Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Defense Mission that is more like Mobile Defense Mission

magusat999

I think it's Uranus (Edit - Stephano) - I usually play it in fissure missions, sometimes alerts. It is called "Defense", but you are running from one target to another. That isn't Defense - that is Mobile Defense - and besides it being mis-named it is annoying because the "Waves" are actually several waves, with you running from target to target waiting for Lotus to tell you the Wave is complete. It has some of the longest (and boring-est) waves of any defense I have ever seen - as if someone thought it would be so much fun that players wouldn't mind doing three times the Wave length.

Seriously, the waves need to be shortened to one Wave per target - with a reward per ONE Wave. Actually there should only be one target if this is being called Defense - otherwise it needs to be called Mobile Defense. Yes, that would mean a consistent reward structure with what is and has been conventional to Warframe defense for many years - meaning the players would have more chances at getting rewards - but to offset that I'm sure the odds for anything good can be likewise lowered to compensate... ;p

Edited by magusat999

9 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Well, no it's clearly not mobile defense which has a linear map, a data mass, 2 or 3 randomly chosen defense points, and then an extraction.

It is more like a Mobile Defense mission than it is a Defense mission. You could have used the same argument to show how it is NOT a Defense mission as well, While one can nit-pick that it is not "exactly" like a Mobile Defense, it clearly is a derivative from Mobile Defense and far more distant from Defense missions.

Defense Mission:

• 1 "Pod" to protect
  • Static Area of Defense
  • No "map" whatsoever
  • Enclosed or tactically closed in area (makes no sense to run around too far).
  • No Extraction point,player choose between Waves to extract

The only thing similar is that Stephano Defense - or whatever that tile-set is called, doesn't have an extraction point - otherwise its mobile Defense, albeit in a smaller area; but definitely NOT anything like standard Defense missions.

There are two three maps with non-static defense pods, grineer galleon, grineer shipyard maps, and lua. And there are two other large, non tactically enclosed maps, both on the corpus snow outpost.

The one single thing that makes it unique from other defense maps (multiple static defense points) doesn't make it not a defense.

Edited by rapt0rman

you could say it's mixed with Mobile Defense, and perhaps you'd be right.

but that's the point - trying some things to make Defense more interesting than an AFK Mission as it's usually played.
i'll take trying to make Gamemodes more interesting.

just as the Corpus Outpost Defense Tile, Grineer Shipyard Defense Tile, and Grineer Galleon Defense Tile, try to make Defense a little bit less of a snoozefest Objective wise.

if the flow is truly awful, when some staff members have time they could touch up the Enemy Spawns so that they get to the current Objective faster, perhaps.
but it's not awful from what i recall.