Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Fine Build For [Telos Boltace]

TheLostBeast

Question

I just got Telos Boltace recently, and when I searched online, there are many variations of the way people build the weapon. And I would like a recommend build from you experienced players out there.

Please contribute below and help me through this hardship, thank you.

BTW, my build atm is: (Primed Pressure Point, Primed Reach, Relentless Combination, Drifting Contact, Blood Rush, Organ Shatter, Maiming Strike, and a elemental mod.)

Edited by TheLostBeast

17 answers to this question

57 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

-Primed Presseure Point

-Berserker

-Primed Reach

-Relentless Combination

-Life Strike

-Maiming Strike

-Element 1

-Element 2

Do you mod for the slide attacks or do you actually hit them with the tonfas? 

If you tried to mod for slide attacks, Relentless Combination is worthless. You don't get any combos for when you use the slide attacks. A waste of mod space you could be using for something else.

Life Strike is pointless, you rarely need it. You never need to channel anyway, even in the endgame.

32 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

If you tried to mod for slide attacks, Relentless Combination is worthless. You don't get any combos for when you use the slide attacks. A waste of mod space you could be using for something else.

Life Strike is pointless, you rarely need it. You never need to channel anyway, even in the endgame.

The wave from the slide attack has slash procs which help relentless so I think it's useful 

Edited by Miser_able

27 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

* I use both

* I know this, but as I said before, I use both slide attack and melee.

* Your opinion. I always have it unless the frame has a way to gain health. And since the slide attack range is so huge, you almost instantly heal.

2 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

The wave from the slide attack has slash props which help relentless so I think it's useful 

Relentless Combination:

"+100% combo chance when Slash status deals damage".

The wave from the slide attack does have slash procs, but it does not give a direct hit with the tonfas. You can only get the mod to work if you physically hit the enemy with the tonfas itself, not from the slash proc from the slide attack. 

Therefore, the mod is useless, and you'd be better off using something else for better DMG numbers. See my build.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

You never said you use slide and melee before. Only in that comment. 

Life Strike as being worthless may be my opinion, but you're better off using another mod. You never need Life Strike anywhere in the game. Unless you're terrible and always get hit from enemies and lose health. Even then if that did happen, run away and let yourself heal instead of wasting a mod space.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

Relentless Combination:

"+100% combo chance when Slash status deals damage".

The wave from the slide attack does have slash procs, but it does not give a direct hit with the tonfas. You can only get the mod to work if you physically hit the enemy with the tonfas itself, not from the slash proc from the slide attack. 

Therefore, the mod is useless, and you'd be better off using something else for better DMG numbers. See my build.

You sure? In my tests the slash procs from the wave do activate the mod and do add to my combo counter and I would do more damage as the counter increased. 

Edited by Miser_able

42 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

You sure? In my tests the slash procs from the wave do activate the mod and do add to my combo counter and I would do more damage as the counter increased. 

Yeah. Maybe you're actually hitting them with the tonfas, but I only use the slide attack and never get a combo counter.

56 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

You never said you use slide and melee before. Only in that comment. 

Life Strike as being worthless may be my opinion, but you're better off using another mod. You never need Life Strike anywhere in the game. Unless you're terrible and always get hit from enemies and lose health. Even then if that did happen, run away and let yourself heal instead of wasting a mod space.

You can't run from nullifiers

Edited by (PS4)joshw1400

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

Yeah. Maybe you're actually hitting them with the tonfas, but I only use the slide attack and never get a combo counter.

I know it was the waves slash procs because I would use the slide attack then could stand still and watch the combo counter go up

Wave build: 

Primed Pressure Point

Primed Reach

Maiming Strike

Berserker

Organ Shatter

Condition Overload

Vicious Frost

Virulent Scourge

Combine with Naramon Shadow Step. This gives you Viral procs halving HP, forced Slash procs going straight for the (now 50%) HP and an extra 60%-120% damage minimum from Condition Overload for said Bleed ticks (slash procs), all the while having guaranteed crits on every spin (maiming 90 % + base 10% = 100% crit) keeping you perma invisible, therefore taking negligeable damage. 

Edit: just, please, use a shade of black for the energy color, so you avoid giving team mates eye cancer. Thank you.

Edited by Markerlight
One more tip

14 hours ago, Markerlight said:

Wave build: 

Primed Pressure Point

Primed Reach

Maiming Strike

Berserker

Organ Shatter

Condition Overload

Vicious Frost

Virulent Scourge

Combine with Naramon Shadow Step. This gives you Viral procs halving HP, forced Slash procs going straight for the (now 50%) HP and an extra 60%-120% damage minimum from Condition Overload for said Bleed ticks (slash procs), all the while having guaranteed crits on every spin (maiming 90 % + base 10% = 100% crit) keeping you perma invisible, therefore taking negligeable damage. 

Edit: just, please, use a shade of black for the energy color, so you avoid giving team mates eye cancer. Thank you.

^ This.

Primed Pressure Point, Primed Reach, Maiming Strike, Berserker, Organ Shatter, Element 1, Element 2 are staples.

One slot left: Spoiled Strike ( base damage increase help wave slash procs), condition overload or healing return

19 hours ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

I can confirm that the slide attack wave procs relentless Combination. And you can't tell me that I directly hit enemies with the Telos boltace because the way I use these is bullet jump above a large group of enemies (I do this a lot on Eris Akkad because it clears out the weaker enemies fairly well) and spam the waves on the Telos Boltace (slide-melee in mid air, usually getting 2-3 waves off before i hit the floor). And since the enemies are grouping up, the counter goes goes up really quickly. It is really easy to keep up the combo counter because of this.

Edited by Bulbachi

9 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

^ This.

Primed Pressure Point, Primed Reach, Maiming Strike, Berserker, Organ Shatter, Element 1, Element 2 are staples.

One slot left: Spoiled Strike ( base damage increase help wave slash procs), condition overload or healing return

Oh, my, i love this build, but too bad i don't have a condition overload, way too hard to farm, :/

On 2017/3/6 at 5:49 PM, Markerlight said:

Wave build: 

Primed Pressure Point

Primed Reach

Maiming Strike

Berserker

Organ Shatter

Condition Overload

Vicious Frost

Virulent Scourge

Nice build, i have all the mods except condition overload :/