Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advice - Zarr build needed

Drag0nChaser

Question

So i got one empty slot open and to use this i need to forma 3 times... honestly i got no clue what to do, should i maybe remove infected clip, storm bringer, add 2 mods for crit chance and bladed rounds maybe??, have best of both worlds, status and crit?. Not sure... im happy with the Riven, seems really good.

- Want to use mainly canon mode.

- Canon mode does punch through work?

- Barrage mode has limited range?, just stops visibly?, can i extend range on the barrage bullits?.

For the first time actually i dont know what to do cuzz of the rivens and such. So if punchthrough works, its actually allot more invisible DPS, kind of affraid of re-rolling, multishot, reload speed and crit damage on one mod would make my decision easier...

quGn8NL.jpg

7 answers to this question

some general mechanics and features:

• in Cannon Mode, Status is quite viable, from the many Explosions.
    • Status not viable for Shotgun Mode.
  • Punch-Through does work on Cannon Mode, though you may not enjoy using that via the main projectile exiting the map unintentionally or other issues (probably doesn't explode on impact with an Enemy with Punch-Through either).
  • Flight Speed affects both modes, will increase the maximum Range of the Shotgun Mode.
    • Shotgun Mode has innate Punch-Through btw.
  • Crits are super viable (objectively higher Damage per Shot on average, but not entirely reliable so i can understand some that opt away from Crits) due to many Explosions from Cannon Mode, and Shotgun Mode having many pellets.

Riven not bad, i'd want Multi-shot, Crit Chance, and Reload personally.

this was my status crit zarr...  serration.split chamber.point strike vital sense.3 status element.. and maxed primed bane depend of faction...if u dont have primed banes u can use heavy calibar or riven... punch trough will make zarr bullets to pass trough floor so that is not good... u can also use primed fast hands for better dps

For zarr you want lots a of corrosive and pure damage so i would start with your pure damage mods serration, heavy caliber, and split chamber then move on to status so we want corrosive which is infected clip and storm bringer. Its got a decent crit chance we can work with being 15% with a maxed point strike it's like 37.5 crit chance which apply's to all the cluster bombs created then last mod should be vital sense for some extra crit damage. That's a basic zarr build but since you have a riven i would go for crit chance and crit damage on that to boost your damage significantly. this build takes quite a bit of forma which is the only down side in my eyes.

Edited by (XB1)Patchy Lg

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)Patchy Lg said:

For zarr you want lots a of corrosive and pure damage so i would start with your pure damage mods serration, heavy caliber, and split chamber then move on to status so we want corrosive which is infected clip and storm bringer. Its got a decent crit chance we can work with being 15% with a maxed point strike it's like 37.5 crit chance which apply's to all the cluster bombs created then last mod should be vital sense for some extra crit damage. That's a basic zarr build but since you have a riven i would go for crit chance and crit damage on that to boost your damage significantly. this build takes quite a bit of forma which is the only down side in my eyes.

Ya i think i will remove one stormbringer and put in a crit chance + crit damage mod, but should i go for argon scope or point strike hmm.
Will also try some re-rolls as i did not knew the bullits go through the flour, actually noticed that yesterday... did like no damage lol, even goes through enemies xDDD!!!.

Tnx for the info tenno's.

8 hours ago, Drag0nChaser said:

Ya i think i will remove one stormbringer and put in a crit chance + crit damage mod, but should i go for argon scope or point strike hmm.
Will also try some re-rolls as i did not knew the bullits go through the flour, actually noticed that yesterday... did like no damage lol, even goes through enemies xDDD!!!.

Tnx for the info tenno's.

I wouldn't try argon scope with it simply because hitting headshots with the zarr could prove difficult. I think you'll get more from point strike and just shooting the ground once you get that perfect zarr riven roll

You build for crit. For explosive weapons what seem like they "might" be crit viable - you always build for crit, it was confirmed and tested many times. 

Punch thru may not be necessary, shotgun has it and cannon doesn't need it. Btw I used solid zarr riven with punch thru and I didn't encounter any problems in cannon mode.

Btw don't judge how you wanna use weapon in advance - flexibility of zarr makes it only better, imo you will use shotgun more then canon, canon is good in defenses and when you're clearing mobs from high position /keeping area safe. When you run thru hallways like in most missions it will get you killed more often then not.

Another tip: assimilation nyx doesn't suffer from self damage.