Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acrid Vs Despair?

Grandarex

Question

I've had my eyes on this weapon for awhile now. And from what I can tell, its one of the best secondary weapon in this game.

Can anyone using this weapon give us some feedback on how well it performs?

All I know is what the wiki tells us. But I have a few questions...

- Is it safe to assume that this gun has innate armor ignore since it deals poison damage? (unless DE implements poison resistance later) 

- Hows the bullet travel/accuracy? I understand that this gun shoots bolts, and all bolt-type weapons we have so far (Boltor, Bolto, throwing knives) are absolutely horrible at long range battles... I'm wondering if this gun is any different.

- For those of you who had both Despair/Kunai and Acrid, which do you prefer in a long run? 

I appreciate any informative comments and feedbacks. 

Much thanks in advance, guys.

9 answers to this question

Acrid by miles

"Hows the bullet travel/accuracy?"

I can snipe with acrid, you don't really need to hit any vital organs.. just clipping something in the hand kills it

Acrid is SEMI AUTO.....  so your finger starts to hurt, and has an annoying sound, only real drawback.

I mean... You can look at the damage, and add mods, a high base is insane.

220% hornet, 120% multi, 90% fire, 90% electric, 60% frost, 30% ap

Despair 55 AP base, 176, 387(average) + 348+348+232+116 = 1503 and AP resisted badly

Acrid 100 AI base, 320, 707(average) + 633+633+424+212 = 2609 with alot of armor ignore

Edited by Tatersail

Only thing I can tell you with certainty is that Poison damage ignores all armor on enemies, but keep in mind this means it also doesn't get any of the bonus damage that is related to a specific damage as no poison bonus' have been added yet (eg: 1.5x bullet headshot damage, 1.5x ap damage, 1.25x ele/fire damage etc). I'll let the people who actually have one answer the other two questions for you.

One thing to keep in mind is that it has a 4 second DoT, and the calculations you see usually compare Despair vs. Acrid w/ its full DoT. However, if you wanted to take advantage of each needles full damage, you're going to have to leave some enemies standing while the DoT eats away at their health. This can lead to some problems.

First, when you leave enemies standing, they can still attack and do damage. Moreover, the enemies that are still alive after the initial damage are often the most dangerous (ancients, heavy gunners, etc.).

Second, This can lead to some inefficiency when playing online with others. While you're waiting your DoT to kill an enemy, your teammates are still going to be shooting at them. They (likely) won't be paying enough attention to notice that you already shot them, and that they were going to die anyway without their help.

On the other hand, this all can be solved if you just unload more needles into harder to kill enemies. Your ammo efficiency goes down, but it's still pretty good.

Edited by CitizenV