Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

P7oqPhE.jpgGylP8pu.jpg?1

This is my first entree. I would like you guys to comments and i know my drawing sucks but everyone got the chance to build something right. So this is mine.What im going here is the same as the Dark-Split sword where we can put two different stances and it changes it form. 

I named it Muramazox a combined sword between Tenno balde and Corpus

the Tenno balde is made from ancient metal  while the Corpus blade are made from Ether or Energy blade

Faction: Tenno/Corpus

Type: Greatsword and dual blade (i.e Dark-split sword )

Damage: Elemental

Greatsword form: Can release elemental proc (ie. ice,fire,gas ect.) at the end of heavy attack. 

Dual blade form: slower, Higher base damage lower status effect chance

Sorry for the ugly drawing.

Edited by Starlight55
Type error

Minor revisions for the Atralax weapon concept for the contest

Revisions:

Faction: Tenno (Energy Tech) to Tenno (Kinetic Tech)

Also it should feature some other things I did not point out from the original idea. Throw attack travel distance 25m/s max 50m, channeled throw attack 100m/s max range still 50m. Channeling mid normal throw attack detonates the shell for the same amount as max range.

Also different original art along with revised shell with a channeled version.

Also original post with details somewhere in page 33 with my terrible first drawing.

Edited by OneCheesyStory
Forgot Page where the original post was.

f7991dfa348b4b515d71e0f735adbb5d.pngName: "Ovdha"
Faction: Tenno
Grip: Blade and Whip

Description: "This Ancient Tenno battleaxe-ropedart combination was a tool used by game hunters to take down their pray. Its massive head allows it to crush anything in its wake, while its dagger can be flung quickly to dispatch weaker foe." 

Its equipped moveset mirrors that of a Blade and Whip, while quick attacks mirror heavy blades like the Scindo. 

Stats:
67.6 Impact
13.4 Slash 
0 puncture 
5% status chance 
3x critical multiplier 
20% critical chance 
1.5 channeling damage
5 channeling cost
.817 attack speed 

Notes: If possible a separate damage for the dagger attacks, i.e. mostly slash/puncture instead of impact. As well as a separate attack speed for better balance. Polarities, crafting materials, and MR requirements are fluid and changeable. 

(Also thanks to (PS4)ratyboycod735 for the lore and stats ^-^)

Name: crystallo (if got better name go ahead)
Type: Blade and Whips                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Faction: Tenno

Stats:
no impack
30 Status
20 critical
slash based                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   1.15 attack speed
2 critical multiplier

Use:

on charge and/or slide attack the warframe will grab the the whip end of the weapon and swing the holl weapon in a large AOE like the cleaving whirlwind broken bull combo (on charge attack it will stay on the spot and keep spinning as long as the E button is being hold down). attack are large area swings and fast movements 

Design: dark purple crystal that is very opaque and slightly see through

this is just a concept so please fill in the blanks

IMG_0178_zps9dzyyitd.jpg

Name: Blaze and Squall

Brief Description: Grip: Dual Swords. This weapon is centered around the idea of twins swords of opposing elements. The primary sword is base Fire and the secondary Cold. When drawn, the blade fills in with its corresponding element. The grips share a majority of the same components, with the tear-shaped hilt shifted to distinguish the swords. The material part of the "blades" are distinct emitters for each elemental. Attacks would alternate between each element allowing for a unique combination of damage types. Mods would work like they do now but with the 1st/3rd element combining with each swords' base element.

I feel we need more gunblades. I looked at a few existing weapons, and thought, "Why not combine two?"
So, now, I present to you all: The Kutlok.

Faction: Grineer.

Brief Description
The Kutlok is a Grineer gunblade that is, quite literally, a Marelok with a Cleaver bayonet. It utilizes the Gunblade stance; its handle is the handhold.

Artwork
siNSD4G.png

It's essentially a mashup of a Marelok and one of the Dual Cleavers, with added lettering. The letters read "KLEEV"; a corruption of "cleave". 

On March 10, 2017 at 0:53 AM, (Xbox One)EtherealExoduS said:

Hm... lets see if Ive got this right (beginner in posting up posts with pics). Sorry for my horrible pic. Im sure if its chosen, the devs could add their own designs to the handle and stuff to make it more "Warframe".

So, Ive noticed that besides the Destreza, we dont have any other Rapier type weapon. At least, something that looks cool... f** that. I like the gammacor concept and feel like we need another rapier weapon, so I merged them two types together. Thus, Orion.

Name: Orion

Type: Rapier

Description: This is Orion, a one of a kind Rapier/Gammacor hybrid. It has a three pronged handle that separates when active (like the Gammacor, and that can be placed on back or on side hip). Nothing special. While active, the orb in the middle makes the prongs release a void blade thats about the same length of the Destreza. It has an ice element to it (it can be changed), so when ground slamming, it creates icicles as aoe damage, and can shoot three times after "puncture puncture puncture". I guess Vulpine mask mod could work, or a new one.

Note: There are small rings (like the ones seen on the sides of the Heliocor) but they are there for aesthetic appeal.

