Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

Faction: Orokin

Grip Type/Stance: Scythe/Whip

Scale size: Length is 8 Ft. or Relative to the size of the "War". Thickness on the blade is about 4 inches. Blade Spread is about 3.5 to 4 Ft. Rope length is 22 Meters.(If you need more scale measurements send me a message on Warframe forum or comment on my post)

Brief Description:The "Ankhor" is a multi-stance weapon which entails this weapon has two stance mod slots. It does not have to have two stance mods on at the same, but is limited to the stance that is equipped. The first state maneuvers like the "Reaper Prime" and operates off of Momentum, getting faster with each swing. When Weapon is fully equipped and the block and channel buttons are both pressed the The "Ankhor" fires an anchor-like blade at foes slicing them in half which then swaps over to the whip-like state. In this whip like state the"Ankhor" Moves very slow, but in return increases speed and Damage with each swing until full momentum has been achieved. When the Block and channel buttons are hit again the blade is then retracted back into the first state causing any foes to be sliced in half or pulled to you, ultimately leading into a finisher.

Passive/Specialty: When weapon is holstered in the whip-like state, blade drags behind knocking down enemies, but also reduces warframe's travel speed. This weapon can also be used in Archwing Missions.

Edited by (XB1)The Addjer
Figuring out how to post my pictures

11 hours ago, Thanax said:

Ferio & Manus

Faction: Infested
Brief Description: Sword & Shield grip. Ferio and Manus are named after their Latin definitions.

Manus is a shield meant to resemble a living, docile, infested organism while dormant. When in use, it becomes an over-sized, clawed forearm that looks as if it has engulfed the Warframe's forearm and not simply mounted on top of it.

Abilities:

While blocking, the “Hive” portion could spawn localized environmental hazard bubbles on attackers similar to Hive Sabotage.

Or,

If not a miniature hive, charge attacks could send out tendrils in a wide cone that pull in nearby enemies just as the weapon swings.

WPbRa6m.jpg

WhKUKmP.jpg

GOD DAMN that looks awesome and bad-&#!

Faction: Grineer

Brief Description: The Jadglanze, a Grineer drill-spear using the Pole-arm grip-type.

After witnessing the damage the Spira Prime daggers did, the Grineer decided to emulate the effect. However, they decide to go one step further; re-purposing a huge drill bit and mounted it onto an industrial engine and called it the Jadglanze.

The Jadglanze will puncture armor and if spun, will slash through flesh. Creative wielders may use any impaled bodies as a giant club to knockdown foes.

Concept Art:

d4lPh5e.jpg

DxRPkiG.jpg

3 hours ago, CornCreed said:

Faction: Grineer

Brief Description: The Jadglanze, a Grineer drill-spear using the Pole-arm grip-type.

After witnessing the damage the Spira Prime daggers did, the Grineer decided to emulate the effect. However, they decide to go one step further; re-purposing a huge drill bit and mounted it onto an industrial engine and called it the Jadglanze.

The Jadglanze will puncture armor and if spun, will slash through flesh. Creative wielders may use any impaled bodies as a giant club to knockdown foes.

Concept Art:

d4lPh5e.jpg

DxRPkiG.jpg

That would be awesome xD

Name: Paradigm Shift.

Faction: Infested/Orokin

Grip type: Sword, With Dual Sword Capabilities

Origin: A Bi-product of a failed infested experiment on an ancient Orokin artefact. The Paradigm Shift Steals the lifeforce of whoever shall use it.

Summary: The Paradigm Shift is a standard sword which steals the life of its user, draining approximately 0.5% health every second. You must get melee kills to fulfil its bloodlust and restore the lost health as well as being granted random buffs. This sword can be split into two by blocking,  doubling the HP drain but also doubling the critical hit chance.

tztZaAn.jpg

Edited by Vasorax

Verstraal:

Summary:

A reawakening Tenno Cult once drove these blades through the flesh of countless enemies.

