Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation Heads Up

drakegt

It would be nice if there was some advanced notice from DE about what a clan should do to prepare for an event. After culling inactive members, my clan was eligible for a downgrade, but its too late to do that now. 

In the future, I'd appreciate a few days notice to get things in order before everything just gets locked in. OR, start the event and have a days grace before the size of the clan is locked. Right now, my clan is a little bit shafted. We're technically a shadowclan with 3 active members. This happened because we grew to accommodate more people, but those people have since left. After removing them there's a whopping 3 of us. 

Yes, I should be better about kicking people out and keeping numbers down, but it wouldn't hurt to have a 24 hour period so that warlords can make sure there clan is ready. There doesn't need to be any specifics about the operation, just a notice that clan participation was going to matter. 

5 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

Well we did get a bit of a warning: 

Had basically a week from when that thread was made, but can understand that its not the most visible as most people just play the game and don't check the forums much.

I did see the initial post. And while I new the event was coming, I didn't know what to do to prepare for it because the stakes weren't clear. It said to adjust membership, but gave no reason why. I only kicked people now because it mattered. That's the lil' nugget of information I would've really benefited from. 

If it had said "Btw, you're reward is based on clan size" I would've kicked people earlier. I know for the future that the second an operation is in bound to prune the clan. But future clans might not because they would've missed this event. 

Also, to be honest, this post got meme'd so much I forgot the original purpose of it :awkward:

11 minutes ago, drakegt said:

If it had said "Btw, you're reward is based on clan size" I would've kicked people earlier.

Here's the thing.

It said that it was the first Clan Operation in a while. Logically, you should have looked up what the Clan Operations entailed in the past-- ranking and rewards based on effort from the clan that were scaled to clan size.

You were given warning and you were given enough information to reasonably deduce why you should adjust your clan ranks.

2 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Here's the thing.

It said that it was the first Clan Operation in a while. Logically, you should have looked up what the Clan Operations entailed in the past-- ranking and rewards based on effort from the clan that were scaled to clan size.

You were given warning and you were given enough information to reasonably deduce why you should adjust your clan ranks.

Yes, I could've deduced the information, but whats the harm in being more specific?

Additionally, as far as I know, no other event has been this clan intensive. Rathuum and Shadow Debt merely had trophies, but this event has actually content locked behind it. That caught me off guard. 

28 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

Well we did get a bit of a warning: 

Had basically a week from when that thread was made, but can understand that its not the most visible as most people just play the game and don't check the forums much.

There is an in game news feed. If anything at all this is what it should be for.

]\'[