Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

.eJwNzFEShRAUANC9WABCpM0YYWQShttPb97e83s-zg89PaMdnQBt7IT4NFztHg-o3caAY60xB9vSwK7exAJYd96hwCBM822jSjBK6aKV5GzSOlVypSVfhZRMkDaXxRw5wWts8eZ4yhU6biWi_wc_uiig.qEj6Okg9BmyTSQut_CsYm4rWvZQ?width=670&height=469

Page_2_blitz_and_bunker.png

(Huge shoutouts to SSI_Seraph and SSI_Deadpool for helping with digitisation, colouring and presentation)

FACTION: Tenno

BRIEF DESCRIPTION: This weapon utilises dual stances much like the Dark Split-Sword. It is an axe combined with sword and shield. Similar to the Silva and Aegis the sword pulls out from the shield, however, I would much prefer if it were holstered on the back to allow for more fluidity.

The shield expands into the axe when stances are changed and the sword becomes the handle.

STATS: 

Sword and Shield

Attack Speed 1.00

Physical Damage 70

Impact 2.5

Puncture 2.5

Slash 65

Crit Chance 15%

Crit Multiplier 2.0x

Status Chance 15%

Axe

Attack Speed 0.833

Physical Damage 125

Impact 5

Puncture 5

Slash 115

Crit Chance 25%

Crit Multiplier 2.5x

Status Chance 20%

Hello!

This is my melee weapon for the contest.

My idea came from an alternative storyline created by me, this would be a new quest, which would give one of the rewards the weapon in question.

Spoiler

--- 1st Mission: Spy ---

Lotus: - Tenno, we have a big problem! I intercepted Grinner messages… We need help to find out what's going on, maybe Cressa Tal can help us.

--- Relay: Steel Meridian HQ ---

Cressa Tal: - Tenno, I really needed to talk to you... And by your face you should know something… Grineer are mobilizing, something great going on, they reactivated an abandoned factory on Earth, we have no time to lose. Tenno, your mission is to find out what they are really doing.

Lotus: - Grab the files and run away! Be careful, their contingent in the region is huge, something serious must be happening.

--- Mission Complete ---

--- 2nd Mission: Sabotage ---

Lotus: - These files need to be translated, wait a minute Tenno.

Cressa Tal: - Look at this ... It's a weapon blueprint! This is fantastic…

Lotus: - Tenno, I need your infiltration skills, sabotage the fabrication of this Grinner weaponry.

Cressa Tal: - What? Sabotage, destroy? C’mon, we can win this fight with this!

Lotus: - Tenno, Grinner can't have that power. Cressa Tal, please…

Cressa Tal: - AHHH, OK... Tenno, kill them all!

--- Mission Complete ---

(When you complete second mission you will receive a video message from General Kann).

"You are bold Tenno, has much courage in disrupting Grineer business, come, and fight with me, show what you got it!"

--- 3rd Mission: Assassination --- (Boss: General Kann)

Cressa Tal: - I can’t believe it! Kann is alive!?

--- Mysterious message ---

???: @#$% Well, well (*&¨ you working %$!@ with Tenno?

Cressa Tal: Kann!? EHEH, yeah, you know… hard times!

Kann: I was right! You is a shame, traitor!

Cressa Tal: - I will not bow down to Grineer tyranny!

Lotus: - Tenno, only you can defeat Kann, be careful, we do not know what he can do.

Kann: - Tenno, do you know this, AHAHAH!?

Lotus: - Tenno, this is the final version of the weapon you had in the blueprints! Stay sharp!

Cressa Tal: - Sorry, but this weapon is awesome! Take care Tenno, you can lost your mind… or your head!

Lotus: - Tenno, he's very strong, but he does not seem to be so smart, try to make him step on the landmines.

--- Mission Complete --- ( Reward: Grant Blueprint)

TO BE CONTINUED...

aBN1Prk.jpg

J27Q6u6.jpg

In game Description: They say that this is a heavy blade, there is no doubt that it is heavy, but if it is a blade, it is difficult to say. This equipment has a powerful engine, which with the help of gears rotates at high speeds a cutting disc. When the disc is released it becomes a powerful landmine.

Name: Grant

Faction: Grineer

Grip type: Heavy blade

Brief Description: Many will say that it looks like Zenistar... Yes it's similar, but let's focus on the differences and mechanics of Grant. Instead the Zenistar, which launches the disk horizontally, Grant launches vertically, like a circular table saw.