Picture: tmp_7517-2017-03-09%2022.11.53558804277_

Come on, guys...we need to show some love to the Rapier sword class! Its only fair that we add a new stabby sword that can also shoot ice at its enemies! Really! Ground slam creates icicles on the ground for aoe damage! Chance at a stun or freeze! More better than the Destreza. Which just stabs. (And its like a lightsaber, with the glowing blade....lightsabers are cool....xD) I can see the tenno duels now.....

This needs to be in our lives

Created By: NIGHT_STALKERo65 (PS4)

Faction: Tenno

Grip Type: Heavy Blade

Name:  Cruciatus (pronounced crew-key-ah-tus)

Description: This Tenno greatsword is forged from ancient Tenno steel. It measures at least 5-6 feet in length. I imagine this sword being wielded in one hand behind their back as the Tenno are moving about the battlefield. This would, however, require a different animation to be created in order to make it work. When I drew this sword I wanted us to have a more medieval styled melee weapon while providing us with the benefit of it still being an exotic blade.

Note: This drawing was something I created a while back so it's a little outdated.

KzQkUUf.jpg 

Grip type: Gunblade

This is the Judgement, a Tenno energy based weapon. The blade is made of condensed plasma energy to form a solid blade capable of slicing all who come in contact with it in half. Paired with its double barreled compact shotgun, this weapon truly casts "Judgement" on all it faces with swift death.

When holstered the blade pivots down until drawn when the blade swings up. Channel kills will cause the energy feathers in the handle to disperse in a small radius around the player seeking out targets within range dealing radiation damage.

RlkGpU1.jpg

On 3/3/2017 at 1:10 PM, Krhymez said:

I am not the best at art but i have a concept i would like to see.

-Type: Whip /sword "Allow it to use stances from both" or Defiled snapdragon 

-Name: Razor Flail 

-Faction: Tenno

-Damage: Slash

-Special: When using this weapon you get a bonus to resource drops. Similar to how the lecta works for credits. Press "Alt fire" to activate the whip or blade. "maybe allow double stances to be equiped"

Disclaimer.. this is not my art, but an image of the idea of one. if enough people like this post, i will try to draw a Tenno version

Razorflails.jpg

This is a rough idea of the blade. I am sorry but i am not great with making images. If someone likes this idea, they can help build the idea better.

tu0Len4.png

this is not original. this is ivy's weapon from soul caliber 

1 hour ago, DSkycroft said:

I honestly don't care what wins as long as it ain't those Sentient Tonfa's. We have already gotten a new tonfa recently,and they are becoming one of the most OP weapon types.

If you don't want the Sentient Tonfas to win because of powercreep, then that means that you care (to an extent), rendering your statement about not caring about the winning entry self-contradictary, and therefore, not being honest about your feelings towards the contest or it's results. DISCLAIMER: I am not in any way intending to insult anybody, or imply that anyone is being dishonest

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)HotRainbowGirl said:

This is not the only blade/whip out there and it looks nothing like it.

By that logic, every submission here is like every other weapon ever created of the same type.

And no, it is nothing like ivy's weapon, i just looked it up, her whip has blades on it.

What i want is a Sword that can turn into a whip at a press of a button. 

Edited by Krhymez

Just now, skullkid558 said:

I'd like to see spears implemented as a melee weapon, myself. The system for them is more or less in place, why not make a purely melee form with a faster return time?

On that note, please, please fire the broken primary fire on spear-guns in-game now. The inability of the Javlok and Farrox's primary fire to penetrate enemies is sad, especially with invested points in punchthrough.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)HotRainbowGirl said:

Chain swords / Whip Swords have existed long before Soul Calibur so... unless the dude is just posting a trace of one of Ivy's weapons Straight from the game claiming it's theirs .. than they are in the clear

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 2:59 PM, Shufly said:

The weapon: Spahd (Spade)

Stance/Weapon-style: Heavy Blade

Faction: Grineer

Background: Created to honor Grineer of high standing. This shovel (or spade) has been reproduced in remembrance that even the lowliest of Grineer are capable of incredible feats and to commemorate the first known victory over the Sentients by Grineer "forces". This enhanced workers tool comes with Plasma blade tips that cut through ore and rock just as well as it does the wielders foes.

Edit=(I'll be posting some more refined stuff once I can find a scanner. Sorry but the S#&$ drawings will have to do for now till I can get my tablet going). Gotta use that two picture limit!
Edit 2: here's something more fancy... I'll probably edit one more time after this to show a complete concept (after I erase one of the two pics)

YESSSS!

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:45 AM, 4ever4gotin said:

Weapon: "Gun Blade" / Faction: Cephalon (Semaris/Suda or otherwise)

Name: Patalcor (based off of the swords from Jehuty (Zone of the Enders), Gundam Exia (Gundam 00) as well as a historical Indian sword called the "Pata"

Flavour text: A gunblade that is arm holstered, stored on the backhand side, allowing this weapon to be quick and deadly with calculated accuracy. The ranged attack is a single wide projectile that more accurate than its counterparts but has travel time. Designed in the family of other Cephalon weapons (Heliocor, Simmulor, Gammacor), this weapon offers the scientific precision needed to dissect or obliterate subjects.

Mechanics: Ranged attacks (combo's/charged attack) fill enemies with energy and subsequently killing them with a channeled attack refunds energy to your Warframe based off of the number of scan you have of the target.

v1JDat8.png
FJulYCM.png

YES YES YES YES YES YES !