Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

Hello. I would like to see some interresting and fun to play weapon in the game. So i deicided to post my weapon which I drew some time ago. Why not an old-style cool looking sword or dagger with special ability? Lets get into it.

Weapon name: Vendetta

Type: One-handed Dagger

Faction: Tenno

Attack speed: 1.00

Damage Type: Slash

Physical Damage: 50 (...base +15 at 5 stacks = 65 physical damage)

Critical Chance: 20%

Critical Multiplier: 2.0x

Status Chance: 20%

Polarities: "v"

Stance Polarity: "-"

Brief Description: Vendetta is a dagger with steel, sharp blade, wooden grip and a letter "V" on the hilt and guard that looks like two scythes with horned skull in the middle. Dagger itself is a little bit bigger than Dark Dagger. Because "Vendetta" means something like blood revenge it would force the strenght of dagger increase depending on the damage that the player receive.

Passive ability: Bloodlust. When player receive damage to his shields or health he will receive a stacking buff that increase slash damage and status duration. Any damage taken increase the stacks up to maximum count. At full stacks any damage taken reset the timer of those stacks that slowly decay over-time when no damage is received.

Damage increase per stack: 3 (max. 15 damage at full stacks)

Status Duration increase per stack: 20% (max. 100% status duration)

Maximum stacks: 5

Stack Duration: 10 seconds (At 5 stacks, first one will decay after 10 seconds and second one after 10 seconds and so on until no stack left.)

In Conclusion: Because daggers in the game are not used much or some players use them with Covert Lethality mod for Ash Fatal Teleport build. Rakta Dark Dagger is most used in dagger categoryright now, but still... daggers are not used much. Vendetta can be very powerfull weapon for Ash, because it is slash weapon and can increase status duration even further. Stealth Ash players may have problems with stacking up this passive but it is still good addition. In hands of Inaros or any other front-line frame it can hold up full stacks very easilly and became strong melee weapon. As i mentioned it is slash based weapon only so this can be problem when figting against other than flesh enemies. Status mods can handle this problem as always. Crit chance and status chance allows to choose from variety of builds so everyone can use build that enjoy the most. I am not sure if those stats fit the ballance of weapons so they can be changed in the game. Warframe need more weapons that are not only good looking and are "just another weapon or mastery rank fodder", but also special. As a player I can say that I enjoy weapons with something special the most. Here is my drawing of that dagger and please ignore that arrow cut in the half. I hope you will like it. Thanks. :satisfied:

Here is the picture of Vendetta Dagger 

6USQ1mw.jpg

Edited by Alyes

My idea is basically for a chainsaw as a sword. To better slay the Heretic menace

Name: Orda

Weapon type: Machete

Notes: Effectively, it would have a sword that had chainsaw teeth along the edges of the blade which would spin alongside the one edge. It would be a slow single handed weapon that would compensate for this flaw with high damage and critical stats as it's main selling points, alongside a passive that would increase the damage of slash procs by an additional 50%. 

Will be working on a design soon, but this is the closest i could find while looking around:gallery_49861_4396_169457.jpg

There sure are a lot of good stuff, but I'm going to add my junk to the pile, despite my lack of imagination. (I just really want a staff length scythe with a good stance)

34he4q9.png

Description: Lay your opposition to rest in their grave among the stars.

Grip: can use pole-arm,scythe,and staff stances

requires the tipedo as crafting component, as Tsuki Supedo is clearly a variant

speed 1.25, 0 impact/5 puncture/55 slash, 25% crit chance, 2.5x crit multiplier, 25% status chance

....maybe add a strong aerial attack and the charge attack could be similar to the glave combo where you throw it spiraling around you... also maybe a small bit of innate life steal, 0.5% or something. (also, a combo counter similar to venka prime would be nice)

Is this considered original artwork? You obviously created the original, I just edited it.