LORE:

A Verstraal’s blade is infused with fine argon crystals cut to extend their half-lives to around 5.7 billion Earth cycles. These crystals make the blade radiate a form of artificial void energy frying sensors, robotic data banks and other circuitry making it difficult to collect data on any tenno using it. Ships which have been attacked by a tenno using a Verstraal remain irradiated and effect any who come on board and causes ship systems to malfunction. Grineer who become irradiated make claims of seeing ghosts and hear screaming indicating visual and auditory hallucinations. Corpus proxies start to malfunction and become unpredictable due to the radiation destroying their circuits. The radiation also causes infested tissue to become disconnected and unable to receive commands from hives, long term exposure can make them completely unresponsive to any form of light, sound, or movement. The radiation is not pure void energy as sentients are still very capable of adapting to it. The radiation also quickly disperses when in contact with pure void energy making tenno completely immune but remains effective enough on corrupted enemies. A Verstraal is for a large part made of an oxium-alloy making it extremely light and easy to swing while retaining an incredibly deadly reach.

Stats:

Type: Heavy Blade (Great Sword)

Attack speed: 2.0

Dmg: 150.0 (Rad+Slash)

Crit. Chance: 20.0%

Crit. Multiplier: 2.0x

Status Chance: 30.0%

Reach: 3m

Stagger: No

Special: Causes Rad. Proc AoE (7m) on finisher

KP01VnI.jpg

I wanted this weapon to at least appear somewhat functional if replicated in real life. Hens the inclusion of a cross-guard and parrying daggers. I was never a fan of the unrealistic and over the top door-sized swords and chain-mail bikinis you see in many other games. I tried to replicate the tenno art style as best I could (Sorry for bad lotus symbols) by looking at unused concept art and integrating into more realistic medieval weapons. I feel i had to keep the sword sci-fi and believable. I really like using radiation as my elemental dmg and really wanted this weapon to deal radiation. As for the lore I wanted this sword to sound like something a grineer would have nightmares of.

Edited by Endrogue
spell corrections and added inspiration

Faction: Infested
Brief Description: ( Name: Brachyura  ) Its a Infested crab claw capable dismembering its foes when it snaps, yet this weapon is a fist puncture type with a low slash damage ( Stance = Fracturing Wind ). The hand/fist of the player is inside of this infested crab claw ( just like the Furax ).m1oSNn4.jpg

Faction: Tenno

Description: The Weapon in Question (name yet unknown) is a combination of dual-Daggers and Akpistols. The Idea is to use basic Dual-Dagger Grip while using the daggers and changing to standard Akpistol upon secondary fire. while in dagger-mode the guns are Automatic with high Rate of Fire, using the Dagger-Combos with some bursts of rapid fire mixed in, i.e. a Spin-Attack (as visualised in the picture). While using secondary fire the would change into 2 high accuracy, automatic Pistols with low rate of Fire. The main damage should probably be Puncture.

WJSW189.jpg

Aspido

aspido_by_g_haze-db3tg2x.jpg

[Sta.sh Link]

[Aspido]

Faction:

Infested 

Grip:

Rapier

Description:

Starting small and innocuous, the Aspido is an infested rapier that grows with your melee combo as it flourishes in blood. Channeling this weapon and fueling it with energy enhances its ability to consume, further brutalizing its abilities as it utilizes the available supply. 

Meta:

Channeling mods are underutilized. The Apsido, a weapon build for channeling. Ideally having 3 base channeling multiplier. For comparison, Furax Wraith, Synoid Heliocor and Fragor Prime has a 1.8 channeling multiplier as exceptions.

Codex:

This weapon has an insatiable thirst for enemy blood, and your energy. Sate it's needs and it will grow in greed.

