Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Blocking Useful.

Eso233

Put it on a realistic key binding. 

Allow it to completely block melee attacks, and then cause stagger on successful block.

At least have a 75% bullet block chance, (That varies with weapon)

That is all.

Somehow I think a majority of players don't even know they can block.

Yeah, can we make it something that can be useful? Even having access to it without rebinding it, I still think it's abit awkward. But hey, we can always rebind it ourselves. 

Rather than blocking, I'd rather see a dodge system for actually evading attacks through movement. As opposed to the existing rolls that are hilariously slow, don't protect you from getting shot, and don't let you escape if you are surrounded by enemies from every side. Blocking encourages slow gameplay, unless they allow you to block while moving at full speed, in which case a dodging mechanic still makes more sense.

What if they did away with the the current "Block" mechanic entirely, but instead made a melee "Weapon" in form of an energy shield. Tap "E" and the shield energizes, and you dash forward a couple of steps to shield slam someone. Hold "E" to energize the shield and hold it in defensive stance so you can block incoming melee/shots. After X number of shots or melee hits, the shield "Breaks", and you have to wait like 3 seconds to bring it back up again.

What if they did away with the the current "Block" mechanic entirely, but instead made a melee "Weapon" in form of an energy shield. Tap "E" and the shield energizes, and you dash forward a couple of steps to shield slam someone. Hold "E" to energize the shield and hold it in defensive stance so you can block incoming melee/shots. After X number of shots or melee hits, the shield "Breaks", and you have to wait like 3 seconds to bring it back up again.

Unreal Tournament shield gun OP

Blocking with the Kogate, Ankyros, or Furax is nice.
Outside of combat that is.
*Fists raised, boxing pose*

"AND SPIN KICK!"

Bu in combat blocking is...well if you have the stamina to block, you have more than enough stamina to run two steps and slide behind cover and take less damage.

Rather than blocking, I'd rather see a dodge system for actually evading attacks through movement. As opposed to the existing rolls that are hilariously slow, don't protect you from getting shot, and don't let you escape if you are surrounded by enemies from every side. Blocking encourages slow gameplay, unless they allow you to block while moving at full speed, in which case a dodging mechanic still makes more sense.

This would work nicely if this game featured more numerous melee-oriented enemies. It'd be cool to be able to dodge bullets and all that, but considering most of the weapons in the game function on a hitscan basis, you'd basically be giving every frame pseudo-invulnerability if they could do that.

I think one of the biggest immediate steps the devs could take would be to have block provide players with a substantial resistance to knockback effects, but with a huge penalty to stamina for each blocked knockback attack. Something to save yourself some recovery time every now and then, but not enough to save you if you're foolish enough to run into a swarm of runners. More information on the overall effects of blocking would be nice, as well. I discovered that blocking could prevent disruption by chance. One of the most useful aspects of the skill, ever.