The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

Stachel: Feel the Sting of Winter's Breath

Corpus Knife

A Corpus-made dagger featuring two cryotic-plated blades and a pressurized injector, the Stachel is designed to freeze enemies solid and destroy them from the inside. Upon stabbing an enemy with a charge attack, the knife released a chilled liquid into the enemies' bodies that rapidly expands into a gaseous state and explodes through any open wounds. Frozen enemies are instead shattered as the ice in their bodies trap the gas and cause it to shatter them from within.

warframe_stachel_by_airalchemyst2-db1hme

1488892551-distocor-cephalon-scythe.png

Faction : Cephalon

Grip : Scythe

Description :

The Distocor is a Cephalon scythe, dealing powerful electric strike with high status chance at the cost of a slow attack speed.

The weapon have 2 unique passive :

• The combo counter passively increase the weapon's range (also visually).
  • While parrying, the vortex on the head of the weapon will start attracting enemi's fire and stack the blocked damage to release them in a violent explosion when releasing (a bit like a mini Nyx's abosrb).
    The explosion have guaranted electric proc plus an additionnal chance to proc other elements equiped on the weapon.

1488892549-cephalon-scyte-explain.png

On 04/03/2017 at 3:00 AM, SilverBones said:

FACTION
Grineer

DESCRIPTION
(Blade and Whip Grip) This slow-swinging, militarized version of a boarding tool embodies everything about the Grineer approach to warfare; It’s vicious, it’s destructive and serves in multiple functions simultaneously. The super-heated, sickle-like plasma blade can carve through hardened armor, the explosive, cable-bound weighted end can clear debris and attackers in equal measure and even the heat vents can be used to maim and kill. It is the embodiment of murderous, Grineer ingenuity. When in use, the vent plating slides back to protect the users hand from the heat, then moves back to guard the plasma nozzles when stowed.

ARTWORK
C6DWZBEUoAATH8C.jpg

C6DWbikUYAA99bN.jpg

Personal Note: While I appreciate the concern that my name is not listed next to the Silva & Aegis, I have never asked for it, nor felt like it was deserved. I just doodled the idea. Tennogen guys actually create the stuff, while the animation and art team at Warframe did most of the glorious work for the S&A. I am totally fine with how the Silva & Aegis is listed!

i... have..to control... myself.... this is too good..... help me

Faction:Tenno

Brief Description:Almost thing is in the picture.It is a spear.When using change attack it will puncture the spear forward about 5 meter.When using leap attack it will create a electric circle.You will using the top of the spear when steath attack and bottom when finished attack.Blocking like other staff .Can't throw like Jaklor 

17190754_160391411143568_475193804514092

Very sorry if it hard to see 

1 hour ago, lukinu_u said:

1488892551-distocor-cephalon-scythe.png

Faction : Cephalon

Grip : Scythe

Description :

The Distocor is a Cephalon scythe, dealing powerful electric strike with high status chance at the cost of a slow attack speed.

The weapon have 2 unique passive :

• The combo counter passively increase the weapon's range (also visually).
  • While parrying, the vortex on the head of the weapon will start attracting enemi's fire and stack the blocked damage to release them in a violent explosion when releasing (a bit like a mini Nyx's abosrb).
    The explosion have guaranted electric proc plus an additionnal chance to proc other elements equiped on the weapon.

1488892549-cephalon-scyte-explain.png

The Weapon itself looks like every other cephalon weapon amazing, but this thing i whould call an axe, so i whould put it in the category of Heavy blades. But good Idea there, looks awesome ^^

yACZct8.jpgCnidae

Faction: Infested

Grip: Dual dagger

Brief Description:  This pair of symbiotic creatures lend their dagger like stinger to their host as weapons that do physical and toxin damage.
When not equipped: The tentacles on the stingers allow quick melee that does not interrupt using/reloading weapons or anything else.
When equipped: Striking an enemy afflicted with a toxin proc triggers "adrenal secretions",  a melee attack speed buff removing elemental damage from melee attacks and gives the host/wielder the ability to secrete it through their skin creating a damage aura.

Edited by Keiiken

On 3/3/2017 at 0:10 PM, Krhymez said:

I am not the best at art but i have a concept i would like to see.

-Type: Whip /sword "Allow it to use stances from both"

-Name: Razor Flail 

-Faction: Tenno

-Damage: Slash

-Special: When using this weapon you get a bonus to resource drops. Similar to how the lecta works for credits. Press "Alt fire" to activate the whip or blade. "maybe allow double stances to be equiped"

Disclaimer.. this is not my art, but an image of the idea of one. if enough people like this post, i will try to draw a Tenno version

Razorflails.jpg

This is a rough idea of the blade. I am sorry but i am not great with making images. If someone likes this idea, they can help build the idea better.

tu0Len4.png

What about like defiled snapdragon for stance? Something else to use it on would be nice

Hello fellow Tennos !

Shame on me for using paint but i'm not on my proper computer ! :x 

This is my submission hope you like it ! 

