The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A fix to Excalibur's passive. (And a couple of other issues I have)

Kerberos-3

So, I have a slight issue with Excalibur's passive. Mainly the fact that it triggers on weapons that make zero sense for it to trigger on, and it doesn't trigger for weapons that, in theory, it should activate for. Let me explain what I mean. Excalibur's passive adds 10% attack speed and 10% damage to swords, dual swords, nikanas, and rapiers(However, for some reason, rapiers don't trigger the bonuses on Excali's actual abilities). However, this means that Excali's passive triggers on a quartet of weapons where it makes no sense for it, namely, Dual Zoren, Dual Kamas, Dual Cleavers, and Twin Basolk. None of these weapons are actually swords, yet they still get bonuses. Whats worse, there are a number of weapons that, in theory, should activate Excalibur's passive, but they don't. Namely, Blade and Whips, Gram, Galatine, Machetes except for Kama, Sword and Shield, and Gunblades. All of these weapons are technically a kind of sword, yet they get nothing. So, here is my fix for Excalibur's passive to make more sense within the context of the game:

Excalibur adds 10% attack speed and 10% damage to the following weapon types:

-Swords

-Dual Swords(Except for Dual Zoren, Dual Kamas, Dual Kamas Prime, Dual Cleavers, and Twin Basolk)

-Nikanas

-Rapiers(FYI, this needs to be fixed so that Excalibur's abilities get bonuses for him using this thing, just like all the other weapons)

-Heavy Blades(Except for Scindo, Scindo Prime, and Zenistar)

-Machetes(Except for Kama)

-Sword and Shield

-Gunblade.

Also, all these weapon trigger the bonuses on his abilities for their use.

Now, I do have a couple of other issues, one of which stems from the Second Dream, but that one is probably a Dev oversight. It's the Conculyst that spawns at the Void Gate when you are chasing the Stalker. I don't know why, but for some reason, it spawns with Battalyst arms equipped, granting it the Battalyst's energy bazookas in addition to it's own melee attacks. This seems kinda mean to me. I know Second Dream isn't supposed to be easy, but making the first Sentient you fight that much of a pain to fight really isn't doing any favours. Like I said, it was probably an oversight, but please DE, make that Conculyst spawn in with the proper arms.

My third issue is mainly a Fashonframe thing, but can we please get a Grineer themed Sword or Sword skin? I really want to use Excalibur Graxx, but I really don't want to gimp myself for the sake of looks because we have no Grineer themed Swords or Sword skins.

3 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

My third issue is mainly a Fashonframe thing, but can we please get a Grineer themed Sword or Sword skin? I really want to use Excalibur Graxx, but I really don't want to gimp myself for the sake of looks because we have no Grineer themed Swords or Sword skins.

I'm not going to touch on Excalibur because that will become a MAJOR derailment in this thread, as i'd probably go on a tangent. That aside, using the logic of your weapons the passive should work on, we DO have the Machete and Machete Wraith, as well as an actual Grineer Sword by technicality, Vor's Cronus. So you DO have the Cronus as an option until they make another Grineer based sword, if they do.

the main reason excal's passive works with the Dual Zoren, Dual Kamas, Dual Kamas Prime, Dual Cleavers, and Twin Basolk is because they all use the twin sword stances as they do not have a stance of their own (would be nice if they did imo)

personally, i would go as far as making his passive affect ALL melee weapons due to him being the "sword" master...in this case all his powers ARE melee based (his blind is CC but make melee really great)

that being said one weapon type that SHOULD be added to his passive is thrown weapons...because the original excalibur, Haden Tenno used the glaive as his main weapon.

you can't surely expect De to revolve his passive around weapon design rather than weapon type, can you? the reason why dual Axes/Kamas/Cleavers are wielded that way is because it's easier for DE to put them under that animation set, and it still fits. perhaps they could rename Dual Swords to "Dual Blades" so as to include non-sword weapons like kamas. but to expect them to change the passive for some weapons and not others is crazy IMO, there's much bigger things for DE to worry about.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

you can't surely expect De to revolve his passive around weapon design rather than weapon type, can you? the reason why dual Axes/Kamas/Cleavers are wielded that way is because it's easier for DE to put them under that animation set, and it still fits. perhaps they could rename Dual Swords to "Dual Blades" so as to include non-sword weapons like kamas. but to expect them to change the passive for some weapons and not others is crazy IMO, there's much bigger things for DE to worry about.

Actually, in this case, yes, we should. It's an issue of quality. Excalibur is explained to us as the "Swordsman" frame. How is it that we are supposed to be okay with gimping ourselves for using nearly a third of the swords in game, yet for some reason his power is buffed using weapons that make zero sense in the context of his theme, such as axes(Dual Zoren and Twin Basolk), sickles(Dual Kamas and Dual Raza), and cleavers(Dual Cleavers). How could we trust DE to stick to a given theme for any Warframe if they can't even do so for one of the oldest, most iconic frames in game?

What abilities are you talking about rapiers not triggering on?

Slash Dadh and Exalted Blade themselves count as a longsword weapon, and always gain the benefit of his passive. 

Edited by Gelkor

Just now, Gelkor said:

What abilities are you talking about rapiers not triggering on?

Slash Dadh and Exalted Blade themselves count as a longsword weapon, and always gain the benefit of his passive. 

All of them. Equipping any of the weapons that trigger Excalibur's passive causes special bonuses for his abilities. The one exception is Rapiers, and there really isn't a good reason for it.

20 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

All of them. Equipping any of the weapons that trigger Excalibur's passive causes special bonuses for his abilities. The one exception is Rapiers, and there really isn't a good reason for it.

This is false. You need to test this and demonstrate this claim. I've tested extensively when Excalibur's rework occurred and his passive only applies to melee strikes made with his weapons, it has no impact on the damage of Radial Javeline or on the speed of things like Radial Blind.

It does affect Exalted Blade no matter what weapon you have equipped, even when you have no weapon equipped, because Exalted Blade itself counts as a one handed sword.