Edited by KlutzMeister

On 3/4/2017 at 2:45 AM, 4ever4gotin said:

Weapon: "Gun Blade" / Faction: Cephalon (Semaris/Suda or otherwise)

Name: Patalcor (based off of the swords from Jehuty (Zone of the Enders), Gundam Exia (Gundam 00) as well as a historical Indian sword called the "Pata"

Flavour text: A gunblade that is arm holstered, stored on the backhand side, allowing this weapon to be quick and deadly with calculated accuracy. The ranged attack is a single wide projectile that more accurate than its counterparts but has travel time. Designed in the family of other Cephalon weapons (Heliocor, Simmulor, Gammacor), this weapon offers the scientific precision needed to dissect or obliterate subjects.

Mechanics: Ranged attacks (combo's/charged attack) fill enemies with energy and subsequently killing them with a channeled attack refunds energy to your Warframe based off of the number of scan you have of the target.

v1JDat8.png
FJulYCM.png

Operator, Excaliber, Eliminating the target 

Name: Rikkter

Faction: Grineer (Drekar)

Grip Type: Blade and Whip

Description: A newer design used by Drekar Scorpion troops to latch onto enemies and slice them apart with their dual hooks. A slightly heavier design, but effective for hunting down enemies and neutralizing them quickly.

Stats (subject to change):

Base Dmg: 80

Impact: 15.00

Puncture: 20.00

Slash: 45.00

Spin: 180.00

Leap: 155.00

Wall: 310.00

Channeling Cost: 5

Channeling Damage: 1.5x

Attack Speed: 0.985

Crit Chance: 15.0%

Crit Multiplier: 2.0x

Edited by (XB1)ReapSilentDevil
Needed to post additional content

6 hours ago, Khobi said:

Galahad

Faction: Grineer

Type: Hybrid (devs probably would have a better idea where it fits)

Desc: Rocket lance

Sketchfab Link  (see it in 3d)

Artstation  (other models you can look at)

The Galahad rocket lance was a project I worked on for a personal group in another game however the group had other plans and so the model has been sitting in my portfolio collecting dust I recently decided to reskin it, to make it look grineer and make it all fancy looking for you all. The idea behind it was to have three functions:

Basic lunge: a pretty basic combo of lunges/swings what have you

Dash lunge: rockets boost from behind causing the wielder to burst forward dealing puncture to enemies in path. (the arm and the wielder are protected if held correctly. I can make gesture drawings for an anim if you like)

Throw: Throws the rocket going through enemies in path impaling like a shish-kebab, and when hitting a surface it explodes dealing incendiary damage.

edit: I just added a Grineer skin, and went the extra mile and made a background for my sketchfab, and changed some lighting settings in the 3d preview.

This looks great! Even comes with a 3D model for reference.

Definitely need more rocket propelled grineer weapons.

Faction: Grineer
Grip Type: Nikana (Katana)
Brief Description: While slower and lacking the crit potential and speed of the Nikana series, it makes up for it in status chance and raw damage. It's charge attack explodes in a violent inferno, harming all nearby enemies.

During the charge attack, the weapon will vent and the blade will exit it's sheath glowing with heat, which will cause a fiery blast on contact with a foe.

kGk7LoU.png

I'm terrible at drawing/ designing but brilliant at concepts. Hopefully you designers out there bring something new and innovative. Energy weapons.

IDEAS

• Energy weapons ( Something like excals 4 )
  • Brawling weapons ( Doomfist )
  • Projectile weapon ( Tyl regor )
  • More element weapons ( fire, ice , electric, etc )
  • Bare Hands lul
  • Astral weapons ( Bleach type weapons )

Weapon Grip: Dagger

Faction: Red Veil

The Apeiral Blade is a dagger used by the Red Veil's high level Assassins. Taking many years to craft and enchant the mytical blade, it has the power to absorb the energy of its wielder and replicate the mystical shard and propel it towards his target. During normal attacks is has the potential to shoot out random energy shards, but if the user concentrates he can send out a fully powered attack directed at his enemy.