• Faction: Tenno.
  • Type: Blade and Whip.
  • Description: Spear/Sword like blade attached to a chain that can be thrown in enemies and ripped back out thanks to the chain. Can use the chain to hit and the blade to slash. The melee animation would be the regular Blade and Whip animation the charged attack would throw the blade into the aimed enemy.
  • Original artwork: 

Have a god day !

Chibizero.

Throwing weapon that can be stoped at his current position - Has 2 motors to start spining after X seconds killing everything on range - Like the azima left click but this would be a throwable weapon.  Some day you would do it :D PD: Sorry for my bad english

54 minutes ago, XDmongoXD2 said:

The Weapon itself looks like every other cephalon weapon amazing, but this thing i whould call an axe, so i whould put it in the category of Heavy blades. But good Idea there, looks awesome ^^

Sure, it look like an axe but I prefer to keep it as a scythe for some reasons :

• The initial concept was a scythe and the 85% damage blocked of the weapon type fit well with the unique passive when parry and the "best defense" theme.
  • Heavy blades already have a lot top tier weapons (Galatine prime, Scindo prime, War, Zenistar) and I also play so much with heavy blades (like a lot of people) and I wanted to create a weapon for an unused categories.
  • In my opinion, scythe are one of the less used category. Not the category with less viable weapons but the one players use the less. Event if Caustacyst is good it's the only one.

10 hours ago, nuttoo said:

Faction: Grineer
Type : Sword & Shield
Description :  " The Rampart " ,The hammer & shield has adapted its hammer head that can spin itself to increase dmg and crush enemy like meat balls. Shield itself has been designed to suit its user . It can roll shield part to fit user's arm for more flexibility . It has cooling system from spinning part on top of hammer. This part is extremely hot from gear spinning. (If this weapon win this contest . It can be adapted by designer's desicion)

I like the design, but the aesthetics of it look very blocky, and thus like it should belong to the Corpus, not the grineer. Grineer usually have an Asymmetrical design mixed with an organic/utilitarian flow. That and changing the faction to corpus might actually be a benefit since corpus have yet to have a sword and shield (where grineer have the Ack and Brunt). Still, cool design. Looks chunky and good for a defensive stance/play-style.

Nether Glaive

Faction: Tenno

Grip type: Staff

Staff animations would fit well.

Next to the handle are 2 emitters held in place with magnetic force. The emitters create a blade of pure dark energy.

Inflicts radiation damage on hit.

Can be thrown (would fly much slower than other thrown weapons due to its size).

The image may not give it out but I intended this to be a staff-sized weapon.Image of the weapon

Edited by Qahnaarin2746
Couldn't attach the image so I made a link for it

OK.  I can't draw for crap.  Having said that.  

THREE PIECE STAFF

Faction: Tenno - old school
Brief Description: grip type would be stave or whip.  the stance mods would be the same.  with stave stance equipped, this would function like bo - similar range and damage.  With whip equipped, like atterax with an extended range compared to bo (or perhaps using Nunchaku would be more appropriate for animations and stances, but with range of atterax?); damage remains similar to stave damage though.  What would be outstanding (although I am not sure given the system), is the ability to "switch" between stances mid-mission (like some of the primary weapons having two modes of fire - maybe being able to use the same button - but only active if the melee weapon is the equipped weapon? ie melee strikes from "E" would not allow switching of stances, but having the melee weapon equipped as the active weapon would allow stance switching and attacking using the mouse keys?)
Original Artwork: yeah right.  To quote Ordis - "HA.  HA.  HA"

On 04/03/2017 at 0:14 AM, Dimcreaper said:

Weapon: Gunblade

Faction: Tenno

Description: Sniper/Rifle style gun blade, blade attacks deal high status slash damage, charged gun shots deal high critical chance puncture damage.

U1YdAqZ.png

now we talking about off a contest here
also we need a Dual scythe like a Dark templar
dual chakrams like from that game that nobody plays and was very good kingdom of ama....
and a spear and shield like nemasys used in dark sector

Edited by venon23

Galahad

Faction: Grineer

Type: Rapier (devs probably would have a better idea where it fits)

Desc: Rocket lance

Sketchfab Link  (see it in 3d)

Artstation  (other models you can look at)

The Galahad rocket lance was a project I worked on for a personal group in another game however the group had other plans and so the model has been sitting in my portfolio collecting dust I recently decided to reskin it, to make it look grineer and make it all fancy looking for you all. The idea behind it was to have three functions:

(keep in mind that this would use the rapier animations or similar thrusting anims gathered from other stances/combos, but the speed would be vastly slower with a higher damage output in order to give the animators a break, but still allow it to act slower like a proper lance)

Basic lunge: a pretty basic combo of lunges/swings what have you

Dash lunge: rockets boost from behind causing the wielder to burst forward dealing puncture to enemies in path. (the arm and the wielder are protected if held correctly. I can make gesture drawings for an anim if you like)

Throw: Throws the rocket going through enemies in path impaling like a shish-kebab, and when hitting a surface it explodes dealing incendiary damage.

edit: I just added a Grineer skin, and went the extra mile and made a background for my sketchfab, and changed some lighting settings in the 3d preview.

Edited by Khobi
updated texture for grineer/new links