Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gladiatorial Frame

(PSN)ImmaTrueSpartan

You can add a Concept to it if u want I can't draw so you'll help me out.

I would really like to see a Tenno that's armor resembles a gladiator. I think his abilities would be cool to me. He will have no Shields because he likes the challenge.

And his name will be Gladius, but i still would like suggestions.

Sprint Speed .85

Shield 0

Power 200 - 250

Health 500 - 1000

Armor 500

Polarities 2x D

Exilus Polarity Nothing

Aura Polarity V

1. Lunge 

He lunges forward with a flying stab with a Gladius sword and Tower Shield. And whoever he hits takes puncture damage and bleeds for a while.

2. Unnamed Warrior

Summons another Gladiator and fights with him like they are working together to kill a tough enemy they cant fight alone.

3. Taunt

Gets Agro (attention) from all of the enemies that hears him. Giving him a buff of health, armor, and damage for a short period of time like an adrenaline rush.

4. Coliseum 

He pulls out his Gladius and Tower Shield that has its own stance and taunts everybody around him and makes an arena of stone and rock that enemies and him can't escape, but teammates can leave. Enemies can come in but they can't leave. He will give himself and all of his team inside a armor and damage boost. But when a teammate leaves their multiplier starts over. The longer it stays up the more armor and damage multiplier they all will have.

Edited by (PS4)ImmaTrueSpartan

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to stop reading at the halved sprint speed. This is warframe, a game where speed is a big factor in everything. Atlas and his base sprint speed of .8 already lags behind the rest of the squad in most missions. Anything with a sprint speed of .5 would be a liability.

Way too slow. Armor, power, and health are much too high. No one liked D polarities. only one and then I think a V would be great. 1st power sounds like Slash Dash. 2 sounds like Atlas's Rumblers. I like the idea of 3 but it's op. With a name like "taunt" maybe it should work like he takes the attention of his enemies off of his allies and directly onto him, making him primed to use the Rage mod. 4 is overpowered, and restrictive, as well as quite stationary to the rest of your teammates and yourself. I like the idea of a gladiator frame. We don't really have anything in game resembling ancient roman or greek themes, so the idea is cool. the powerset and his values are imbalanced though. 

HOWEVER: As a nerd who loves stuff like this, I do have some suggestions. 

*BASE STATS*

Sprint Speed: 1.1

Shield: 0

Power: 100

Health: 350

Armor: 250

Polarities: D/V

Aura Polarity: D

1. Rete: (tbn) throws out a weighted net, catching and ensnaring enemies wherever it lands for a set period of time. (affected by duration and range)

2. Advance: Advance allows (tbn) to increase his armor and power strength while blocking, sacrificing movement speed

3. Taunt: With each kill, he gains a "stack" (to be named) it would be a toggle, much like scarab armor, but when it's activated by pressing the ability key again, (tbh) dispels a wave of energy out from him in a mighty scream, slowing enemies, paralyzing some, and reducing their armor dramatically.

4. God of War: (tbn) calls upon the god of war, summoning a set of exalted armor, greatly increasing his attack speed, power strength, and casting speed, while increasing his armor values. 

Just my thoughts :D I love the idea of the character though

Edited by danthedapper

5 minutes ago, danthedapper said:

Way too slow. Armor, power, and health are much too high. No one liked D polarities. only one and then I think a V would be great. 1st power sounds like Slash Dash. 2 sounds like Atlas's Rumblers. I like the idea of 3 but it's op. With a name like "taunt" maybe it should work like he takes the attention of his enemies off of his allies and directly onto him, making him primed to use the Rage mod. 4 is overpowered, and restrictive, as well as quite stationary to the rest of your teammates and yourself. I like the idea of a gladiator frame. We don't really have anything in game resembling ancient roman or greek themes, so the idea is cool. the powerset and his values are imbalanced though. 

HOWEVER: As a nerd who loves stuff like this, I do have some suggestions. 

*BASE STATS*

Sprint Speed: 1.1

Shield: 0

Power: 100

Health: 200

Armor: 175

Polarities: D/V

Aura Polarity: D

1. Rete: (tbn) throws out a weighted net, catching and ensnaring enemies wherever it lands for a set period of time. (affected by duration and range)

2. Advance: Advance allows (tbn) to increase his armor and power strength while blocking, sacrificing movement speed

3. Taunt: With each kill, he gains a "stack" (to be named) it would be a toggle, much like scarab armor, but when it's activated by pressing the ability key again, (tbh) dispels a wave of energy out from him in a mighty scream, slowing enemies, paralyzing some, and reducing their armor dramatically.

4. God of War: (tbn) calls upon the god of war, summoning a set of exalted armor, greatly increasing his attack speed, power strength, and casting speed, while increasing his armor values. 

Just my thoughts :D I love the idea of the character though

I like it but armor is too low. He would die too fast. I think thats less than Oberon.

