Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix Mutagen Droprates!!!

CrazyCatLad

Seriously.....1,360 kills in one mission and they only drop 1 mutagen sample.

Eris Infested Salvage. Fix it DE.

qxz620j.jpg

Don't even get my started on the stupid RNG you added to this game mode that has only granted me one Nidus piece out of about 9 eligible rounds (8 games played; this game I went to Round 8.) Forcing me to Synoid Cheese because of the RNG layers you add to grindy game modes.

EDIT: Yes I know where mutagens drop more frequently. Even more, the single mutagen I got was probably from a crate I destroyed at the spawn. Even further solidifying my point.

Edited by Lanieu

If you want mutagen samples, go to the event or the derelict, mutagen sample drop rate on eris is awful.

So is the drop rate literally anywhere else.

I've done the event (completed and got 2000 points) and I still have about ~300 m samples. Yes some places are "better" like OD but ffs. It's only as "better" as getting 1-2 per minute with Nekros and slash weapon.

No sane person should ever farm it with just Nekros, you at the very least need both booster and a full team of your clanmates using Nekr, Hydroid and kavats to even begin to get anything meaningful for a ghost clan.

Edited by Nomen_Nescio

41 minutes ago, DenialBroh said:

Just go to the event, mutagen drop on that is broken, got 250 mutagen and i am on 1274 points.

1 hour ago, (PS4)kaibloodedge1 said:

go to the derelict and bring a nekros it helps. 

1 hour ago, The__Q said:

If you want mutagen samples, go to the event or the derelict, mutagen sample drop rate on eris is awful.

I KNOW!

I know where Mutagens Drop. I've played this cursed game for 4 years. Infested Salvage is on Eris where Mutagens drop and 1 drop per 1300 is inexcusable, broken and slimy.

I'm 1500/2000 points in the Event and have gotten plenty of mutagens. My point still stands and defending DE on a droprate of 1/1300 is sad.

Edited by Lanieu

3 hours ago, Lanieu said:

My point still stands and defending DE on a droprate of 1/1300 is sad.

i kinda gotta agree with this. i mean, ive gotten 2-4 on 5 wave akkads, but that.... that is beyond pathetic

6 hours ago, Moysa said:

i kinda gotta agree with this. i mean, ive gotten 2-4 on 5 wave akkads, but that.... that is beyond pathetic

I've  been thinking...I'm not entirely sure the enemies dropped that one mutagen. I'm guessing it was from one of the containers I destroyed near the arena or at the spawn....

:angry: 

4 hours ago, Jobistober said:

I'm confused. You know where samples drop more abundantly, but you don't play those locations and are salty because you're not getting samples?

"More abundantly" my ***. 1 per minute with desecrate Nekr.

26 minutes ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

"More abundantly" my ***. 1 per minute with desecrate Nekr.

Don't split hairs. I'm not speaking to the controversy that is the sample drop rate. I'm only stating a fact. Samples drop in higher frequency on Derelict missions.

1 sample per minute (OD) is better than 1 sample per mission (Eris).

9 hours ago, Jobistober said:

I'm confused. You know where samples drop more abundantly, but you don't play those locations and are salty because you're not getting samples?

I'm farming Nidus parts and Mutagens. Nidus can only be obtained on the Infested Salvage node where infested spawn like crazy... on Eris... where Mutagens drops. Was expecting at least a 1% drop percentage. 1 mutagen in an 8 round mission is just unforgivable. I'm not insane enough to play Infested Salvage just for the fun of it - because it ain't fun. Mutagens dropping from it should at least make up for the tediousness of the gamemode and the RNG DE inflicted on it.

It's not complicated. Mutagens should drop equally from all infested nodes on Derelict and Eris. And not sure if DE changed it but infestation missions should drop them too at frequent/NORMAL rates.

I mean, some resources should be factional instead of regional but that's a different argument for a different thread.

Also, not salty. Bitter as Hek at DE for their constant :poop: 

Also, also, answer me this seriously. Why would you ever defend a 1/1360 drop rate for mutagens (keep in mind I probably got the mutagen from a crate so the drop rate on that node is 0% for enemies)? Why? Answer it in full detail. It's absurd to defend that regardless of where else mutagens drop.

Edited by Lanieu

Sad thing is, even if they put the same drop rate for mutagen sample on Eris as it is on Derelict, it won't do much for the insanity that is 5000 mutagen samples for ghost clan.