Mechanics

• The Grant engine is activated directly, - What this means? - Don't need to "start", a small incentive is required for the rotation to start, - What incentive? - Well, kill something, then the engine will start work;
  • If you do not use a charged attack, the disc will not be released, the weapon may overheat, (30 kills) this will cause an explosion with the same characteristics of the explosion if the disc was launched, that affect the player, however, if you are close to enemies, they will also be affected;
  • The noise generated by the engine will draw the attention of the enemies of the whole map, no release the disc, and aggro all enimies.
  • Charged attack will launch the cutting disc;
  • After the release, the disc follows a straight trajectory (saw mode) damaging enemies by the way, this trajectory has a limit, 15 meters;
  • After that the disk gains a random trajectory, like when you throw a coin;
  • Lastly, the disc will fall to the ground, and when some enemy steps or approaches, the disk will explode, it will reach enemies within a radius of 7 meters.
  • Every time that you launch the disc, you will stop the engine, 1st kill will make it works again.
  • The disk punch through the force field of nullifiers, only in saw mode, in the landmine mode the explosion is muffled while the nullifiers is near the mine.

Tips: With the use of Reach or Primed reach, (+range to melee attack) It is possible to have more range, both in the straight trajectory, after the launch and in the explosion.

Status suggestion

Spoiler
  • 2x Madurai polarities, one for stance and  other for another mods.
  • 200 slash damage (saw mode)
  • 70 explosion (landmine)
  • Wall Attack: 180
  • Spin Attack: 180
  • Leap Attack: 180
  • Critical Multiplier: 1.5x
  • Critical Chance: 2.5%
  • Channeling dmg: 2.0x
  • Channeling Cost: 8
  • Attack Speed: 0.833

I hope you like it!

This is my submission for the Melee Weapon Design Contest

I'm a fan of fancy Tenno weapons and decided we could use another polearm in the game.

Pros: 

-High Slash and Puncture damage.

-High Crit Multiplier.

Cons:

-Slow Attack Speed.

-Low Impact damage.

Special Ability: Attack Speed increases drastically when Channeling.

Hope everyone enjoys my idea: the Hasuyari  :D 

TQY6IFJ.jpg

Edited by Malagorhai
Misspelled "Puncture"

4 hours ago, HeeroYuy997 said:

Name : Calamity and Prosperity  (one destroys on protects ) (i am not good with names so bare with me :P )

Type: sword and shield (like a silva ad aegis) 

Faction: Ancient Tenno weapon

Lore: A set of weapons used by the ancient tenno long though to be lost. A sword for destroying anything that disrupts the balance and a shield to protect it. 

Explanation of weapons: i had the idea of adding a simple and basic melee combo used for centuries a sword and shield. Now if your question is why ????? we have one... Yes but what we dont have is an OLD not so high tech weapon thats why i made my combo simple to seem old as the lore(my lore) suggests. Something like a first type of melee tenno used by copying old ancient weapons humans used :P  .   The point of the weapons is at least for me to give me something more medieval like for fanboys such as myself. We already have katanas so why not an old good sword and shield combo. ??? Now about how someone would get it i am not sure??? i dont think DE would make a quest about a single weapons but maybe if it went side by side with an old knight like tenno (Medieval fanboy heavy breathing)  .......  or maybe a drop in orikin like current prime weaps.....

Stats.....

Well i am not sure but i think it should be a bit in the slow side with a heavy punch. Playing with it more defensively. instead of running around with it... like waitting to get swarmed and then give a nice and good hit with your old heavy sword to finish of those stupid enough to come close ;) (maybe give a mobility debuff to the frame too since it and old and heavy ancient weapon )  

I know its a simple sketch but well cant do better than that :(

Maybe, as weapon special, it could store a counter for each attack blocked. When a certain amount of counter charges were gained, the blade would be enflamed like the shield and it would release a wide, status heavy aoe attack on the next charged attack, regenerating a percentage of your maximum life while doing so. In exchange, like you said, it would impare your movement speed for a small amount.

Edited by Gemenai

I dont have the time to make something but a double sided sword eg dark split sword but both blades be equal in length would be cool. The blades would be single edged and straight with them facing the opposite directions.They would join at a small guard that barely sticks out and has a two handed grip between them. This would be held and used similarly to the orthos but if possible split into two separate blades, either mid mission or by changing the stance mod, that would if possible be held and used backwards. NAME: Windshear as with each swing the very air is cut. STANCE/WEAPON TYPE: Polearms znd if possible dual swords. FACTION: Tenno.Colours: silver blades with black and blue finishes on the back of blades and guards, black leather grip with dark gray or silver spiral going around it. Also a better name would be appreciated, shame dont have time to make it.

