Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield Transference nerf ?

(PSN)ARIES-WY

Question

1 minute ago, (PS4)ARIES-WY said:

How does that augment works??? Do I need put a maxed redirection on and get more extra overshield gain? It didn't work in all missions , only 150 shields gain each time I use the ability

NotesEdit

• The amount of Overshield created in a single cast of Shield Polarize is based off the sum total amount of shields removed from all affected enemies.
  • As with standard overshields, Shield Transference can only create up to 1,200 overshield points.
  • Unaffected by Nullifier Crewman fields.
  • Even if no enemies are drained of shields, Mag can still gain Overshields if her shields are full or close to full. The amount of Overshields created by default is just plain number instead of percents (e.g. 15 at min rank, 50 at max) and additionally modified by Power Strength.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Shield_Transference

It may be a bug.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)ARIES-WY said:

How does that augment works??? Do I need put a maxed redirection on and get more extra overshield gain? It didn't work in all missions , only 150 shields gain each time I use the ability

@MagPrime Explained it fairly well. Essentially, once your energy is maxed, you'll gain Overshields when using Energy Vampire. 

Now, my only question is, do you have a Decaying Dragon Key equipped?

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

@MagPrime Explained it fairly well. Essentially, once your energy is maxed, you'll gain Overshields when using Energy Vampire. 

Now, my only question is, do you have a Dragon Key equipped?

Energy Vampire?  That's not in Mag's kit.  Unless I really missed something?

2 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

If it's against grineer then that sounds about right.

You can still gain the 1,200 overshields, you just have to be persistent and spam Polarize. 

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

You can still gain the 1,200 overshields, you just have to be persistent and spam Polarize. 

Spam few times for 1200 shield ? That's big difference with volt 4 th

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Ahh that's why, I figured it was Trinity. I always mix up the names of their shield-based abilities. Whoopsiedoodles, haha.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

Shield Transference only works for against corpus ???

9 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

NotesEdit

• The amount of Overshield created in a single cast of Shield Polarize is based off the sum total amount of shields removed from all affected enemies.
  • As with standard overshields, Shield Transference can only create up to 1,200 overshield points.
  • Unaffected by Nullifier Crewman fields.
  • Even if no enemies are drained of shields, Mag can still gain Overshields if her shields are full or close to full. The amount of Overshields created by default is just plain number instead of percents (e.g. 15 at min rank, 50 at max) and additionally modified by Power Strength.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Shield_Transference

It may be a bug.

Just now, (PS4)ARIES-WY said:

Spam few times for 1200 shield ? That's big difference with volt 4 th

If you spam Polarize in a Grineer or Infested mission, you'll gain 50 Overshields per cast of Polarize.  Check my quote above, you still gain overshields even if there are no shielded enemies around.

Just now, MagPrime said:

If you spam Polarize in a Grineer or Infested mission, you'll gain 50 Overshields per cast of Polarize.  Check my quote above, you still gain overshields even if there are no shielded enemies around.

But only 50? Should I just give up using that augment? It's just useless if only 50 shield extra

Just now, (PS4)ARIES-WY said:

But only 50? Should I just give up using that augment? It's just useless if only 50 shield extra

Only 50 per cast on unshielded enemies, yes.  If you're around Corpus or Corrupted, you can get the full 1,200 in almost one cast.

Please read the wiki link I provided.

Only 50 per cast on unshielded enemies, yes.  If you're around Corpus or Corrupted, you can get the full 1,200 in almost one cast.

Please read the wiki link I provided.

Truth be told, that's kind of lame when Trinity can do the exact same thing on any faction with her respective Augment.

Not to dis Mag or anything, yet that seems a little unfair.

Just now, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

Truth be told, that's kind of lame when Trinity can do the exact same thing on any faction with her respective Augment.

Not to dis Mag or anything, yet that seems a little unfair.

Eh.  I have tab A for shielded runs and tab B for unshielded.  (Grineer and Infested get Fracturing Crush instead of Shield Transference)  But, I can see how the augment would be a disadvantage for a casual/light Mag player.

But honestly, if you're going up against the only two unshielded factions in the game, you don't want more shields, you want more health and CC.  Infested can bypass shields and Grineer do insane slash, so really, you don't want to be using that specific augment unless you're against the Corpus or Corrupted. 

Eh.  I have tab A for shielded runs and tab B for unshielded.  (Grineer and Infested get Fracturing Crush instead of Shield Transference)  But, I can see how the augment would be a disadvantage for a casual/light Mag player.

But honestly, if you're going up against the only two unshielded factions in the game, you don't want more shields, you want more health and CC.  Infested can bypass shields and Grineer do insane slash, so really, you don't want to be using that specific augment unless you're against the Corpus or Corrupted. 

So should I swap maxed redirection to the augment ?? Because with maxed redirection I got 1000 + shield

So should I swap maxed redirection to the augment ?? Because with maxed redirection I got 1000 + shield

I get a total of 2,310 shields when I use a maxed Redirection and Shield Transference.

However, if you're going against Corpus or Corrupted, I'd keep the augment and Redirection. 

What's the rest of your build?

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Very true, yet to be honest, the only time Shields (and especially Overshields) are useful is when flat-out Damage Reduction is applied to your Warframe, as they then act like extra Health (kind of). Yet still, even with that, due to Health having percentage damage reduction thanks to Armor, it's still a far better thing to fall back on.

I guess I understand why they gave the Augment to Mag, but honestly, it doesn't do anything for her right now when she has no way to buff up her Shields with DR, unlike say Trinity or Mesa. Especially since it works off Shields way more than Armor, horribly limiting its overall usefulness, unlike most Augments.