It will be the same ''10 times everything else in Bio Lab combined''.

Making mutagen samples drop on Eris with the same rate as on Derelict will only diversify the grind slightly.

But even that they are adamant to leave as is, and there are quite a few people who try and defend it with ''go to derelict''.

What was the problem with Void again? Why do we have these fissures? It rained prime parts in the void.

Oh, and why Greedy Pull got a nerf if we are supposed to get 2 boosters and let Pilfering Swarm Hydroid kill everything while Nekros is busy Desecrating?

You were playing mirage with a simulor, that's why the drop rate was so bad. lol

Joking aside the drop rate outside the derelicts really is WAY too low. (It's still too low there too but that's another controversy and is mostly too low due to the Hema's cost.)

DE really needs to start listening to the community as a whole and changing things that have a majority of people in agreement on. (Like making research costs and events more friendly to all clans, instead of looking into nerfing gas+stealth which has barely had any attention paid to it by comparison.)

7 hours ago, Jobistober said:

Don't split hairs. I'm not speaking to the controversy that is the sample drop rate. I'm only stating a fact. Samples drop in higher frequency on Derelict missions.

1 sample per minute (OD) is better than 1 sample per mission (Eris).

No it's not unless you run a full farming squad with boosters.

Since no one ever said wow dem I'm so lucky to get 20-40 mutagen samples, way to go

Farming m samples is ineffective regardless of location unless you literally have no life and have >3 clanmates just like you.

Edited by Nomen_Nescio

6 minutes ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

No it's not unless you run a full farming squad with boosters.

Since no one ever said wow dem I'm so lucky to get 20-40 mutagen samples, way to go

Farming m samples is ineffective regardless of location unless you literally have no life and have >3 clanmates just like you.

I'd just like to say I farmed mutagens with my friend on ODS and we managed to get about 160-170 each every 20 minutes with pilfering hydroid and nekros (that was with a booster though, so you can cut that in half for the actual number) but even then it's WAY too slow for a certain research cost, unless your clan is full and you're all participating in the farm.

On 3/7/2017 at 8:30 AM, Nomen_Nescio said:

So is the drop rate literally anywhere else.

I've done the event (completed and got 2000 points) and I still have about ~300 m samples. Yes some places are "better" like OD but ffs. It's only as "better" as getting 1-2 per minute with Nekros and slash weapon.

No sane person should ever farm it with just Nekros, you at the very least need both booster and a full team of your clanmates using Nekr, Hydroid and kavats to even begin to get anything meaningful for a ghost clan.

It nevertheless is still a viable option to farm them no?

it's not like a single biological class weapon in our arsenal needs as much mutagen sample as we do Rubedo for so many other things in the game. The only one weapon I can think of that literally goes to your point is Hema...... Every other bio-weapons need about 100 - 200 mutagen samples (including ones that we'll convert to mutagen mass for the final product) which can be easily farmed through derelicts.

Been getting consistent 30+ per run without boosters if I break most containers (Primed reach Orthos Prime = :clem::heart:) and even more if enemies drop em at times.

But yeah, the drop rate is not really a problem per se (though I'll welcome increased drop chance any day), it's more about that 5k hema research requirement...... 

6 hours ago, Tsardova said:

But yeah, the drop rate is not really a problem per se (though I'll welcome increased drop chance any day), it's more about that 5k hema research requirement...... 

Yeah, the drop rate would be fine if DE didn't make this erroneous 'error' and claim: "Nope, nothing wrong here! Buy the weapon with plat, ya casuals!"  

And the drop rate has been fine for 4 years (I'm aware mutagens weren't always in the game) but DE man. They just continually do stuff wrong forcing outrage. In their defense, they sometimes apologize and make it right but usually not immediately.

14 hours ago, Lanieu said:

Also, also, answer me this seriously. Why would you ever defend a 1/1360 drop rate for mutagens (keep in mind I probably got the mutagen from a crate so the drop rate on that node is 0% for enemies)? Why? Answer it in full detail. It's absurd to defend that regardless of where else mutagens drop.

I'm not defending anything, I just stated a fact based on how the game actually works. If you're farming Nidus, you're not going to get any samples. I'm not saying it's fine or it's right, that's just they way it is and you and I both know DE isn't going to do anything about it. I actually agree that samples should have the same drop chance no matter what infested missions you run, but fat chance DE changes even that.