I believe it needs a bit of tweaking, but overall, I like it.

I really like this bit though:

1 hour ago, (PS4)ImmaTrueSpartan said:

He will have no Shields because he likes the challenge.

The fact that the Gladiator won't have shields, not because it's impossible to utilize them, but because he WANTS to have no shields. 

Name Suggestions:

Manlaban -  Filipino: fighter, combatant

Borroka - Basque: fight

Ares - Greek god of war

Kratos - power incarnate

For the first two, it was hard to translate "gladiator" in different languages, because in lots of languages, gladiator remains a loan word, so I used the term "fighter" instead.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)ImmaTrueSpartan said:

I like it but armor is too low. He would die too fast. I think thats less than Oberon.

Well that would be easy to boost up. I think that health should probably be around 350 and armor around 250 then? kind of in between Nidus and Inaros

4 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

I believe it needs a bit of tweaking, but overall, I like it.

I really like this bit though:

The fact that the Gladiator won't have shields, not because it's impossible to utilize them, but because he WANTS to have no shields. 

Name Suggestions:

Manlaban -  Filipino: fighter, combatant

Borroka - Basque: fight

Ares - Greek god of war

Kratos - power incarnate

For the first two, it was hard to translate "gladiator" in different languages, because in lots of languages, gladiator remains a loan word, so I used the term "fighter" instead.

I like just something like Gladius. Thats his name lol

4 minutes ago, danthedapper said:

Well that would be easy to boost up. I think that health should probably be around 350 and armor around 250 then? kind of in between Nidus and Inaros

That health and armor is low for a god of the arena. Especally since he has so much armor on. I think 300 is Chroma and Atlas has 450 base armor anc they have shields. Plus inaros gets health from finishers and his 4 gives him armor. Nidus gets more armor with stacks and heals over time.

Just now, (PS4)ImmaTrueSpartan said:

That health and armor is low for a god of the arena. Especally since he has so much armor on. I think 300 is Chroma and Atlas has 450 base armor anc they have shields. Plus inaros gets health from finishers and his 4 gives him armor. Nidus gets more armor with stacks and heals over time.

I guess I thought it would fit his theme as a gladiator a bit better. I can see why that would be a problem then. That's why I proposed the armor and health boosts from his 2nd and 4th abilities I proposed

2 minutes ago, danthedapper said:

I guess I thought it would fit his theme as a gladiator a bit better. I can see why that would be a problem then. That's why I proposed the armor and health boosts from his 2nd and 4th abilities I proposed

But when u look at ur frame those abilities don't change the base health and armor it just changes it while ur using the ability. But I see what u mean.

25 minutes ago, danthedapper said:

That's good armor for your frame because u have a shield ability. But that shield ability would fit a Hoplite frame or Centurion frame more.

Okay so how about since he is a hulking boss you give him a passive that lets him gain speed while running forward so he can potentially move at I dunno 3.0 speed if you can get him moving that long. 

His first is cool, but I think a lunge forward could scale with the increased movement. Also why not give him a natural armor reduction that scales with power strength so like the enemies that are hit lose their armor and take a huge hit. 

I like advance, but it'd be cool of allies within a certain range behind him gained the buff too.

Also give taunt a damage reduction not an armor buff so he just in general takes less damage.

How big is coliseums radius?

Gladiators were Gods of Combat to the Roman people, capable of adjusting to any situation. They were all around fighters, the best surviving multiple fights because of their adeptness in every form of weaponry. There were some who could fight one way and succeed, but it was rare since survivability was typically low for them as a whole. To capitalize on that, I think this frame should have 2 forms, like Equinox. An Offense (Gladius Sword) and a Defense (Tower Shield) form.

I haven't really thought about the other abilities (might add those later) but I did think of the 4. 

4. Offense (not my naming, just identification)

Gladius bathes himself in the blood of his enemies, igniting the warrior spirit within.

Stats: 5 energy per second in use

Gladius is covered in Fire, burning away all projectiles and enemies, around him. Gladius wields a blade of molten properties, capable of opening (temporary) larger critical spots in enemies. Enemies killed by the Blade become a puddle of Lava, stopping enemies who step on it, causing Corrosive damage.

Movement: .6 movement speed while active. Gladius lunges at enemies when you melee, launching 5m.

4. Defense

Gladius stands stalwart against all enemies, dishing out as much as the enemy can deal

Stats: 2 energy per second in use

Gladius wields a shields composed of Fire, absorbing enemy fire/ incinerating enemies within a short radius around him. When all energy is consumed/ user activates 4 again, Gladius sends out a directional wave of molten properties (composed of Enemy fire and base damage that can be increased by Power Strength). Creates a field of Lava, stopping enemies who step in it, causing Corrosive damage.

Movement: None. Gladius is unable to move while this is active.

Edited by (PS4)GamingGuerilla14