Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Kubrows Great Again

Leoxses37

Hello all, 

I have a suggestion about kubrows.

When I first started this game, the idea of having a dog seemed to be really cool, but then I noticed that they weren't so useful (unfortunately), especially comparing to the sentinels. And now vacuum can be equipped on every sentinel, which makes the situation even worse for kubrows. So I personally think that kubrows should also have a "useful" mod that can be equipped on every kubrow no matter the type (huras,raksa,sahasa etc.)

A small example can be; taking power cores to the extractors in excavation missions. I thought that'd explain what I've been trying to say as "useful". Some of you might claim that kubrows are already good etc, but I honestly never see people walking around with them. Or you can just say, "I'm happy with my carrier, helios etc." The point is, if kubrows exist, they should be evenly preferable as sentinels. And there needs to be a change for that, or and addition.

Hope this is taken seriously, looking forward to your ideas about the topic, thanks.

For me sentinels are just more useful. And at its core is the vacuum mod. You do want to get each and every resource you can get your hands on. Missions can quickly turn into a color overload or require you to concetrate on mission relevant things. Vacuum allows me this huge QoL effect. 

Then there is the medi-ray mod for sentinels that heals your warframe. This mod has saved me countless of times. Something like this does not exist for pets. Additional QoL: Helios scans for you while you do your mission and Carrier has ammo mutation for your guns that can free up a weapon slot otherwise used for ammo mutation. And then there is shield charger that creates overshields for you and you fellow tenno. 

On top of that I like that my sentinel can either freeze enemies that get too close (Coolant leak mod or Artax) or stagger enemies that come to close (high status Sweeper with impact and blast). This is very helpful with Maniacs or sortie survivals. 

There you have it: I prefer sentinels because of the QoL they provide.

I do not need my companion to do any killing. I have reached a point in the game where my warframe can take care of that. I just need someone doing the menial tasks. But I wish I could pet my sentinel ... 

Edited by k05h

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Just because sentinels have a universal vaccum mod doesnt mean it makes pets useless. Its not hard to walk over mods and such to pick them up. Kinda would wish players stopped using that as an excuse to why pets need a buff or why they are "useless"

Then please tell us what makes your kubrow/kavat/helminth charger useful?

The do decent damage and some of them has some neat buffs (kavats) but thats all. If i could fuse together all kubrows so they can learn: dig,howl,neutralize,protect,retrieve and stalk then i could call them useful but this has already sacraficed 6 modslots.

Now the effects of retrieve and protect are already universal mods for sentinels.

Unless they buff up kubrows to deal aoe damage with atleast 15m range or give them equipable "weapons" i cant consider them useful.

I believe that the point of companions is to have an extra body of presence rather than aid, whereas sentinels aid you in utility matters. It's not a matter of being "useful", I don't think your expectations align with their design.

You've got to understand this properly if you want to get the most out of them.

I believe the example you gave highlights my point. You're expecting a companion, which is designed for combat presence, to perform a task of utility.

Edited by TheSilverians

19 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Just because sentinels have a universal vaccum mod doesnt mean it makes pets useless. Its not hard to walk over mods and such to pick them up. 

Actually it is.  As much as I love having my kubrow run with me, vacuum rules everything.

8 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Actually it is.  As much as I love having my kubrow run with me, vacuum rules everything.

Making vacuum as an excuse to why sentinels is better is just lazy like its really that hard to collect mods and such within 10 meters of yourself. Vacuum isnt everything. Just everything to lazy gamers.

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

1 hour ago, Troll_Logic said:

Nope.  It's obvious.  As for the 10 meters, I've run by energy & health pods that were within 2 meters of my tenno that weren't picked up.

Vacuum isn't all that great and plus it's not necessary all the time. Example. I have an full arcane energize set and everytime I use a little bit of energy (not enough for me to go around looking for energy) my sentinel vacuums up energy and procs Energize. That extra energy all gone to waste. Vacuum is not all of that and it's definitely not absolutely necessary. 

50 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Vacuum isn't all that great and plus it's not necessary all the time.

Many people including myself would disagree with you.  But hey, play how you like.

51 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Example. I have an full arcane energize set and everytime I use a little bit of energy (not enough for me to go around looking for energy) my sentinel vacuums up energy and procs Energize. That extra energy all gone to waste. Vacuum is not all of that and it's definitely not absolutely necessary. 

So why do you have it equipped? :)

36 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

So why do you have it equipped? :)

I guess hes lazy to pick up resources himself:D

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Making vacuum as an excuse to why sentinels is better is just lazy like its really that hard to collect mods and such within 10 meters of yourself. Vacuum isnt everything. Just everything to lazy gamers.

Okay let me put up an example:

Last life, no revives left you ran toward the extraction point. You only have a fraction of life left when you spot an enemy who started to aim at you, hes too close to avoid its killing shot. At this moment you see a health drop at the ground, it will give you just enough hp to survive and finish. As you run towards it you get killed 3 meters from the drop because vacuum is for the lazy players who cant pick up resources by themselves.

My carrier can mutate ammo for me, heal and charge my shield, deal acceptable damage and most importantly it pick up resources around me so i dont have to abadon the objective just because i ran out of ammo.

Meanwhile my pet can attack and kill an enemy and thats all.

Every player in this game can agree that farming resources is tiring and boring any little help to ease it counts and thats why vacuum is the most used sentinel mod.

And before that vacuum was the reason why carrier was the most used sentinel.