Spoiler

I pray to Lotus this won't end up like MR Fodder. :clem:

I will never mind the Warframe artists changing ANY part of the weapon. You guys are awesome! :heart:

Brief Description: 

• Grip-type: Sword & Heavy-Blade
  • The sword can switch forms. I imagined that the Heavy Blade form would either be accessible through Energy Channel or a dedicated button, so it would drain x amount of warframe energy each second. 
  • The idea behind the sword is the fully customisable dmg output ( hybrid grip , Chroma's energy color mechanism and free modding choices), but as it is your decision, I wouldn't go any further into this. 

• In Heavy Form each strike unleashes a short ranged energy wave that deals elemental damage. Both Cleaving Whirlwind and Tempo Royale would have nice interactions with it. 

zkhjv2J.jpg

Edited by Pr1destalker

faction- Grineer

grip- heavy blade

description-  features razor wings that flare out on spin attacks and ground slams, (some stance combos maybe) ejects teeth on spin attacks

dl45gLL.jpg

my favorite ones so far are the Baransu (sparring orbs), Kimera (kuva split sword), and the Grineer shovel:clem:

I can't draw much, so I'll just drop in my idea/wish in text form;

A crit based Tenno halberd would be nice, using the polearm stance obviously. While there are a few polearms, none could be really considered crit based, and on top of that most of them aren't appeasing to me, and if they are (Tonbo) their damage is not that good.

So… I made this at 3 AM a couple of weeks ago because I couldn’t sleep, and I must admit I’ve been too chicken to post it before now, because, well, I’m not exactly good at drawing and haven’t even tried in years. Also, my cat (whose favourite warframe is Titania) stole it and used it as a sleeping spot, so pardon the wrinkle in the middle of the paper *blush*

Grip type: Staff
Faction: created as a fluke by orokin tech
Name: Sourus
Physical Description: an Orokin tree branch and an Earth tree branch, fused together (haphazardly spiralled) around a void key, At the end of the branches are light shafts with floating debris/objects
Obtained through: special quest from Baro Ki’Teer to obtain a “special, void-related artefact”

jYBgSCg.jpg

Text on image/weapon effects:

Note: A 4th fragment is missing from the blue glow/light shaft, I couldn’t decide what from the void would be most fitting to give energy/sec, I was thinking a piece of a death orb but…

“Rumours of an Orokin Tower, pulled by greedy intrudets, crash landing in the lush woods of Earth, its treasure hidden under thich branches and vines, for none have ventured close enough to find… (Sourus)”

Staff, earth tree fused with void tree, void key stuck in between, green glow from wood half, silver glow from void half

Effects:
When held: Fragments stuck in glow randomly dislodge to orbit warframe. Each has its own effect:
Flowers: +skill strength (Power)
Twig: +health/sec
Mirror: deflect ranged
?(couldn’t decide 4th fragment): +energy/sec

Heavy attacks: Chance to open a “rift” to earth (summons kavat) or void (summons orokin drone). Summoned “pet” will attack your enemies. If they survive long enough to kill those around you, they will attack you. If you walk “through” rift, minor health boost (earth) or energy boost (void)

Channeling: All floating fragments swirl around your warframe, all effects active.”

Way too big closeup image: 

Spoiler

dpI4P8l.jpg

Concept and quest:

Spoiler

So, the idea was as follows: A Grineer attempt to invade an Orokin tower went wrong and the tower shifted, and half crashed, half melded into a forest on Earth, far to the north. Rumours of the event have existed for a long time, but since there were no survivors of the incident (the Grineer base completely disappeared, perhaps it was shifted into the void), and the location was remote, there has been no official investigation by any faction. From time to time, strangely fused objects do appear on the markets, though most have been revealed as fakes. This strange staff’s intact void key seems to give it some strange properties, and the object can not be ruled out as the real deal, prompting interest by the Tenno. There are indications that multiple of these staves are in existence, perhaps originating from the same, enormous, fused tree.