BrNlhka.jpg

Meet Enwhiss. A short sword with an energy whip that generates from the handguard. The blade itself features a higher slash chance from the barb on the blade. The energy whip adds reach and a higher impact chance. Why the name "Enwhiss?" "En" is from Energy, "whi" from Whip , and "ss" is for Short Sword.

Edited by wyvern713
Addition to description

Faction: Infested

Brief Description: Pestilence is a Whip that dose mainly Viral damage with a small amount of Impact. It was a Depiction of the Scales of Justice before it got taken over by the Mutigen. When it rests on your back it looks like Scales.

EyRYjZ2.png

C1sneIU.png

On 18/03/2017 at 1:23 PM, (Xbox One)BulletMagnetXL said:

untitled_by_bulletmagnetxl-db2ngag.jpg

untitled_by_bulletmagnetxl-db2nga5.jpg

Name: Retribution

Grip: Gun blade

Faction: Tenno

A heavy hitting gun blade of Tenno design.  created to compliment the aesthetic of the syberis rifle. Mediocre damage is offset by its high crit stats. Rewards a skilled shot. 

Attack speed  ~0.85

~80% puncture
~5% impact 
~15% slash

20% crit chance 
3x crit damage

I like this, similar to the sweet looking rifle gunblade on page 29 but as a pistol grip and with a more Syberis lean to it :)

On 25/03/2017 at 11:28 AM, SpikeBattlefire said:

I very much like the rapier weapon type and I feel as though this is the best one to join the rapier weapon type. This would at least give the rapiers some variety to choose, even if that is only one more.

Thanks for the support! I've loved slash based rapiers for a long time and they're sorely missing in games it seems atm (especially the beautifully hilted historical designs of the era!). 

Edited by JlocksJedi

603c4a852fd85a4722b1161ad311f5463cbb14c4.jpg

95056ba86895d13da2fd50ebad67662a1ec16d80.jpg

Weapon name-Praesidium 

Faction-Corpus 

Grip type-Prova grip with a Duel Tonfa style.

Description-High electric status with slight impact damage.Holding the block button will create a solid electric shield that will block all forms of attacks including projectile's and enemies that come into contact with the shield will be bounced back.Jumping and holding down the attack button will create a stationary shield.

• Name -  Cambio
  • Faction - Tenno
  • Grip Type - Claws
  • Description -  I devised a weapon of claws' form.                                                                                                                                                                                                                Since the beginning of mission,  this changes the outward appearance whenever the amount of energy spent by it becomes 100                                                (total twice trancsform, maxium energy 200 cost)                                                                                                                                                                                       The claws are fatal and fast.                                                                                                                                                                                                                           So their change in external form increases a damage in a fatal blow and a speed of attack.                                                                                                                 There are three kinds of the external form.                                                                                                                                                                                                   Each of them was devised according to the concept of the meaning of claw , that is, animal's claws.                                                                                                So, I ended up devising them with reference to the claws' form which one-claw birds, two-claw birds, and three-claw birds have.
Cambions.gif?type=w2Warframe.jpg?type=w2

On 3/3/2017 at 5:05 PM, Houndoom45 said:

here is a quick full-length scythe for you all.

I'm terrible at names so I'll leave that up to DE, if they want to use this. Because of its size, it would most likely have to use a polearm stance and grips, as for the design it is of tenno origen. The weapon, in game, I would image to have relatively high base slash dmg as well as some puncture, not terribly much impact if any, its speed would probably be something along the lines of bo's or reaper prime's.

The blade would come down (like in the sketch) when the weapon wasn't in use as well as it would most likely have to shrink in lengthwise as well (much like how orthos shrinks slightly when it's not equipped)

uwydZHS.jpg

We already have a tenno scythe

okay, my submission, take it for what it is, the colors are somewhat placeholders, energy is purple, I recolored some for better definition of the weapon

faction: Tenno
Stance: polearm
Twin Crescent

This tenno polearm lends itself to an ancient design, though with some artistic flair all it's own, swept for slashing and cleaving the blades are perfectly capable of thrusting as a spear as well as rending and catching weapons in a defensive manner. Named for it's distinctive profile the three bladed polearm follows a most basic of ninja principles, hide a second strike within the shadow of the first. The ring on the opposing end works as a bludgeon when necessary and also in skilled hands allows the wielder to swing the blade even wider, to open up some space when in need of breathing room.

twincrescent.gifTwin%20Crescent.png

(3d model and animation generated in second life, though I did create a mesh model for the blades using blender)