Apeiral%20Blade.jpg

Brief Description:

This gunblade weapon has long blade and two grapple launchers. Tapping Melee would use the gunblade animation grip. Where as a charged attack would eject graffle hook: Grab the targeted enemy and drag it to the player.

Warframe_weapon_gunblade_01.jpg

Warframe_weapon_gunblade_02.jpg

Edited by XTREME-301
My Original art doesn't pasted

Name: Kruncher(s) (name not definite. I'm OK w/ any name)

Weapon grip: either spear, hammer, or fist gauntlets.

Faction: Grineer or Tenno.

My idea is either a drill spear, drill hammer, or drill gauntlets.

https://www.google.com/search?q=drill+spear&oq=dri&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j35i39l2j69i61j0j69i61.1394j0j4&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=l5wOjl8ineFa0M:

Edited by (XB1)Krimson Klaww

"Paratoid"

Faction: infested

Brief description: A rapier made of intested bone and flesh.
With moderate attack speed because of the infested tissue and small infested organs.
Blocking estimulates the gas glands inside of it and after release it spreads a gas cloud around the player to damage enemies at close range.

High puncture base

medium slash damage

Low impact damage

Medium attack speed

Low crit

Low crit multiplier

High damage

Medium status chance

infested_rapier.png

Edited by Peperino83

Ok tenno here is my submission... It is a basic set of punch knives with a energy drain effect.

Name: Dual Tharien

Stats: Slash 35.5 Puncture 50.0 Impact 4.5 Wall Attack 240 Status chance 25% Spin Attack 170.4 Leap Attack 160 Critical Multiplier 1.25 Critical chance 15% Channel Dmg 1.5 Channel CostAttack Speed 1.20

Effect: On status proc. regenerate 1 energy per second for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times for 5 energy per second for 5 seconds. 

Stances: Any Fist or Dual Dagger stance.

Description: The Corpus hid these ancient blades upon discovering their energy steal possibilities in fear of losing their way of life. 

17098465_1342921225769537_50922518148426

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)KionStelz said:

I just need to find a PC to submit my idea. I'm so excited and hope mine gets picked. I have the names for them and all stats/effects made up. 🙂

Sadly i could only use one of the ideas, the other one was using just one of my idea and just calling it Tharien with a Dagger stance

Name: Daizashi

Grip type: Sword/Dagger (depends on stance mod)

With a dagger stance mod the blade acts as a dagger. With a sword stance mod when swung the missing blade reappears in the form of ether energy with its colour depending on the chosen energy colour, however it stays in dagger form when not being swung. Charge attacks cause a short range, directional blast of energy. Channeling makes the energy blade appears no matter what.

.eJwtyEEOAiEMAMC_8ABAVrHsRzyaBiqLWbaE1pPx73pwjvM2r7mb1WyqQ1bnSpPMs1hRnljJVua6E44mNnN3qIp563SouAAAV7gEnzwkH88J_hVP_pewhBQXd8P5mNjpXkhaPexzVPP5AjFiJf0.OxwQB1g3jlM-bCNAaH_kOQl8NNI?width=355&height=633.eJwtyMENwyAMAMBdGACQS4PJIn1GFlBCFQLC7qv

Name: Tessen

Brief Description (glaive/ throwing melee): A hardened alloy plate war-fan, seemingly harmless from a distance. It was made by the finest Tenno blacksmiths with an intricate but simple design. Used in the Old War, it was a common weapon created to deflect incoming fire, jeopardize metal and flesh alike, and be thrown if the victim plays out of their reach.

Original Artwork (+sketchdump of guinea pig ash):

tumblr_omh8s6t9eq1vtv70bo3_r1_540.png

tumblr_omh8s6t9eq1vtv70bo2_540.png

Edited by (PS4)Talivienne
Making sure the stance is more obvious.

08c8759356e0278b54b311faa4cf24db.jpgAletricx

Faction : Tenno

Type : Sword

Description : Normal swings send a wave of frost and held attacks make a small area of frost with a spin attack, slowing enemies present in the area for a few seconds.

Edited by (XB1)BarmyOwl