Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the game genre?

0relllius

Question

Howdy, I spoke to my clan friends whom are playing for 3k+ hours, and they told me that each warframe has a role in each mission. I mean, like loki/ivara and oberon = spy, frost for excvations and lifesupp runs, and trinity/banshee for more supportive role. Is it an RPG/FPS? RPG? I got lost with how to work out with this game completely. I mean, It's a grinding game, it's a P2W, I need some good explanation if someone has some free time for me.

15 answers to this question

Basically, it's a free-to-play cooperative third-person shooter. If you want to get a bit more technical, it's a free-to-play instance-based sci-fi cooperative and multiplayer third-person action shooter. And if you want to throw in extra details, mention how it's focused mostly on grind and how it's completely free-to-play with no pay-walls.

Edited by JRMC

8 minutes ago, JRMC said:

Basically, it's a free-to-play cooperative third-person shooter. If you want to get a bit more technical, it's a free-to-play instance-based sci-fi cooperative and multiplayer third-person action shooter. And if you want to throw in extra details, mention how it's focused mostly on grind and how it's completely free-to-play with no pay-walls.

Basically I was asking for some details, but you have fully explained. just wondering if it's matter which role do I play, or whatever frame I'm good at will be good in instances?

3 minutes ago, Tetravaal said:

Basically I was asking for some details, but you have fully explained. just wondering if it's matter which role do I play, or whatever frame I'm good at will be good in instances?

there isent really like instances, you more have to think of it as Questing areas, and unless you join the raids play whatever works for you. just because a frost can make a dome to protect a excavator doesent mean thats the only thing to pick.

Try the different warframes and find wich 1 suits your style. what do you normally like as a "role"?

1 minute ago, Shirafunes said:

there isent really like instances, you more have to think of it as Questing areas, and unless you join the raids play whatever works for you. just because a frost can make a dome to protect a excavator doesent mean thats the only thing to pick.

Try the different warframes and find wich 1 suits your style. what do you normally like as a "role"?

I don't know, well in MMOs like ESO and such I used to play as magical character, some sort of sorcerer and damage dealer, also as a healer in some way, cause of my playstyle was always in the magician side, I don't know why I like this role I used to craft Trinity prime cause I found out it has healing and I think I'm good at it, I will try her out tomorrow and see if she really does fit my "role" or as my main character.

5 minutes ago, Shirafunes said:

there isent really like instances, you more have to think of it as Questing areas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instance_dungeon

11 minutes ago, Tetravaal said:

just wondering if it's matter which role do I play, or whatever frame I'm good at will be good in instances?

It really depends on the situation. The game doesn't restrict you behind roles, you're free to mix and match. Your loadout, however, will dictate the outcome of a mission, so yeah, I guess you can take up certain roles but at the same time, you can take whatever you're good at.

Edited by JRMC

Just now, Tetravaal said:

I don't know, well in MMOs like ESO and such I used to play as magical character, some sort of sorcerer and damage dealer, also as a healer in some way, cause of my playstyle was always in the magician side, I don't know why I like this role I used to craft Trinity prime cause I found out it has healing and I think I'm good at it, I will try her out tomorrow and see if she really does fit my "role" or as my main character.

hmmmm yeh yo should look into trinity,ember,nova or nekros. they seem to fit your liking in magic es warframes.

if you ever are in doubt what to build you can always try to look on http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes

when it comes to warframe you can always find a build with a explanation on why they use the mods they have.

1 hour ago, Shirafunes said:

hmmmm yeh yo should look into trinity,ember,nova or nekros. they seem to fit your liking in magic es warframes.

if you ever are in doubt what to build you can always try to look on http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes

when it comes to warframe you can always find a build with a explanation on why they use the mods they have.

Thank you man, and thank you all for your explainations. I really apprcieate. it can be locked.

1 hour ago, FLSH_BNG said:

P2W? Not even possible in a game that's co-op with token PvP modes... and doesn't have an end yet to denote victory of any kind.

You bought plat. I did not.

Someone LFG Frost.

I had Frost but deleted him to try other frames since I only had 4 frame slots. You have all frames because you bought more slots.

Group Takes you. You won.

(This was Warframe before the Trade system)

P2W Now though? Hell No. Not even close.

Before I started playing, someone described this game to me as a stealth game.  It's definitely not, even if you try to play it stealthy by abusing the detection mechanics.

It's more of a mass murder, mob battling, 3rd person PvE shooter.  It has RPG elements like loot collection, leveling weapons and characters, and a mana pool for your magic, but what game doesn't have that stuff these days?

It's definitely not pay to win.  I've never spent a dime and I have almost everything in the game.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

Before I started playing, someone described this game to me as a stealth game.  It's definitely not, even if you try to play it stealthy by abusing the detection mechanics.

It has elements of stealth gameplay. It's most notable when playing solo. It has about the same amount of stealth as Shadows of Mordor IMO.  Some maps like the hive missions that have horror elements. A lot of what I just mentioned can be quite easily missed or ignored when in groups. Especially with randoms.

edit: If you had never seen/heard of Warframe and saw just my gameplay, you could probably assume it was a stealth game.

Edited by DatDarkOne
added content

Space Shark Cyborg Ninja Super Heroes

Also this-v

6 hours ago, JRMC said:

. If you want to get a bit more technical, it's a free-to-play instance-based sci-fi cooperative and multiplayer third-person action shooter. And if you want to throw in extra details, mention how it's focused mostly on grind and how it's completely free-to-play with no pay-walls.