Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Timed 'Get to the door' missions...

mosaickle

Question

Is it just me or are they incredibly discouraging?

They always appear quite deep in the mission and it's either a win or loss, if you don't make it the first time you fail the mission, and they don't give you any direction as to how to get to the end or even start. Like I get this far in the mission and lose to some mobility trial that you have to do perfectly the first time? Probably the most discouraging thing in this game I've come across so far in Warframe

18 answers to this question

... I mean, if you're talking about the Orokin mobility trials, they are trials. Randomly spawned trials. The hint, I think, is in the word "trial".

It was frustrating until I learnt how to best navigate the trials, if I found them during my missions. The only ones that frustrate me these days are the Derelict ones, because lo and behold, I haven't run them enough to learn how to effectively navigate them and thus beat the trial. Practise makes perfect. (Especially when you not only learn the trials but you then learn how to best cheese them for maximum effect. There is one trial you can cheese by destroying every laser plate and outright skipping a small section, making it ridiculously easy, but if you don't practise it, then of course you never learn it and it always seems hard.)

And it has never been discouraging, because the goal of any mission was never to go in and only do the trial room. Things are discouraging when they're a specific goal I've set out to achieve and I fail to do them. Mobility trial rooms, though? Nah, that's just a cool bonus and a thirty second distraction from mindlessly blasting enemy factions into outer orbit. So no, never discouraging.

10 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Where is this, exactly? Doing the Ayatan missions?

Yeah

10 minutes ago, Airyllish said:

And it has never been discouraging, because the goal of any mission was never to go in and only do the trial room. Things are discouraging when they're a specific goal I've set out to achieve and I fail to do them. Mobility trial rooms, though? Nah, that's just a cool bonus and a thirty second distraction from mindlessly blasting enemy factions into outer orbit. So no, never discouraging.

Those are fine

It's better than the game straight up failing the mission instantly because someone got detected. I mean, the only modes the timer appears is Spy and Rescue.

It's only Sortie rescues that always trigger the timer. And yeah it's pretty dumb, but once you learn every maps' back doors to the cell, the set time is plenty.

Orokin vaults do use a timer mechanic, but they're not make or break in most situations. Unless it's Ayatan. But, then again, the whole point of the vaults is a time trial so without a timer is pretty pointless.

I do agree that some vaults have problems with telling the player the general path. Like the Derelict vault with the vent down the middle, the first time I ran into it I tried going down the vent and just keep getting pushed back. The door to the vent should be locked at the start, so only the side doors to the actual course opens.

There's also a Void one with a bunch of lifts and drops, where one section is going down a bunch of laser grid. The first time I ran that course I assumed I failed because the disk that looked like a pressure pad got closed in by a dome, but in reality you just have to go down the laser grid hole.

@Atylia: For the Ayatan vaults, your target is in the same room you're in when the timer starts and usually at the opposite end to the entrance. You might have to find your best way to get through the room, but you don't have to run back and search the entire map. ;)

Also, try and search them out in regular void/derelict missions, when mission success doesn't depend on them, so you can get yourself acquainted with their layout.

1 hour ago, (PS4)KittyPrimeGaming said:

Lot's of people have Speedrun build for him.

Check out -N00bShowTek's Youtube Channel, he has a Rhino Prime Speedrun build video in his playlist.

I didn´t know guess you learn something new every day. Interesting vid btw

6 hours ago, (PS4)KittyPrimeGaming said:

With Speed-run built warframes, it should be really easy!

That's what I find discouraging, I make it that far into the mission only to find that it's only suitable for speed-run warframes which is against my playstyle, like I make it that far only to find out that DE wants me to play a specific warframe without hinting at it at all before I start the mission, making everything I did up to that point essentially pointless

6 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

@Atylia: For the Ayatan vaults, your target is in the same room you're in when the timer starts and usually at the opposite end to the entrance. You might have to find your best way to get through the room, but you don't have to run back and search the entire map. ;)

Also, try and search them out in regular void/derelict missions, when mission success doesn't depend on them, so you can get yourself acquainted with their layout.

It's the fact that everything lacks any form of clarity, there's no way to know that it's a speedrun, there's no way to know how to get across unless you have to have to fail a ton of times and it's not really worth the effort doing the mission again just to find out where you went wrong, especially for a low level player like me. I don't have any derelict missions and I only randomly encountered my first one last night, which since is an infested mission, the hitboxes for a ton of the infested terrain is just straight up unfair

10 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

I'm sorry to say that if you think the Ayatan mission is frustrating trial-and-error you're gonna rage-quit the game once you make it to Lua's spy mission.

It just doesn't seem to be worth the effort, especially due to the lack of clarity

4 hours ago, Atylia said:

It just doesn't seem to be worth the effort, especially due to the lack of clarity

Go into recruiting chat and find a veteran willing to show you the ropes of the timed rooms.  There are three in void and two different ones in the derelict (one of which the same as a void one).  The T1 exterminate mission will spawn two timed rooms if you search the whole map for them.

Doing them is trivial once you know how and "speed" frames are not required in any way.