Tenno can get the weapon through a mission offered by Baro Ki’Teer, which has you 1) go to a colony and hear the myth, after helping them survive an onslaught, 2) fight the Corpus for intel in the Index, 3) fool Darvo and Clem into helping you steal a “missing, valuable Grineer artefact”

When the quest is complete, Baro Ki’Teer is disappointed with the staff, and tells you to keep the useless thing. If wearing the staff when visiting Baro again later, he will tell you to get that cursed thing out of here lest it shifts the entire relay into the endless void.

On to the 3-AM-ramblings…
Further implications, quests and mini-raid:

Spoiler

The staff will unlock the first of several (4 or 5?) clues in the Codex. Subsequent entries will be obtainable in later patches. Unlocking all the clues will, down the line, give you the location of the Fused Tree and the Fused Tower, a 2-man mini-trial, designed to teach players who are new to trials how to solve puzzles and work together.

Some inhabitants on relays and in colonies, with ancestry from the far North, have started believing that the fused tree might be the holy tree, Saiva Muora,  from ancient legend, since it is “connecting the earth to the heavens”, prompting others to see similar imagery from legends of their own ancestors’ mythologies in this discovery as well, and as a result, every single syndicate is looking for the destination, the “underworld”, the insides of the Orokin tower, which contains massive archives, for their own reasons, New Loka’s reasoning is that the existence of the tree validates the mythos of the ancient humans and the archives might advance the cause, Steel Meridian want to find and save the Grineer outpost settlement that disappeared, Arbiters of Hexis hopes for more info about the origins of the Tenno, Cephalon Suda wants to download all the knowledge, the Perrin sequence wants artefacts for trade, the red veil wants to purge the location, but not before they’ve uncovered data pertinent to saving the system from corruption from the archives.

Every week you can choose to do a quest for one of the syndicates, (or rather buying the blueprint to create the key to the mini-trial from them the first time that week automatically gives you the weekly quest too) to go into the fused tower trial. Completing the quest will grant you a 6-day buff which allows every opened relic to grant you 2500 (?) Syndicate Standing towards the Syndicate you did the quest for, moderately alleviating the grind to obtain new relics (since you can buy new relics from that syndicate for the standing you gain).

Completing the mini-trial can grant you fused emblems and “baby-arcanes”, fused arcanes not meant to out-class or compete with the other trial arcanes but nonetheless useful for players who don’t have the regular ones. Perhaps they come with their short-duration buff also containing a debuff? Say... boost to power damage, but your shield is drained? Etc.

Name: Velgam

Weapon Type: Tonfas

Faction: Corpus

Description: Originally a prototype from the earliest days of the Corpus. It uses magnetized gateways along the main body to spin the main shaft at high speeds, allowing it to bore into rock and punch through metal. However, it was quickly abandoned when they shifted completely to energy-based tools, making it useless to them.

(Note: I suck very hard at drawings so instead I opted for 3D models instead)

0WcwaSP.jpg

Name: Shini Yurei

Faction: Tenno

Weapon Type: Dual Swords

Description: These two poisoned swords will bring quick and painful death to the enemies.

The swords are dealing mainly Slash and Toxin damage, with low Puncture and Impact damage. They have high attack speed and critical strike chance. They are using the Swirling Tiger stance for Dual Swords melee type. When perfroming a charge attack, the Tenno moves his arms back, and suddenly charges, dealing damage to all enemies in a straight line. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-gsUF5YO0VvM2s4Q0tTSnRYWkk/view

Edited by StealhBlade

i'm not that good at drawing, sooo... heres what i got:

Faction: sentient
Brief Description: "A sentient scythe that was used to eradicate any who opposed them." Uses the scythe grip-type. Each swing causes a crescent shaped energy-slash (similar to excalibur's exalted blade energy slash, but doesnt travel forward); while charge attacking, the tenno holds it high above their head and do a reaping-like motion and finally slams the scythe to the ground, creating a line of slashes in front of them. Range mods increase the energy-slash size and the range of the line of slashes. A high status, high crit, high slash damage but very poor attack speed weapon.
Design Idea:
DA4jzH8.jpg

sorry if someone already uploaded this idea, i can't read all 96 pages XD

On 3/26/2017 at 9:00 AM, Tnecniw said:

A bit dark to see the 3D model)

apologies, while I would normally just adjust the brightness or otherwise modify it, I haven't found a really good way to translate video into gif without having to either jump through a number of obnoxious hoops or pay someone money. So I found a way to convert them into frames and then added them frame by frame to create the gif. Fortunately I didn't need -all- 200+ frames. Needless to say adjusting the brightness after the fact would be yet even more long tedious work, might I instead suggest simply increasing your gamma? ^.^

Name: Bancient ( Bane Ancient - Bancient)

Faction: Infested

Description: A whip made of the tentacles of ancients. Secondary fire can pull in an enemy from a short distance. The base damage of the whip depends on the type of crawler doodad attached to it. The basic version can be without element but when attaching a toxic or shock crawler it acts more like the disruptor/toxic ancients. Probably make research for the whip and each of the different doodads.

bancient.png

Name; Song Bird

Type: Nikana

Description: A nikana built off the idea of using sound and air as a weapon. The Nikana when channeling changes shape and resonates with the air around it allowing it to send slicing waves of sound forward eviscerating your foes. This sword has some weaknesses though as in it's channeling wont send sound waves in a vacuum and it is weak against shields. This weapon is strong against armor and flesh using slash damage and resonating with armor allowing it to easily cut through it. Also based on Octavia's color pattern and setup.

Special stance: Singing Lotus- The blade resonates while the wielder uses fast mobile strikes giving the idea that the wielder is dancing to the beat of an invisible song. Places the blade in a sub channeling mode causing it to take on the channeling appearance and every last strike to send out a sound wave to cut opponents.

Note: I am okay with the guard and end being changed because you guys could probably come up with a better look.

Right click to open link

not channeling

Channeling

Edited by (PS4)skyrunner300
found out how to upload pictures

12 hours ago, Warp_runner said:

FACTION

Tenno

WEAPON DESCRIPTION

(Rapier Grip) This style of weapon may seem clunky and unwieldy, but in the right hands it becomes a devastating force. Keeping true to the Tenno aesthetics, the lance still embraces the style of olden weapons from lost ages, whilst retaining it's functionality. While sheathed on the hip it telescopes into itself and in use, expands to it's full length again.

The unique feature of this weapon is the ability (when equipped as primary) to continuously sprint and deal damage, or  "Jousting".

CONCEPT ART

BkMGvPl.jpg

Please let it not be too late for DE to see this. Very, very, much want.

5 hours ago, tankbuster said:

Description: The Weapon in Question (name yet unknown) is a combination of dual-Daggers and Akpistols. The Idea is to use basic Dual-Dagger Grip while using the daggers and changing to standard Akpistol upon secondary fire. while in dagger-mode the guns are Automatic with high Rate of Fire, using the Dagger-Combos with some bursts of rapid fire mixed in, i.e. a Spin-Attack (as visualised in the picture). While using secondary fire the would change into 2 high accuracy, automatic Pistols with low rate of Fire. The main damage should probably be Puncture.

WJSW189.jpg

They certainly look pretty! Really cool idea, too. An akimbo gunblade would be awesome!

On 08/03/2017 at 5:17 PM, XxIngridxX said:

Faction: Corpus

Description/Grip: Latest-a Is a Corpus Heavy Blade, with high eletricity and puncture damage, performing a heavy atack discharges a strong burst of eletricity that chains and stun enemies. (optional:  charge could deal  more damage similar to how Volt charges his powers.)

Latest-a was a Corpus prototype weapon under construction, i'ts construction was halted during an grineer invasion, the engineer behind it dead... a Prodman took it for it's defense, he got out alive, but now the sword lies in the hand of the Tenno, who knows now that the prototype is unstable and even more deadly...

warframe_contest__corpus_heavy_blade_des

I like this. Maybe the burst could happen on crits, it would make that aspect of the weapon more random, which works with the whole "unstable prototype" thing.