mentioned. But yea. depends what you're fighting and how you like to use your shotguns.