Edited by Tymor

8gfcPaJ.jpg

Grip Type: Fist/Gauntlet or whatever its called

Description: This weapon has shields placed on the Warframes forearms. There would, when unequipped, be at his hips as if it were holstered pistols. When equipped, the Warframe would place the forearm onto the shielded part of the weapon, magnetising to one another so it sticks. The blades then depart and split, connected to each other via an electrical energy. Punched would make the front blade slice through, so since its attacks are based around the slashing and rendering of he opponent, this weapon would be higher in slash type damage, and weaker in puncture as well as impact damage. The block i would've liked to be a cross-handed block, but it depends on the effort you'd be willing to place into the animations, however if there is a block that would be suitable for this weapon, i believe it could be good as well.  Im not sure of the gauntlet or fist weapon blocks, which is why i added that it. The strong attack, if possible, would be a slow, sweeping hook shot which would largely extend the blade on the side by a burst extension of electrical energy. This would allow for a longer range attack, which could sweep up multiple enemies with strong dmage in exchange for speed. The spin attack would make the Warframe spread their arms, for a tornado-like attack. Although the electrical energy holds the weapons, i would let you decide whether the damage would also be electrical, mostly because i think of it as just a holder, with the blades doing the work, but it could also be like a blade itself, so that it were sectioned between the physical and electrical blades.

14 minutes ago, Tymor said:

okay, my submission, take it for what it is, the colors are somewhat placeholders, energy is purple, I recolored some for better definition of the weapon

faction: Tenno
Stance: polearm
Twin Crescent

This tenno polearm lends itself to an ancient design, though with some artistic flair all it's own, swept for slashing and cleaving the blades are perfectly capable of thrusting as a spear as well as rending and catching weapons in a defensive manner. Named for it's distinctive profile the three bladed polearm follows a most basic of ninja principles, hide a second strike within the shadow of the first. The ring on the opposing end works as a bludgeon when necessary and also in skilled hands allows the wielder to swing the blade even wider, to open up some space when in need of breathing room.

twincrescent.gifTwin%20Crescent.png

(3d model and animation generated in second life, though I did create a mesh model for the blades using blender)

A bit dark to see the 3D model)

Hi!

This is my first weapon creation or any creation i've ever done for a competition but i hope this will suffice, keep in mind that i don't have a drawing tablet at the moment and most of the design tweaks were edited with a mouse.

Name: Cease

Faction: Sentient/Orokin

Grip Type: Gunblade

Forged in the heat of battle, this weapon was built using parts of a broken Sentient blade mixed with the devastating fire power of an Orokin weapon. The barrel feeds off of the blade's energy causing it to now shoot 3 shots of beams instead of bullets and also allowing it to have an unlimited amount of ammo. The speed of this furious gunblade can even make the toughest of foes ceasefire.

The Gunblade retracts into a dagger shape that can attach onto the waist, unholstering it will reveal the blade and barrel on the opposite sides of the hand 

I apologize if the quality of the image isn't as great compared to everyone else's and i'm not completely sure if this entire weapon design is still original or not, it was pretty much a broken war mixed with a sicarus prime. No matter the outcome i wish everyone else good luck and i'm excited to see who's weapon design gets implemented into the game next!

P.S. i'm still twelve years old :P

Edited by (PS4)TheGLXRetro

Weapon Name: Etheria

Weapon Type: Rapier

Etheria is a rapier that harnesses the power of both parallels and opposites. A split Ying Yang surrounds the grip as a guard, which is also molded to comfortably fit the hand for combat. It has a special charge attack where the wielder dashes forward and inflicts guaranteed bleed and procs the elemental combo most lethal to the enemy hit in addition to elementals equipped on the weapon. This weapon has no impact damage and has high crit(30% perhaps) and low status(5-10% perhaps).

0pGLwOM.jpg

Hope you like my handy work. I decided to add in shadows and lighting lol. Top drawing is front-side angle and bottom is back-side angle(the grip).

warframe_melee_concept_by_tavahka-db3mh3 

Brief Description: This is an unnamed short-sword (I leave that up to you guys) that can be sheathed to the Warframe's left arm and when drawn, both sword and scabbard can be used (similar to that of Silva & Aegis)

Stance Mod: It is best used with the Eleventh Storm Stance 

Attributes: Due to this weapon being a Scabbard and Shortsword, attacks are rather quick, and instead of a shield, defense in lower than other weapons when blocking and the short-sword has lower reach. But the main part of the weapon is what happens when channeled. the sword produces an energy blade that deals more damage and increases the reach of the weapon itself, not only that but if this weapon has an installed elemental mod, the channeled blade increases the chance of said damage (though not shown, the channeled blade also shows the elemental damage in itself)

PS: If this weapon is chosen, you have permission to alter the look of the weapon to better fit the game.

Edited by Arther_Pendrak